“Great if you are traveling with a pet” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Rohnert Park
Valley Springs, CA
“Great if you are traveling with a pet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is a good place to stay if you are traveling with a pet; there are several places to exercise and TCB for your pooch. Our daughter goes to school at SSU, and after trying just about every place that accepts pets in the vicinity, we feel this is the all around best choice. It's a pretty typical Best Western, but it's always clean, the beds are comfortable, and the service is friendly. The rates are quite reasonable, especially compared to other hotels in the "wine country." Breakfast is included, and there were several choices, including waffles, fruit and hard-boiled eggs. My only complaint is that the TV didn't get the Giants game; the channel selection was very limited.

Room Tip: Rooms by the freeway can be noisy
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed at Best Western motels on most of the nights during our recent 3-week family tour of California. We like the BW brand as each property is independenty owned and managed so there is not the sameness often found with some motel chains. We chose the BW Inn at Rohnert Park because of its location off Route 101 and its proximity to the wine country of Sonoma and Napa.
This was one of the better BW motels we stated in on our tour and was also one of the cheapest. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Although close to Route 101 we were not disturbed by traffic noise. Breakfast was the standard American buffet fare. There is a good-sized pool and a hot tub.
We ate at the Shangrila Grill which serves very good Nepalese food. It is a drive of about 2 miles from the motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Menifee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Spent one night here on my way to Oregon. Very easy to find, next to restaurants. Quick check in. Place was going to be busy but I wanted a ground floor room (motel has stairs, no elevator, just FYI) so lady at the desk told me only rooms that were left on the ground floor faced the freeway. No problem, I have ear plugs. But noise wasn't all that bad, never needed the ear plugs.

Room was big, with a large table and two side chairs. Microwave and refrig were available, although I didn't use them. Bed was very comfortable.

Bathroom is big, lots of towels, which is always nice. The usual BW amenities.

Breakfast room is on the small side, and it was full of young soccer players loading up on waffles before heading out for a tournament. So had to wait a few minutes to find a table to enjoy my bagel and cream cheese, and coffee. They have a waffle maker, cereal, fruit, bagels, etcetera but no eggs or meat, alas. But all I wanted was a bagel so I was cool with that. Others more hungry are advised.

Parking is right outside the rooms. No interior corridors.

I'd stay here again, no hesitation.

Room Tip: If you're worried about noise, don't get a room in the back.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed in this hotel after seeing a Giants Game in San Francisco, I knew we would be checking in later than check-in time so I called to let them know. The person who answered the phone assured me it would be no problem. When we arrived I was so pleased! The front desk person Tammi was sooooo pleasant and quick. My room was very clean, bed was comfortable and when checking out I asked the front desk person if it was too late to add my Best Western rewards number, she let me know that someone there audits the paperwork and looked up my name and found I had a rewards number and that this number was already added for me to earn my points. I was so very pleased and would recommend anyone to stay there. It was only a little over an hour to AT&T park and much cheaper than staying in San Francisco. Very good value for the money and they have a continental breakfast too where they will even make you a waffle.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

When I looked for a hotel in Rohnert Park Best Western was rated #1 and I have to agree. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is convenient to shopping, eating, Sonoma State University, the freeway as well as surrounding cities. Our room had a mini refrigerator/freezer, microwave and coffee maker. Breakfast is offered and it's a nice selection with fresh made waffles. If there is one negative it was the 20 minute in line wait to check out but that certainly won't deter me from returning!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We paid a bit more (about £10-£15 more) for this night’s accommodation than other nights this holiday. I have to say you could see a difference, and we still thought it was pretty good value for money, given the location’s proximity to the Napa and Sonoma Valleys and the price of other accommodation in the area that we looked at. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable, well furnished and quiet. There was a good range of restaurants nearby for dinner. (We ate at the Red Lobster, which was a bit pricey for us for the a la carte, but had an amazingly good value 4-course set special of soup, salad, grilled tilapia with potatoes and vegetables, plus dessert. Also, the soft, warm, cheesy biscuits that came before the meal were melt-in-the-mouth delicious.) Breakfast was good, with a wide range of options and the staff were friendly and helpful. Couldn’t really ask for more.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We just spent a wonderful 7 nights at this motel! We're first-time visitors and will definitely return. The motel is extremely clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful -- all of them. I can not think of anything bad to say about our stay at this motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!