“Better than expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rohnert Park
St.Gallen
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The rooms are remodeled, clean and large. Actually pretty good! The staff was extraordinary friendly and helpful! The absence of a refrigerator, microwave and bath amenities are understandable considering the price. Food, coffee and everything else is with 2 min walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stopped in on our way up to northern California. It was okay and on the way, good value. I have actually never stayed at a motel 6 and I was surprised. Check in was kind of weird, both my husband and myself had to show ID(in all my years of traveling that has never happened, I usually go in, my husband waits in the car, so it was surprising that I had to go out and get him to show his ID. That made me feel weird, like......what kind of people are staying here????) But, when we got to the room it was nice and it was quiet and seemed safe. I slept well, check out was easy, back on the road. I would stay again if I were in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Camarillo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Let's get real. This is a Motel 6. It's remodeled. Wood floors and orange walls. But they still have no shampoo, toilet covers, or do not disturb signs. It may be the cheapest decent option in the area. Better than some of the other options. The pool is gross.

Stayed April 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

quick check in, rooms has just been renovated, still have that new room smell. comfortable bed, flat screen tv and whisper quiet air con unit. no coffee maker, but for the price you need to keep it real.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

First the gentleman running the front desk was rude, we checked in very late after an emergency room visit instead of driving 3 hours home. I just assumed because it was late and maybe he had a rough night he attitude was a little off. Second the noise people running up and down stairs, slamming doors and blaring music made it very hard to sleep, as we checked out two other lady's were complaining about the same thing. Third the bathroom, I love that they remodeled all the rooms but with that remodeled rooms only make a difference if they are cleaned, the bathtub had pubic hair in it and the water would not drain and the shower curtain looked stained and had holes in it. So no showering for us, We always stay at motel 6 because the price is good and the rooms are basic and clean and we don't need anything fancy just a place to sleep but for 82 bucks we could have just stayed some where else that we could of got some sleep and showered in a clean bathroom. Very disappointing!

Stayed February 2014
Mendocino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I think this hotel is probably one of the best values in the area and it is much cleaner and in a much safer neighborhood than most hotels of its class in Sonoma County, much better and newer than any in Santa Rosa. I found this hotel perfectly acceptable. Clearly, it is not the Best Western I'm used to, and clearly it is a 2 Star hotel, but I found little to complain about and I would stay there again if looking for a place to sleep at a bargain and don't need "atmosphere". It's clean. All the rooms are recently refurbished so the bathroom, though small, had a new shower unit and clean flushing toilet (though it does lack a lid as another mentioned). They provided 3 bath towels for the 2 of us. They were a little on the thin side which is typical of this hotel class, but they were clean and not stained. There was also a bath mat. You do need to bring your own shampoo and conditioner and hair dryer, but I usually do that anyway regardless of where I stay. We also brought our own pillows; towels, too, but didn't need them. They provided several plastic disposable cups wrapped and sealed in plastic. There was a large, 30+ inch tv and everything was in working order. We had a room on the north side and there was no street noise. I ran the air conditioner all night and was not bothered by noise from other guests. The walls probably are a bit thin and the blanket and bedspread could have been better, but really for under $65 for the room (AARP rate), can't be beat anywhere nearby. Do know that Sonoma County has high hotel taxes so be prepared for paying another $10 for that and $3 for internet access. And all occupants must provide identification. I like their policy of no nonpaying guests after 10pm. Black Bear restaurant (one of my favorite family restaurants), Burger King, Starbucks and Walgreens are all just across the parking lot. I think this is a great location for most needs. Also, there is a microwave in the room with the vending and ice machines. Nice!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side, in the middle, are probably the quietest and have good parking availability...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Reviews on Yelp were right-on. Great feature; having the rugs removed for prego floors. I was bummed about some minor details; see title of this review.

But after hearing that friends had to bail out of a reservation for a room at a different pricy hotel in town, because, as they put it; along with roaches, someone didn't clean up the mess after someone was murdered in the room, I was convinced we got a GREAT DEAL AT MOTEL 6.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Motel 6 Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!