“Good budget hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Singapore, Singapore
“Good budget hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have been staying there twice during our business trip. The experience there so far so good. The owner is friendly and the environment is good for the rate we are paying. Though is budget but is worth the stay, they have done a remodelling recently. Only thing is that, it is a little noisy during the weekend but is still bearable.

Overall, the location and stay is good. We will still stay there whenever we have business trip in Los Angeles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Facility was filthy and smelly. The furniture was really dated and run down. There were unidentifiable things on the walls by the sink and shampoo and mold in the shower stall.

I would not recommend this facility to anyone unless this is all you can afford.

Room Tip: If you need to stay here request for one farther away from the street
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
eaver08, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Rosemead, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a comment. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Glendale CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I only took this place after reading the fairly good reviews. The price is right for 2 a star hotel. The location in terms of my business meeting were OK. Please note for me it was cheaper to use thier website than booking live directly or expedia, etc., e.g., I called the hotel directly and the man that answered said he did not have any King non smoking rooms available, only Queen and at a higher price than their own website. Booked via their website a King non smoke and it was less $$.

Requested a king non smoke upstairs room, no problem. The problem was two fold, first of all: the noise, not sure if it was bad timing/luck or just loud inconsiderate guests. They even gave me a rear of the property room #231, far and away from the busy Del Mar Blvd. Thought to myself " upstairs, rear of property = good nights sleep." It was anything but, until almost midnight, people were out on the 2nd floor walkway talking to others via their cell phone and discovered we were all invited to their conversations, even the paper thin walls were in need of some good R rated insulation. Then it gets better. Started to notice the cigarette smoke begin to waft through the air and under my closed door. Why bother asking or having a smoke free room when you get to share cigarettes with the other outside-your-room guests? The room itself looks like it has been upgraded albeit pretty shabby workmanship, it reminded of some of places I have stayed at in Mexico where I just needed a bed and shower because I was fishing. Honest to God... there was half of the shower head in the shower and did not notice until I went for my 6AM shower. Had to be rather creative to get wet and rinse off. I truly also hope that it was my imagination adn felt something in the middle of the night on my neck.. not sure. In all fairness, for the price and perhaps as mentioned maybe my bad luck/timing, I may give them one more chance, but their are other options. On a final note.. the check in gal said hot coffee and pastries would be availble at 6AM, was there at 6:45AM and still nothing. Checked out and headed to Starbucks.. kind of the final insult. : (

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
eaver08, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Rosemead, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We will implent changes to the smoking area. Thank you

Management Team
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is a typical family run motel located in a Chinese community outside LA, not far from good eats. It's not far from I-10 exit but not noisey at all. I booked directly and paid $55 a nite. The owner/staff was very friendly, the over all experience was good, except one I thing that I noticed, the AC intake area was really dusty, maybe they forgot to clean it. The room even has a sm kitchen with stove and frig, no bathtub (no problem to me). The bed is fine and I slept all the the way. The breakfast was really simple, just coffee, OJ and some danish, I didn't expect anything more. For a simple place to sleep with good value, this is the one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

I have recently stayed at this hotel for almost 4 months on a weekly rate. The staff at this hotel is quite friendly and will extend every possible help that they can. The rooms are clean and nice - for my longer stays they are serviced twie a week. The neighbouhood has lots of places to eat within a 10-15 minuteswalking distance. There are a couple of places where you can get your laundry done within a 10 minutes. walkable distance. . I am travelling back again to that area and staying there again

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank You again for your wonderful comments

Management Team
India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

I have been to Roadway inn when i was in CA for a business trip. This motel is simply good and the staffs are quite friendly. For just $300+ you get twin bed (queen size) in a spacious room, with Kitchen, TV... of all free wi-fi internet round the clock!!!
Also you get breakfast (bread/coffee/juice etc.,) and near by you have good shops like Delmar super market, pizzahut, Big saver foods etc.,
To conclude, if you are planning your trip to LA, check out this one in rosemead! You will be satisfied

Rate : *****

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

to put things straight up.. dont expect additional amenities which one founds in a hotel like a restaurant, pool, business centre etc etc... this is your regular US motel but beleive if those above can be discounted upon.. this motel will live upto all ur expectations.. front desk is excellent.. will do evrythng possible to cater to ur needs.. rooms are jst perfect.. bettr thn wht i found in othr US motels.. comfy beds.. spacious rooms.. no bath tub here in the bathroom but othrwise is gud.. neat n clean.. large size TV which plays quite a decent no of channels.. unlike most where its pay n watch.. n most of the rooms come attach with a kitchenette so if u planning to stay for a longer duration.. ask for one which has a kitchenette.. vicinity is decent too.. montebello shopping centre is pretty close by.. AMC theatre too is.. internet is complimentary.. bfast too is but nothing much to write home about.. cofi/tea is fine.. but all u get is a muffin along with it.. but that's the standard with all the motels.. some dont even provide this.. duh!.. go for it if your work area is around or u in town to visit someone or so.. LA's hollywood drive, sunset blvd etc are a tad bit far off.. say around 30 minutes drive .. it wont disappoint.. really..

• Liked — cheap price and wonderful rooms
  • Disliked — it was close to my work place so worked for me.. so location can be an issue
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Rosemead? Share your experiences!