“Should have slept in the car....” 1 of 5 stars

Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Redwood Drive, Rohnert Park, CA 94928   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rohnert Park
wisconsin
“Should have slept in the car....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excessive staining on the floor. So disgusting that it was probably a health hazard. I cannot believe that legally they can rent a room like that. Do you have a conscience. Would you(the owner of this hotel stay there? Soo Sad!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Trinity, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Booked Airline, Car and Inn through Expedia.com. Arrived at Inn check-in and was told that a charge per day for wireless internet. My booked trip included Free Wireless Internet and was told I have to pay for internet. After showing my receipt from Expedia including Free Internet to the front desk person and he still insisted it was not included, I called Expedia. The first customer service person from Expedia put me on hold and called the Inn. He couldn't get any results for Free internet and said I could just go to another hotel. I told him that was not satisfactory and he said was referring it to his supervisor, to please hold. The Expedia Manager, (Supervisor) called and talked to the Inn Manager on duty. The Expedia Manager came on line and said the Inn will honor Free Wireless and he would book another hotel for us if we would like. I thank him and said I would stay here. The Inn Manager (TJ) provided Free Internet and was very helpful with our room assignment. The room was clean and Housekeeping was very helpful, polite, and did a good cleaning our room each day for a week, especially Alicia. After observing the other hotels in this area, this appears to be better than most Low Budget Basic Hotels. Keep in mind if you are expecting Luxury this Inn is not for you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orange, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I wish I could give this place less than one star. It deserves it. The ONLY good thing about this place was that ONE night was cheap ($64) the second night was more expensive ($80).

Now let's start with the experience. I called and booked a room with their direct line, over the phone (no outside parties, expedia or anything of the sort), Let me reiterate.. DIRECTLY booked, over the phone. One king size, non smoking room for two nights. We arrived close to 12am (it was a long drive from SoCal) and were nicely greeted by a friendly lady at the window who promptly checked us in. We walked over to the room, tried the keycard, didn't work. Went back to the lady up front who told us that that they can be de-magnetized easily, so she reprogrammed them. Back to the room, still didn't work. Back to the front desk, this time, she came with us bringing her master keycard. Get to the room, you guessed it.. didn't work. She goes on to explain that the only time the master key doesn't work is when someone has deadbolted the room from inside. YEP, someone was sleeping in the room we booked. The front desk lady explained that this was happening more times than she cared to discuss, someone would book a room and some employee didn't put it in the system.

She told us she would "upgrade" us. Fast forward thirty minutes later and we're on the third floor, in a room with two double beds. Please explain how making us walk up one extra flight of stairs and giving us two beds in TWO SIZES SMALLER than we booked and paid for was considered an upgrade??! Not only that, there were cigarette burns on the linens and floors, what looked like a urine or vomit black spot between the two beds, mildew on the ceiling, the light socket was falling out of the wall, the toilet paper holder was also falling out of the wall and the bathroom door barely opened because the toilet was blocking it. I have pictures, let them try to argue.

We attempted to sleep through the night but made it to about 6:30am before long (we tried sharing a double bed, it didn't work out.. yes we could have slept separately, no that is not what we wanted to pay for). Went to the front desk to try and be refunded, new guy at the front said they could only refund me one night because we had stayed for more than 3 hours... REALLY? Told me I could wait around 'til 11am to see if anything opens up because they were completely sold out of king size and queen size.. REALLLYYY? So I took the refund of one night and left.

Contacted corporate who didn't respond to me despite leaving my name and number with some lady named Nelly Flores (or something like that) in customer care. Contacted the BBB and finally got a response from GNI, who said that "though they never received a call or complaint they would be glad to refund me. It may take 3-5 business days depending on the banking institution."

We'll see if they refund me or not. All in all, TERRIBLE experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Rohnert Park hotels

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Room had the absolute bare minimum. Four towels (two bath, two facecloths). One roll of toilet paper that wasn't renewed on our 2nd day. No fridge or microwave. $5 per day wi-fi is a complete ripoff, only 0.5 Mbps down, upload next to nothing so basically useless.
Our room had this disgusting smell... sort of musty and chemical. Never did get better even with airing out.
Sketchy feeling area... you need to check-in through a bullet-proof window at night. There is also a thing they make you sign agreeing to not do drugs in your room among other things (what kind of people do they have staying here???) Didn't feel great about our safety.
Room wasn't clean. Stains on carpet. Thin, stained towels. Bath very water / soap scum stained. Mildew in corners.
We stayed in three different Good Nite Inns on our trip and this was the worst.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night as a convenience to avoid driving back to San Francisco late, so didn't require anything fancy. However, we do expect a certain level of cleanliness. So why such a bad rating? After 9:00 pm or so you have to check in through a tiny bullet-proof window. I should have felt assured I guess when a police cruiser drove by the poorly lighted area. I asked for a smoke-free room--this one reeked of cigarettes. The rug and side chair were filthy -- see photos. The bed sagged in the middle. Good Nite Inns should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Not the best of surroundings, didn't feel comfortable having my wife go to the restaurant next door. Bedroom smelt of horrible carpet refresher and bed was terrible, mattress needed replacing. Burns on bed cover. Moved to another room which was an improvement even though it had been smoked in.

• Stayed August 2013
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good deal for the location and the cleanliness. Staff helpfull and free parking lot. Quick check in and easy accses to the rooms. I would recommend the 2nd floor to get off the noise. Wifi is not free unfortunately, $4,95/day

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!