“Not too good” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rohnert Park
San Jose, California, United States
“Not too good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Not the best of surroundings, didn't feel comfortable having my wife go to the restaurant next door. Bedroom smelt of horrible carpet refresher and bed was terrible, mattress needed replacing. Burns on bed cover. Moved to another room which was an improvement even though it had been smoked in.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good deal for the location and the cleanliness. Staff helpfull and free parking lot. Quick check in and easy accses to the rooms. I would recommend the 2nd floor to get off the noise. Wifi is not free unfortunately, $4,95/day

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

the hotel property is really nice, it has flowers, trees and bushes and a court yard that is close to the swimming pool. Their pool is nice but they have a hot tub that they indicated they are not going to fix.
The rooms are very good and has a nice big tv, adaquete beds, and the bathroom is seperate from the sink/counter.
They have an elevator that works but needs to be replaced or fixed.
As for the Crappy Toilet: our hotel room was 311 and the toilet never worked properly: I tried to fix it and it would work for a few flushes then wouldn't work again. I called the hotel and they had maintenance come fix it (temporarily) but it would only work for a few flushes each time. I had it working for about 5 flushes after that but then it wouldn't work again. The front desk clerk told me on Monday that they had a room available for us but we would need to move in it right now and she couldn't guarantee another room for us....but I told her we couldn't move it in 'right now' since we we leaving and couldn't reschedule our appointment... so we ended up staying in our room #311
the hotel is close to several stores and fast food. yes I would recommend this hotel if they have everything working.

Room Tip: get a room that is in the front of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I don't know how anyone can rate this hotel more than one star! I stayed here because it was the weekend for moving into college and nothing else was available. I was charged $100 the first night, $75 the next. This hotel averages $45 per night. The room did not have coffee, the television was old, the pillows were flat and we changed rooms because of the horrible odor, questionable people were loitering in the hallways smoking cigarettes all night, and they lock down the lobby at night so that you have to go to a guarded window to talk to someone. The hallways were littered with cigarette butts everywhere. When I returned from an exhausting day of moving my son into college, there were questionable people starring me down in the parking lot. I was so scared, I checked out of the hotel my 3rd night, and checked into the Hampton Inn where I finally got a decent night sleep after two days of no sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Rohnert Park hotels

California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice employee's and good location, but very old and run down rooms. Front door and bath room door had to be slammed to close, carpet was coming apart and the room and building is in desperate need of a remodel.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel until this is renovated
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My girlfriend, Amanda, and I found this place because we knew that we would need a place to rest our heads after flying and driving for over fourteen hours. The hotel was what we expected: a place to clean ourselves up and sleep for a few hours, nothing more. We checked in very late - around 1:00AM. Since it was after hours we had to check in through a tiny window because the lobby was locked. The woman that checked us in was very nice, otherwise our experience didn't come close to flattering us but again...we expected it. An immediate turn off was the fee for WiFi at check in. One of my biggest pet peeves is being nickel-and-dimed by my hotel and here it was...an extra charge for WiFi ($4.95 per day).

There are no elevators at the place - at least there weren't any by our room. I don't mind carrying luggage up a few flights of stairs, but this might be an issue for someone else (like Amanda!) When we entered our "non smoking" room we could smell smoke. It was obvious that the rooms weren't properly fumigated when they changed the smoking policy. As ex-smokers this didn't bother us, but it may bother someone else.

The room was very dated and in pretty rough shape. The dresser had scratches all over it and the carpet was stained and torn. The first thing we did when we walked in was remove the bedspread - most hotels do not wash their bedspreads regularly and we had a gut feeling that this place hadn't done so in the last decade. After my initial impression of the room, the bedspread wasn't going to touch us.

Overall we slept well, the shower worked, and 10 hours later we were happy to leave and be on our way. The place served it's purpose...it actually might have helped us get back on the road faster!

Room Tip: Fine for a quick overnight, nothing more.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay there frequently and its wonderful. Helpful staff. Management is great and attentive. They clean your room everyday. Nice place to stay. Nice areas for my kids to play in. The pool was recently redone and looks awesome!!! Rooms are bigger than your standard room it's nice!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!