“Cheap” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Rohnert Park
Thousand Oaks, CA
“Cheap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a hotel with lots of rooms near the 101 freeway. Bed was very lumpy. Water pressure in shower was weak. I had to unplug the alarm clock to charge something. The remote control did not work, nor did one of the lamps. Rooms near the freeway were very noisy. I would not stay here again. It was very cheap though.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
RPGoodNiteInn, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than desirable. We appreciate the feedback from our guests because it gives us constructive criticism on what needs to be done to improve our product.

Respectfully,

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in the past when we have visited Rohnert Park and it was OK. However, this last time was horrible! First, the person who was checking us in was rude and not helpful. Then they require a $50 deposit, which would be fine except once we got in to the room we were disgusted. There were more stains on the carpet then actual carpet. It looked like someone was murdered in the room. Then there were holes in the walls and ceilings. Guests in rooms around us were loud and partying all night long, even though we were there on a Wednesday and Thursday (typically non party nights). We will never stay there again and I would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am sorry to hear that your return visit was not what you expected. As a new manager, I welcome guest feedback and utilize it as a tool to measure what our customers find to be a priority.

The hotel market in this area has been extremely busy lately and we have been selling out on a regular basis. Therefore, the weekday activity is similar to the weekend activity.

Since I have read several negative comments regarding our guest room carpet condition, the Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park has scheduled a professional service to come out and clean the carpets throughout the hotel during the month of October. In addition to the hotel wide carpet cleaning, we are addressing many other areas of concern and would hope that you would try us again in the future.

Respectfully,

Travelers are raving about these Rohnert Park hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Noisey
Phone didn't work
Priceline Confirmation not accessed at their front desk.
I had to solve this by offering to pay pending receipt of confirmation. Otherwise they were
Perfectly willing for us to wait... even though I had a confirmation from Priceline on my phone.
Believe it or not: no identifying sign indicating name of hotel on exterior. We found it with GPS.
Tub drain valve faulty.
Receptionist seemed uncaring, unable to solve a problem to benefit customer.

• Stayed October 2013
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excessive staining on the floor. So disgusting that it was probably a health hazard. I cannot believe that legally they can rent a room like that. Do you have a conscience. Would you(the owner of this hotel stay there? Soo Sad!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Trinity, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Booked Airline, Car and Inn through Expedia.com. Arrived at Inn check-in and was told that a charge per day for wireless internet. My booked trip included Free Wireless Internet and was told I have to pay for internet. After showing my receipt from Expedia including Free Internet to the front desk person and he still insisted it was not included, I called Expedia. The first customer service person from Expedia put me on hold and called the Inn. He couldn't get any results for Free internet and said I could just go to another hotel. I told him that was not satisfactory and he said was referring it to his supervisor, to please hold. The Expedia Manager, (Supervisor) called and talked to the Inn Manager on duty. The Expedia Manager came on line and said the Inn will honor Free Wireless and he would book another hotel for us if we would like. I thank him and said I would stay here. The Inn Manager (TJ) provided Free Internet and was very helpful with our room assignment. The room was clean and Housekeeping was very helpful, polite, and did a good cleaning our room each day for a week, especially Alicia. After observing the other hotels in this area, this appears to be better than most Low Budget Basic Hotels. Keep in mind if you are expecting Luxury this Inn is not for you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orange, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I wish I could give this place less than one star. It deserves it. The ONLY good thing about this place was that ONE night was cheap ($64) the second night was more expensive ($80).

Now let's start with the experience. I called and booked a room with their direct line, over the phone (no outside parties, expedia or anything of the sort), Let me reiterate.. DIRECTLY booked, over the phone. One king size, non smoking room for two nights. We arrived close to 12am (it was a long drive from SoCal) and were nicely greeted by a friendly lady at the window who promptly checked us in. We walked over to the room, tried the keycard, didn't work. Went back to the lady up front who told us that that they can be de-magnetized easily, so she reprogrammed them. Back to the room, still didn't work. Back to the front desk, this time, she came with us bringing her master keycard. Get to the room, you guessed it.. didn't work. She goes on to explain that the only time the master key doesn't work is when someone has deadbolted the room from inside. YEP, someone was sleeping in the room we booked. The front desk lady explained that this was happening more times than she cared to discuss, someone would book a room and some employee didn't put it in the system.

She told us she would "upgrade" us. Fast forward thirty minutes later and we're on the third floor, in a room with two double beds. Please explain how making us walk up one extra flight of stairs and giving us two beds in TWO SIZES SMALLER than we booked and paid for was considered an upgrade??! Not only that, there were cigarette burns on the linens and floors, what looked like a urine or vomit black spot between the two beds, mildew on the ceiling, the light socket was falling out of the wall, the toilet paper holder was also falling out of the wall and the bathroom door barely opened because the toilet was blocking it. I have pictures, let them try to argue.

We attempted to sleep through the night but made it to about 6:30am before long (we tried sharing a double bed, it didn't work out.. yes we could have slept separately, no that is not what we wanted to pay for). Went to the front desk to try and be refunded, new guy at the front said they could only refund me one night because we had stayed for more than 3 hours... REALLY? Told me I could wait around 'til 11am to see if anything opens up because they were completely sold out of king size and queen size.. REALLLYYY? So I took the refund of one night and left.

Contacted corporate who didn't respond to me despite leaving my name and number with some lady named Nelly Flores (or something like that) in customer care. Contacted the BBB and finally got a response from GNI, who said that "though they never received a call or complaint they would be glad to refund me. It may take 3-5 business days depending on the banking institution."

We'll see if they refund me or not. All in all, TERRIBLE experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Room had the absolute bare minimum. Four towels (two bath, two facecloths). One roll of toilet paper that wasn't renewed on our 2nd day. No fridge or microwave. $5 per day wi-fi is a complete ripoff, only 0.5 Mbps down, upload next to nothing so basically useless.
Our room had this disgusting smell... sort of musty and chemical. Never did get better even with airing out.
Sketchy feeling area... you need to check-in through a bullet-proof window at night. There is also a thing they make you sign agreeing to not do drugs in your room among other things (what kind of people do they have staying here???) Didn't feel great about our safety.
Room wasn't clean. Stains on carpet. Thin, stained towels. Bath very water / soap scum stained. Mildew in corners.
We stayed in three different Good Nite Inns on our trip and this was the worst.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!