“Terrible; Stay Away, NOT worth it!” 1 of 5 stars

Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Redwood Drive, Rohnert Park, CA 94928   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Orange, California, United States
“Terrible; Stay Away, NOT worth it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I wish I could give this place less than one star. It deserves it. The ONLY good thing about this place was that ONE night was cheap ($64) the second night was more expensive ($80).

Now let's start with the experience. I called and booked a room with their direct line, over the phone (no outside parties, expedia or anything of the sort), Let me reiterate.. DIRECTLY booked, over the phone. One king size, non smoking room for two nights. We arrived close to 12am (it was a long drive from SoCal) and were nicely greeted by a friendly lady at the window who promptly checked us in. We walked over to the room, tried the keycard, didn't work. Went back to the lady up front who told us that that they can be de-magnetized easily, so she reprogrammed them. Back to the room, still didn't work. Back to the front desk, this time, she came with us bringing her master keycard. Get to the room, you guessed it.. didn't work. She goes on to explain that the only time the master key doesn't work is when someone has deadbolted the room from inside. YEP, someone was sleeping in the room we booked. The front desk lady explained that this was happening more times than she cared to discuss, someone would book a room and some employee didn't put it in the system.

She told us she would "upgrade" us. Fast forward thirty minutes later and we're on the third floor, in a room with two double beds. Please explain how making us walk up one extra flight of stairs and giving us two beds in TWO SIZES SMALLER than we booked and paid for was considered an upgrade??! Not only that, there were cigarette burns on the linens and floors, what looked like a urine or vomit black spot between the two beds, mildew on the ceiling, the light socket was falling out of the wall, the toilet paper holder was also falling out of the wall and the bathroom door barely opened because the toilet was blocking it. I have pictures, let them try to argue.

We attempted to sleep through the night but made it to about 6:30am before long (we tried sharing a double bed, it didn't work out.. yes we could have slept separately, no that is not what we wanted to pay for). Went to the front desk to try and be refunded, new guy at the front said they could only refund me one night because we had stayed for more than 3 hours... REALLY? Told me I could wait around 'til 11am to see if anything opens up because they were completely sold out of king size and queen size.. REALLLYYY? So I took the refund of one night and left.

Contacted corporate who didn't respond to me despite leaving my name and number with some lady named Nelly Flores (or something like that) in customer care. Contacted the BBB and finally got a response from GNI, who said that "though they never received a call or complaint they would be glad to refund me. It may take 3-5 business days depending on the banking institution."

We'll see if they refund me or not. All in all, TERRIBLE experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Room had the absolute bare minimum. Four towels (two bath, two facecloths). One roll of toilet paper that wasn't renewed on our 2nd day. No fridge or microwave. $5 per day wi-fi is a complete ripoff, only 0.5 Mbps down, upload next to nothing so basically useless.
Our room had this disgusting smell... sort of musty and chemical. Never did get better even with airing out.
Sketchy feeling area... you need to check-in through a bullet-proof window at night. There is also a thing they make you sign agreeing to not do drugs in your room among other things (what kind of people do they have staying here???) Didn't feel great about our safety.
Room wasn't clean. Stains on carpet. Thin, stained towels. Bath very water / soap scum stained. Mildew in corners.
We stayed in three different Good Nite Inns on our trip and this was the worst.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Rohnert Park hotels

san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night as a convenience to avoid driving back to San Francisco late, so didn't require anything fancy. However, we do expect a certain level of cleanliness. So why such a bad rating? After 9:00 pm or so you have to check in through a tiny bullet-proof window. I should have felt assured I guess when a police cruiser drove by the poorly lighted area. I asked for a smoke-free room--this one reeked of cigarettes. The rug and side chair were filthy -- see photos. The bed sagged in the middle. Good Nite Inns should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Not the best of surroundings, didn't feel comfortable having my wife go to the restaurant next door. Bedroom smelt of horrible carpet refresher and bed was terrible, mattress needed replacing. Burns on bed cover. Moved to another room which was an improvement even though it had been smoked in.

• Stayed August 2013
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good deal for the location and the cleanliness. Staff helpfull and free parking lot. Quick check in and easy accses to the rooms. I would recommend the 2nd floor to get off the noise. Wifi is not free unfortunately, $4,95/day

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

the hotel property is really nice, it has flowers, trees and bushes and a court yard that is close to the swimming pool. Their pool is nice but they have a hot tub that they indicated they are not going to fix.
The rooms are very good and has a nice big tv, adaquete beds, and the bathroom is seperate from the sink/counter.
They have an elevator that works but needs to be replaced or fixed.
As for the Crappy Toilet: our hotel room was 311 and the toilet never worked properly: I tried to fix it and it would work for a few flushes then wouldn't work again. I called the hotel and they had maintenance come fix it (temporarily) but it would only work for a few flushes each time. I had it working for about 5 flushes after that but then it wouldn't work again. The front desk clerk told me on Monday that they had a room available for us but we would need to move in it right now and she couldn't guarantee another room for us....but I told her we couldn't move it in 'right now' since we we leaving and couldn't reschedule our appointment... so we ended up staying in our room #311
the hotel is close to several stores and fast food. yes I would recommend this hotel if they have everything working.

Room Tip: get a room that is in the front of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I don't know how anyone can rate this hotel more than one star! I stayed here because it was the weekend for moving into college and nothing else was available. I was charged $100 the first night, $75 the next. This hotel averages $45 per night. The room did not have coffee, the television was old, the pillows were flat and we changed rooms because of the horrible odor, questionable people were loitering in the hallways smoking cigarettes all night, and they lock down the lobby at night so that you have to go to a guarded window to talk to someone. The hallways were littered with cigarette butts everywhere. When I returned from an exhausting day of moving my son into college, there were questionable people starring me down in the parking lot. I was so scared, I checked out of the hotel my 3rd night, and checked into the Hampton Inn where I finally got a decent night sleep after two days of no sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!