“Excellent Choice and Enjoable Evening” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Rohnert Park
Wales
“Excellent Choice and Enjoable Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We paid a bit more (about £10-£15 more) for this night’s accommodation than other nights this holiday. I have to say you could see a difference, and we still thought it was pretty good value for money, given the location’s proximity to the Napa and Sonoma Valleys and the price of other accommodation in the area that we looked at. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable, well furnished and quiet. There was a good range of restaurants nearby for dinner. (We ate at the Red Lobster, which was a bit pricey for us for the a la carte, but had an amazingly good value 4-course set special of soup, salad, grilled tilapia with potatoes and vegetables, plus dessert. Also, the soft, warm, cheesy biscuits that came before the meal were melt-in-the-mouth delicious.) Breakfast was good, with a wide range of options and the staff were friendly and helpful. Couldn’t really ask for more.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We just spent a wonderful 7 nights at this motel! We're first-time visitors and will definitely return. The motel is extremely clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful -- all of them. I can not think of anything bad to say about our stay at this motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Clean, well appointed room. Had couch, coffee table, desk, chair, microwave, small refrig, lots of storage space. Nice linens. Quiet. Close to IHOP, Dennys, and other coffee shops. Hotel has a nice breakfast - waffles et al. Even had soy milk. Book direct with hotel to get best price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Not sure when I booked the room what this place would be like. It was a last minute
trip. This place was very clean,beds were very good. The breakfast was one of better
ones we have had and they keep it going until 11A.M.. If we come up to wine country
again. This would be the place we would stay.

Room Tip: It is next to Highway 101. Slept good.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Rohnert Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

This Best western was a nice, clean room & the roomes smell clean. Outside was very well taken care of as well as the inside of the room and the office. Very Pet Friendly. Awesome city.
I was moving from Indiana to Rohnert Park and came in a day early, my apartment was not ready so I had to stay at the Best Western to which was a very good chice. I have an outside room to highway 101 very loud outside not bad in the room but the staff was very upfront about the road noise, but I chose it because I was checking in at 6 am and it was all they had but honesty, the noise wasn't that bad. a lot of places to eat, shop and see.

Room Tip: More quiet on the inside parking lot
  • Stayed May 2011
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Just got back from our trip to Sonoma and Napa Counties, staying at the Best Western in Rohnert Park. My wife and I agreed that this motel was a good choice, especially for the money.

Highlights: Pet-friendly ($20 per stay, even though the website says $20/day). Wifi was free, always working and had decent speed. This was especially great since the last couple of hotels/motels I've stayed at had pretty crappy internet service. Rooms had a good-sized refrigerator, and had decent furninture and nice linens. Service was quick and friendly.

Low points: Minor things, but since I didn't give the five-star rating, I'll point them out. Location leaves a little to be desired; as it's right by the highway, you can hear the road noise in your room when it's busy. The breakfast room is small, and the selection of food is nothing to write home about (but it's free!). Motel is a bit dated on the exterior, although they've done a good job keeping the room interiors updated.

We used Rohnert Park as a base to explore Sonoma and Napa Counties. I'm a huge cheapskate, and I didn't feel like dropping the cash to stay at a $200/night hotel in Napa. It worked well as a central location to explore, but Rohnert Park itself is ho-hum as far as dining and activities (think Red Lobster and Olive Garden, literally).

All in all, the Best Western in Rohnert Park is a solid value, and got us (and our dog) a good night's sleep, while providing a good base to explore the surrounding area. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Mount Shasta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Whether travelling for business or pleasure, I have always chosen to stay at the names that are generally very consistent with their upper-end standards - posh. My son will be attending Sonoma State University in the fall, and he had stayed at the Best Western in Rohnert Park on a couple of occasions with friends. I was unable to obtain a reservation at a Sheraton approximately 15 to 20 minutes south, so I took his advice and booked a stay at the Best Western Inn in Rohnert Park. It was the BEST decision I made that week and will continue to stay with them over the next few years. We arrived VERY late in the evening very stressed and tired. My son had to use the computer, which I must say was the only thing that wasn't the highest of standards. There was just one computer in the lobby that was antiquated and had a timer that turned my son's session off, and his report was lost. I was not pleasant and was very upset at the loss of the document and the way the printer kept printing in jagged margins; HOWEVER, even though the office was to close, Tammi, the front-desk agent, was extremely accommodating and remained polite and nice even though I was lost in a stress tantrum. The night auditor, Nashida, even called technical support to see what they could do to assist in getting our document typed and printed successfully. They should both receive an award for "true patience!" When we finally made it to our room, I was pleasantly surprised. The online pictures do NOT do this property justice. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. We were delayed an extra day, and we had to reserve a room for the next night as well. Tammi was kind enough to give us the exact same room as the night before. We will, again, be staying at the Best Western Inn this Thursday, April 28. It is great to know that we have a clean and comfortable room reserved and at a very reasonable price as well - can't beat free parking! THANK YOU Tammi and Nashida. You definitely went ABOVE and truly BEYOND what I would consider exceptional service!

Room Tip: Bring a laptop! They have free WiFi!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!