I wish I could give this place less than one star. It deserves it. The ONLY good thing about this place was that ONE night was cheap ($64) the second night was more expensive ($80).
Now let's start with the experience. I called and booked a room with their direct line, over the phone (no outside parties, expedia or anything of the sort), Let me reiterate.. DIRECTLY booked, over the phone. One king size, non smoking room for two nights. We arrived close to 12am (it was a long drive from SoCal) and were nicely greeted by a friendly lady at the window who promptly checked us in. We walked over to the room, tried the keycard, didn't work. Went back to the lady up front who told us that that they can be de-magnetized easily, so she reprogrammed them. Back to the room, still didn't work. Back to the front desk, this time, she came with us bringing her master keycard. Get to the room, you guessed it.. didn't work. She goes on to explain that the only time the master key doesn't work is when someone has deadbolted the room from inside. YEP, someone was sleeping in the room we booked. The front desk lady explained that this was happening more times than she cared to discuss, someone would book a room and some employee didn't put it in the system.
She told us she would "upgrade" us. Fast forward thirty minutes later and we're on the third floor, in a room with two double beds. Please explain how making us walk up one extra flight of stairs and giving us two beds in TWO SIZES SMALLER than we booked and paid for was considered an upgrade??! Not only that, there were cigarette burns on the linens and floors, what looked like a urine or vomit black spot between the two beds, mildew on the ceiling, the light socket was falling out of the wall, the toilet paper holder was also falling out of the wall and the bathroom door barely opened because the toilet was blocking it. I have pictures, let them try to argue.
We attempted to sleep through the night but made it to about 6:30am before long (we tried sharing a double bed, it didn't work out.. yes we could have slept separately, no that is not what we wanted to pay for). Went to the front desk to try and be refunded, new guy at the front said they could only refund me one night because we had stayed for more than 3 hours... REALLY? Told me I could wait around 'til 11am to see if anything opens up because they were completely sold out of king size and queen size.. REALLLYYY? So I took the refund of one night and left.
Contacted corporate who didn't respond to me despite leaving my name and number with some lady named Nelly Flores (or something like that) in customer care. Contacted the BBB and finally got a response from GNI, who said that "though they never received a call or complaint they would be glad to refund me. It may take 3-5 business days depending on the banking institution."
We'll see if they refund me or not. All in all, TERRIBLE experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Good Nite Inn, the number one economy hotel company in California. Come stay with us and you’ll discover what our loyal customers have come to expect time and time again: comfortable, clean, and modern accommodations at unbeatable prices. Located between Petaluma and Santa Rosa, California, the Good Nite Inn is close to a wide variety of dining options within walking distance, over 150 wineries within a short drive and just minutes from Russian River Valley, Infineon Raceway, the Charles M. Schultz Museum, Crane Creek Regional Park, the Scandia Family Fun Center, Sonoma State University, Sonoma Fairgrounds, and Russian River Wine Road Tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park Hotel Rohnert Park
- Good Nite Rohnert Park
- Good Nite Hotel Rohnert Park
- Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park Sonoma County, CA