“OK for one night stop on road trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Wine Country

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Wine Country to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Wine Country
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6288 Redwood Dr, 101 S Rohnert Expressway Exit, Rohnert Park, CA 94067   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Rohnert Park
San Diego, California
“OK for one night stop on road trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Location is very close to freeway, so access is easy. Parking space is right in front of room so loading and unloading car was simple. The property is run down, seemed to have a recent coat of paint on the exterior. However our room was clean when we arrived. There was a fridge (which we did not use) and microwave in our room. This was an OK stop over for one night stay on our road trip. Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
Aptos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

rented two rooms for my son and i. both were dirty and the description said rooms had refrig, microwave ,coffee maker and high speed internet. lies either room had any of that and front deck wouldn't comply. .one room was a smoking room and it had no ashtrays!! forget this place. next time i'm going to stay at motel 6 because it is very close to the black bear diner!!(fabulous food and plenty!!!!!!!!!!)

Room Tip: not here!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is my second stay at rodeway inn . I had great experience. As always great employee always willing to make your stay comfortable. This time I was given newly renovated room it was great. I will be definitely stay here again and again when I visit wine country.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Even though the hotel review on tripadviser was below average , with everything booked up in the town , I had no option except to stay there . I was thinking that when reviews are not so welcoming the place must also be not so welcoming .

Before I entered the room I had visions of roaches crawling here and there . I had a feeling that the room must be musty and old-looking .

But I was wrong !

The room had new carpet , new furniture , and it looked it was very recently decorated . Towels in the room were clean -- the bedspread , the blanket , everything . In short , the room was much better than what I had imagined . I was surprised , of course , to see what I hadn't expected when I booked the room .

Before checking out next day , the desk person told me that they are 'retouching' the whole lot of things . I could see it still going on .

If they have renovated the whole physiology of Rodeway Inn , I must also my mental picture about it . I don’t know how good they were in the past , but they are not as bad as painted in the past .

Finally , if you ask me for a suggestion , this much I can say : Go and stay there .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was an overnight stop on way back home. We selected it since it was near 101 and is part of Choice Hotels. It was definitely the worst of any of their hotels we have ever stayed in. We were told there would be a frig and microwave. There was not. When we called the front desk they said we had to ask for it. So we did and they brought them down and found somewhere to put them. The TV wouldn't work so they came back. Apparently the guy who plugged in the appliances unplugged the TV. After some moving things around they got the TV working. When we tried to turn on one of the wall lamps between the beds we found there was no knob to turn it on. Another trip back by the maintenance person who returned with a knob. Some of the bulbs in the room were bare with no covers. They did have a very basic breakfast bar with all carbs and even the toasters didn't work well. They did seem to be in the process of working on the rooms, but this place needs lots of work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We checked in after a fabulous wedding celebration. All we wanted is a bed and a good night sleep. The first non smoking room we were given smelled intensely like cigarette smoke. We were given a different room when we came back to the office. The second room was filthy!! See the pictures if you think I protest too much. The carpet had large back stains all over. The room had holes in the wall patched with soft putty fill. The beds sheets were not fitted. The final straw was when we had killed several cockroaches within the first few minutes of entering the room. The office receptionist said he knew there were problems with some of the rooms and the owner was having trouble maintaining the property. We drove home at midnight instead of staying there. Don't even consider staying here!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Rodeway Inn Wine Country? Share your experiences!