Although not going to this area for the wine but actually for a wedding shower, I was fortunate to have found the Hampton Inn and Suites in Rohnert Park which is 10 minutes from Santa Rosa and within 30 minutes from several wineries in the Napa Sonoma area. It is one hour north of San Francisco and is an easy drive in for the day.
I could find no reviews for this hotel and was at first leary since other name brand hotels were more money and sounded like travelers had decent reviews. Well, it turns out the hotel just opened in October 07 and is a well kept secret find since everything is brand new. The King Suite was only $163.00 per night with auto club proof and had a wet bar with refrigerator and microwave (and found a package of popcorn ready for the microwave each day in addition to the coffee for the morning). The love seat opened to a double bed and the huge flat screen TV swung from sofa to bed and was even visable while soaking in the tub!
Great king bed with lovely linens, large well lit sink outside of the shower/toilet area with two huge shelves below to store all the stuff usually jammed on a small counter. Not here! For some icing on the cake - how about the breakfast which is included each day downstairs at no extra charge and has fresh fruit, packaged cereals, bread, english muffins and bagels to toast with choice of cream cheese, butter or peanut butter and some thin round cooked eggs along with juices and three kinds of name brand expensive coffee urns with flavored creamers if desired. The coffee and teas are available 24 hrs. a day too!
I hated to leave my room (402) and wished I'd had more time to sit there in total privacy and comfort, watching a first run movie with my very own popcorn. I will definitely plan to stay there again should we make a trip up north in the general area. It is close to the freeway and one block away from a Costco and there is a Baker's Square and Sushi restaurant within 1 block the opposite way.
Now finally there is a review for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Rohnert Park, California.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling for business or vacation, you'll want a Sonoma County hotel that offers all the conveniences you long for. And that's just what you'll find at the Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park-Sonoma County, CA hotel. We're conveniently located at the Gateway to Wine Country, just a short drive from Sonoma's wineries and the Pacific Coast. There's so much to see and do here, from exotic safaris to fascinating museums to a thrilling drag strip. You'll find it all, just a short drive from our Sonoma County hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Reservation Counter, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Hotel Rohnert Park
- Hampton Inn And Suites
- Hampton Inn Rohnert Park
- Rohnert Park Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park, Sonoma County, CA