“Christmas Vacation in the center of everything” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Rohnert Park
Yuba City, CA, USA
“Christmas Vacation in the center of everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

We wanted a quiet place near but not at major attractions over the Christmas Holidays. We stayed 5 nights and loved the hotel and had a wonderful time
. We walked the grounds and my granddaughter even roller skated the grounds. The rooms are spacious, beds super comfy and overall the hotel was very clean. The pool looked very clean. Really nice spacious lounging area too. Location is really great...peaceful and surroundings are relaxing. Not too far from the ocean and wineries. Beautiful country drive to Bodega Bay. We took a day to drive to Angel Island and San Francisco as well . The location is like the hub of a wheel with good highways to major attractions in all directions. We spent parts of two days visiting wineries within 12 miles. We also found a number of Geocaches in the area.
Also, the staff at the Doubletree was very friendly and polite. We will definitely return to this hotel. We all enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — Large rooms with great beds
  • Disliked — Internet was not free in your room... about 13 dollars a day for internet.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

580 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

I received an early checkin; had booked my hotel on hilton.com and prepaid, which ended up costing me less than $200 for two nights, including tax.

My room is lovely, huge. The staff is helpful, friendly and efficient. The room was extremely clean. The bed is comfortable; I would happily recommend it to anyone I know--and I stay in hotels more than 100 nights a year.

Yes, it is not really IN wine country, but there is something you can look at called a map or even mapquest and you can easily ascertain where the hotel is located. (Sorry, I am being sarcastic, but really I do not understand people who are enraged because they themselves did not do their homework.) It is close enough.

• Liked — comfort, staff
  • Disliked — liked everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

This hotel is one of the nicer DoubleTree Hotels. The Lobby is spacious and offers pleanty of lounge areas including a bar and a restaurant.

The hotel does NOT have an in-room safe!

The hotel does have a mini fridge in the room, bathrobes hanging in the closet, and a large updated bathroom.

Although this hotel is listed as being in the "Sonoma" region, it is about a 1/2 hour drive to Sonoma town centre. The hotel grounds are very pretty with a variety of flowering bushes and grass.

We did have the breakfast buffet...it was above average. There is a huge assortment of restaurants to select from...Mary's Pizzaria, iHop, In-N-Out Burger, Sizzler, ..to name a few. (Don't miss Mary's...it was delicious!!)

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

Never again will I stay here or recommend this place for those who are wine tasting the napa valley. We were cheated by the misrepresentation and false advertising online. It is not in Sonoma, no where near the wine county. It is literally located to the 101 north fwy near Petaluma in "sonoma county". The room was horrible, setting unpleasant, fitness room was terrible, the coffeemaker was not cleaned out and the list goes on. You get free internet only if you use your laptop in the lobby with some code same goes for printing. If you want to be in wine country do not confused with places that say we are in sonoma wine county. The people behind the desk did were not helpful or at least accommodating for giving us misleading information by phone. My favorite is they advertise Starbucks coffee but guess what it's some pot coffee in some dinky gift store. We were about an hour away from sonoma and an hour from Napa. Ice maker also did not work. Not up to the standards of double tree and not remotely close to downtown Sonoma

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the distance from the real wine country
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
hal25
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

My boyfriend live in Sonoma County, but wanted a little getaway, and due to a Priceline snafu in which two rooms from two separate places were booked, we decided to go over to the Doubletree. I was skeptical at first, with it being in Rohnert Park, which has to be my least favorite city in the county, but surprisingly, it was very nice.

The room was on the ground floor, and we had a sliding door that opened up to the pool area. The room was immaculate, bathroom was huge, overall, it was very quiet, and the bed and bed were fantastic.

Overall, this place got a thumbs up from us.

• Liked — The room, the bed
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

It's hard to know where to start with the Doubletree Sonoma Wine Country because the first impression driving up is quite pleasant with a large arched breezeway and Mediterranean feel. The grounds are well landscaped and kept nicely. The room was comfortable with a large bath but there were large red stains on the carpet & desk top. The internet charge of about $10 was annoying. We really enjoyed sitting out on the long common balcony overlooking the pool area but the downside of that was that when smokers came out on the balcony the smoke blew down our way. It was supposed to be a nonsmoking property ? The staff were mostly pleasant but when I called to get directions to the River Rock Casino I was given a phone number to a casino in Canada. I called the front desk back and could never get either directions nor a good phone number for this local attraction. That's when we paid the internet fee. We had vouchers for the continental breakfast but when we entered the restaurant we were told what we couldn't eat unless we paid about $9 each rather than showing us what we could have-- which was cold cereal, yogurt, breads and a bit of fruit. A waiter brings the beverages/coffee. So, it was a mostly pleasant 2 night stay with odd little quirks thrown in.

• Liked — The view of the pool was very pleasant.
  • Disliked — Uninformed staff and paying for internet.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
WIsconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

I just spent three nights here as part of a girlfriends' weekend. It is within easy driving distance of shopping, dining, wine sampling and more.

The hotel is lovely with many amenities such as a pool, hot tub, restaurant, wine bars here and there and conversation corners/seating areas scattered about. There is Web access in the lobby.

My room was large and comfortable, with a big wicker chair and a comfortable bed. My bathroom was huge! The only problem was I could not take a bubble bath, because I could not get the drain to open or close - it seemed frozen in open position. The hand-held shower mechanism was great for rinsing my hair.

There was a balcony, but no sliding glass door so I could never leave the door open (it was just a regular glass door with no screen). Also, two other rooms opened up off the balcony - a bit threatening for a woman traveling alone. My friends had different rooms and some had the same issue.

The restaurant is convenient, but overpriced with mediocre food. The wait staff, especially Benny and Thip, are very nice. I ended up bringing cheese and fruit in, as my room had a refrigerator (no microwave though).

The gift shop has a broad range of merchandise, including candy, Starbucks coffee, necessities, gifts and souvenirs. The clerk who was on Friday night and Sunday morning was very nice.

The one thing that stuck in my craw was that there were two $4 bottles of water in the room and the soda machine down the hall, which offered water for $1 a bottle, would not take my dollars. I think it was broken. I refused to use the $4 water.

The housekeeping staff was very efficient.

All in all, my stay was pleasant. The hotel is beautiful and its exterior is well cared for. There is a nearby strip mall with a beauty salon and convenience store and a couple of restaurants.

I'll be back!

• Liked — Coming inside to the roaring lobby fire on cold wine country nights!
  • Disliked — The food was just average and overpriced for what you got.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!