“Pleasant stay, nice room” 4 of 5 stars

Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Redwood Drive, Rohnert Park, CA 94928   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Rohnert Park
california
“Pleasant stay, nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I stayed at this motel for two nights on November 12th and 13th and was given a nice quiet room facing the courtyard, so freeway noise was not a problem. There was a large group of teenage girls staying there for a soccer tournament on Saturday night that made a lot of noise yelling and banging on doors when they first checked in, but it got quiet within an hour and really was not a problem. The staff here is very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and fresh. I would not hesitate to recommend a room here to my friends, and look forward to another stay! Thank you to Kellie and Linda from the front desk for making my stay pleasant!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Windsor, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I made a reservation with jessica over the phone and she was very helpful. I am planning on moving to the area and i was not sure if this hotel was a safe place to stay when i read the reviews online, but jessica assured me this hotel was quiet and safe. when i checked in sunday morning the young clerk was very accommodating. She helped me check in before check in time and she even offered me a refrigerator for my room at no cost! I got a room on the third floor in a quiet area the room was decent, however the carpet was a little dirty...but what can i say for the price i paid. On the bad side, later during the week, my bathroom fan was very annoying and loud. i reported it to the receptionist and the handyman was notified. I never did get that fan fixed which was a disappointment, but i was quickly transferred to a different room. Other than that, my stay was great and customer service beyond exceptional.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
RPGoodNiteInn, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
I would like to thank mailasmitten for thier review. I am always happy to see postive review. It lets us know that we are going in the right direction with all the changes that we are making here at the Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park. If any of our reviewers have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Good Nite Inn
Rohnert Park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Err not great. Dirty, dark, smelly yuck. We got an 'upgrade' so hate to see what the others look like.

Really pay the extra and go somewhere else or get a tent and go camping.

On the plus side the lady behind the desk was nice but the rest of the hotel wasn't.

• Stayed October 2010
RPGoodNiteInn, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
I would like to thank BeccaAngel79 for their review. Without our guests honest reviews we would not be able to offer the level of service and accomodations that we strive for each and every day. I have been the GM here in Rohnert Park for they past month and we have some major improvements in the works that will bring our rooms and property back up to par. We are getting new beds, carpet, lighting and just revamping the overall appearance of the property. If any future or past guests have any questions please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel. Once again thank you BeccaAngel79 for your review and I hope in the future if your in the area you will give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Rohnert Park hotels

Suisun City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We got this hotel because we were going to a wedding. It's a great hotel on a budget or short stays.

The rooms are clean with nice bedding and comfortable beds. The pillows are a little flat. When I asked for more, the desk clerk didn't hesitate and also told me they were in the process of changing them all out for better ones.

The locating is great too. Right across the street from Wal-Mart. Two fast food places in the parking lot and a couple nice restaurants within walking distance.

The only negative I have is that they only gave us one roll of toilet paper. I had to go to the desk to get more and even then it was only one roll. I also tried calling the desk using the in-room phone several times with no luck. Had to use my cell phone finally.

Also, the wi-fi wasn't free. $4.95 a day was kinda steep.

Otherwise, I recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
I would like to thank timgoat99 for their review. It’s always a positive experience for not only me but my staff to read the good reviews about our hotel. Not only are we replacing our pillows but we are also in the process of replacing the beds, carpets and lighting fixtures. Once again thank you timgoat99 for the review and we look forward to seeing you back again in the near future.

Monterey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

they gave our rooms away, and I had in hand all 4 confirmations. 1 confirmation for 1 room was booked with at travel co. like this and 3 were directly with them. Other ppl. had just as big of problems. Exterior walls were gross and were dirtier than mission st. san fransico. Rooms were dark, unfriendly, dirty, and we were afraid to sleep inside the beds. Our room door had a gap in the closing and if its cold, good luck. Staff really doesnt care. Not friendly and would perfer not to have you. Check in will take 1 hour, NOT kidding!! 2 lines, 1 for arrival/ check in and 1 for complaints once you get there.
Elevator permit expired. NON smoking rooms HAVE BEEN SMOKED IN!!!! Parking lot at night is scarry, bring an attack dog. They share the side parking lot with Taco bell and there are lots of wierdos sleeping and whatever at night when they close. Hotel has 1 employee doing everything and the owner/ manager can be reached by her phone when you tell them you will have an attorney come otherwise GOOD LUCK
What little you pay is way toooooo much!!!! I will NEVER go there again.....I would not recommend to anyone, even an enemy. No one should have this bad of luck, ever

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
I would like to apologize to usflores for any inconveniences that they might have had during their stay with us. I wish these items were brought to my attention at check in or during their stay so they could have been handled in a prompt manor. I am available 24 hours a day to my staff and for all the guests if needed either in person or by phone. I was on property during the arrival date until 11pm and we did have a big group come in all at once that did back us up a bit. This is a rare occurrence that hasn't happened before as this is the first year the group arrived like this. I can assure all of our future guests that I have put some policies in place to limit if not completely eliminate this issue. I would also like all of our past and future guests to know that we are in the process of freshening up our rooms and we are about 70% done. We are also in the process at this time of doing our deep cleaning of all our rooms. Once again I would like to apologize to usflores for the issues that arose and hope that they would consider us in the future as we are a very active company in taking care of our problems. If anyone has any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me at the property.

Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

I stayed at the Good Nite Inn in preparation for a very important job interview the following day in Santa Rosa. My wife and I arrived at about 11pm. I checked in with the night clerk who was pleasant enough and proceeded to our room. I had requested a non-smoking top floor room since I am a light sleeper and didn't want any overhead thuds.

As we entered the room we were immediately overcome with cigarette stench as well as what smelled like body odor. It was horrible. However we were both about to collapse from a very long day and didn't feel like walking all the way back to the lobby with our luggage to request another room, not to mention having to walk by all the shady people meandering about the property again so we just said "Whatever" and went to bed.

First of all, the bed was horrible. Probably the most uncomfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. Felt like sleeping on springs with a sheet on top. It was also very loud and creaky, and we felt like it was going to collapse every time we turned over.

At 2am, shortly after I finally dozed off, someone pounded on our door. I looked out the peephole and it was a very ominous homeless looking gentleman. I ignored it and went back to bed. At 3am, more banging on the door, this time someone else. When there wasn't someone banging on the door, you could always hear what sounded like drunk people arguing. Lots of doors opening and closing. I'm pretty sure some illegal activity was taking place throughout the night. Finally fell asleep at 4am, and our phone starts ringing. I ignore it, and the phone rings again at 5am. At this point I unplugged the phone and threw it across the room out of frustration (no I did not break it).

So I woke up at 6am to prepare for my interview with about 2 hours of sleep under my belt. The bathroom was small but acceptable. Probably the only acceptable thing about my stay.

Seriously, and I don't say this often: Avoid this hotel at all costs. The price is low, but it's just not worth it. My wife and I felt unsafe, uncomfortable, and dirty. Definitely don't take your family here. At least the door had sturdy looking deadbolts. I regret not requesting a different room from management, however assuming we did get a clean fresh room, I think noise, safety, and bed comfort issues still would have been a problem. It's interesting to see that other reviewers have had similar issues with noise and phone calls in the middle of the night. I'm not surprised.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
I would like to thank eurostorm63 for their review on their stay with us here at the Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park. In my past management responses I have let our guests know that we are in the process of getting not only new beds but carpeting and new lighting. At this time we are about 70% complete. If these issues were brought to the attention of my staff I can assure you that they would have been handled in a prompt and efficient manner. The issue with people calling the rooms and knocking on the doors is something that we don't have complete control over but if notified we can put restrictions on the phone and also walk that area of the property more to put an end to it but we would need to be notified of the issue. I would like t thank eurostorm63 for their review and hope if they are in the area they will consider us again as we are making improvements each day to exceed our guests expectations. If anyone has any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me at the property.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Unfortunately we found the Good Nite Inn @ Rohnert Park very dingey. The corridoors to rooms are cold & dark. The rooms were small, dated and dark. There were only 2 lamps in the room and no overhead lighting. I couldn't even see the contents of my suitcase. The room was dark & cramped and I could not wait to check out!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank Srikantha for their review. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that they encountered during their stay. I would like Srikantha to know that we are in the process of updating the lighting in the rooms due to our guest’s requests to do so. We are also installing new carpets and beds. As for the corridors and walkways we are giving them a good washing and starting a new maintenance program to keep them up to par. I have been at the property for a little over a month and have had my hand full but we are making great strides to offer a great product at a very reasonable price. If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Adrian Vasquez

Been to Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!