“Out in the Burbs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Rohnert Park
Highland, California
“Out in the Burbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I book this room, because I never stayed in Sonoma . The hotel is located on a golf course just about 1 mile of the highway. The rooms are a decent size, clean and nicely decorated.They do offer you warm cookies at check in and there is always chilled water in the lobby. This a pet friendly hotel and there is enough grassy areas to walk the dog. They had a spa/pool are wit a fitness center. All of these areas were closed, due to construction. I was really disappointed, because I was on a road trip and really looking forward to a workout followed by a soak in the jacuzzi. They have a restaurant on the premise, but we opted to eat at Japanese restaurant at a nearby strip mall. The positives points of this hotel are the rooms, lobby and the spa/fitness area. The negative points for my stay were this hotel is isolated, and the spa/fitness are were temporarily closed. Some of hotel staff were great and some were indifferent. This is good for someone traveling on business, because of Hilton's standards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve J, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear darlenelynn,

Thank you for your candid feedback.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your room and our lobby area.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience that our renovations caused you and hope you will have an opportunity in the near future to enjoy our pool and fitness center,

670 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

the extra and overs expensive, works going on in the hotel with no compensation, the pool was out of use! no cookie offered at arrival which was a shame because its are really good connection the room was great food good...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Shelly B,

It is very disappointing to hear that you were not welcomed with one of our famous doubletree cookies when you arrived at our property.

It is our goal to make sure that each guest is greeted in this way.

I would also like to apologize for our pool being out of order during your visit.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to make up for these challenges during your next trip to wine country.

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

One night stay on our Road trip, had stayed in Paso Robles the night before and under estimated the traffic through / around Oakland. Wanted to visit the Naked Wines Tasting Room (we are UK members) in Kenwood but due to traffic we pretty much missed the opening hours as we arrived at 1700 just as they were about to close, many thanks to Andrea who stayed open long enough for us to taste a couple of local wines and buy a couple of bottles from them.

Large hotel with gold course and grounds surrounding, we paid $170 for a one night room only stay with wifi and breakfast included.

Very nice lobby / bar area and the staff were friendly and efficient.in checking us in. Room was a good size and it was nice to have a desk and separate chair in which to relax.

Room Service and even Restaurant choices were a bit limited which was disappointing but the Bacchus Burgers we ordered were good.

The Breakfast buffet was decent without being overwhelming, had prepaid for breakfast and could have ordered off the menu or taken the buffet - I prefer the buffet option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AHWBeverley,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as a destination during your road trip.

We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and greatly appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience.

We hope to welcome you back on your next adventure.

Sacramento CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have never felt so unwelcome at a hotel. When I arrived I could not stop in front of the door to check in, because the hotel’s van was parked there. It was not unloading, it was stored there. It was there all night and still there in the morning, and was a huge hindrance to traffic at the front door. I also found that this large hotel has only 2 disabled parking spaces, and both were occupied. I had to park in a very distant parking lot. This hotel has unusually small parking spaces which makes it especially difficult for a disabled person to get out of a car. I hiked back in to the hotel, then I stood in a very long line and waited to check in. I spend a lot of time in hotels, and I have never waited this long to check in. There were only 2 desk clerks, and they were not in any hurry. When I finally was allowed to check in, the desk clerk instructed me to go back to my car and put a parking ticket in the window. I told her that I am disabled and parked far away due to the hotel’s inadequate disabled parking. She brightly stated “ok don’t worry about it”, without addressing the parking issue. So I wondered, why did she ask me to place a parking ticket in my car if I don’t need one? I worried about my car all night. Although I told the desk clerk that I am disabled, I was not offered any help with my luggage. This hotel has only one elevator, and it lurches and bounces in an alarming way. Most rooms are a very long walk from the front of the hotel, but mine was fairly close to the elevator. This hotel does not want disabled people to stay there. If you are disabled, or if you care about the fair treatment of disabled people, don’t stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try the nearby Hampton Inn, much better hotel for a lower price.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear SQ1845,

We truly apologize for the discomfort you experienced during your stay at our property.

It is of course our goal to ensure that every one of our guests feels welcome and comfortable during their visit.

We did previously park our shuttle in the front of the entrance in order to make it visible to guests so they know it is available for their use.

However we do not wish to cause any difficulty for our arriving guests and have therefore changed the location in which we park it.

The Doubletree by Hilton Sonoma Wine Country is also finishing up a major renovation that was done in order to make our location more ADA friendly.

Thank you for informing us of some areas of improvement for our hotel.

We hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you the wonderful service and accommodations we are known for.

Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed one night here on way from Seattle to L.A. We really enjoyed the property and the staff were so polite. The room was a nice size and very clean. Bathrooms are important since I have a wife and two girls. It was very clean and nice as well. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jonfo1969,

Thank you for your glowing review.

We are grateful for your business and look forward to hosting you again during your next vacation.

Shafer, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My twin sister and I stayed here a week in the beginning of September. What a great place to call home! The rooms are nice and the staff is awesome! Especially the guys on the night shift and Addie down in the restaurant for breakfast! The outside square was so much fun! We got a glass of wine from the bar, sat outside on the comfy couches and had a mesmerizing fire to watch! They set the fire all up! It is centrally located to all the attractions, wineries, and the coast! Snuggle in for a good nights sleep!

Room Tip: Get an inside room overlooking the courtyard...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Steve J, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Diane H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
We’re so glad to hear that your sister and yourself enjoyed your time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you “home” in the near future.

Roseland, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I spent one night at this hotel last week (even though we had 4 nights booked), I had to leave due to construction being done at the hotel. I cannot tell you how fantastic the customer service was during a very difficult situation. I will not go into detail ; but I must commend their Manager, Ian, for his true professionalism. (He knows what I'm talking about). Doubletree is very fortunate to have such an outstanding employee. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will gladly go back next time I am in the area. All of the employees were outstanding; but Ian went above and beyond and I thank him for that! Shout out to Renee and thes rest of the front desk staff also.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear doliveira9284,

Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback regarding your stay with us
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that our construction caused you, but are very glad to hear that the situation was resolved to your satisfaction.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Steve Jung

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!