“My only real complaint are the beds!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“My only real complaint are the beds!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We come to Rohnert Park a lot be cause our son is going to school nearby and this is generally a nice hotel. It's pretty and most of the people at the reception desk are pleasant. We've been staying here for about 3 years, several times a year, and the beds have gradually gotten more and more uncomfortable! This last time, my husband and I both had to take Advil each morning because we were so sore after trying to sleep in these rock hard beds. Our teenager even complained about it and ended up sleeping at our son's house on the couch the next night! This is too bad because it's such a great location for us but they REALLY need to get new beds in this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
santa Rosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

If you have a lot of it,then Doubletree is for you Bacchus Rest, is exceptionable, the Wait Staff, well, could be your buddies.Had the House Special that night, awesome, Partner had seafood, yum! Like fresh out of the ocean! When we first walked in , the hostess brought me 2 fresh roses, for no reason! Than graciouslly seated us to order , Except for the price, was good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel was located close to wine country. The hotel staff was nice and helpful. Restaurant food was delicious. Have stayed here several times in the last 10 years and have have a great experience. Sometimes have booked through travel websites and gotten a great deal.

Room Tip: When booking with travel site be sure and call 48 hours ahead of time to make sure they have your re...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have stayed here three times so far this year, twice in Feb, and this most recent stay. I travel with my dog, and I like many things about this hotel for traveling with a dog. All the dog rooms are on the first floor and have a sliding door. Until my most recent stay I have always been on the exterior. It is quiet and I can take my dog out the slider and go for a walk. This time I had a room facing the courtyard. It was very dark, very noisy (people walking by talking loudly, parties by the pool) and the slider just opened onto a metal fence - you could not exit the room through the slider.
My stays are always multiple days. This time when we returned to the room the first day, about 2:30PM, it had not been serviced yet.
On all my previous stays the front desk staff has called to see how I like the room, and ask if I need anything. No so this time. Maybe they knew they wouldn't like the answer.

Things I look for when traveling with my dog (which is 95% of the time):

The rooms are fairly large - check (although this one was smaller)
Have a fridge with a freezer compartment - check (mini-fridge)
Thick towels (For me, not the dog) - check
Lots of parking near the rooms (or luggage carts readily available) - check
Free high-speed Internet - There is a charge for Internet :-(
Places near-by to walk/potty my dog - check (lots of grassy areas complete with poop bag stations)
Able to keep the room cool to cold - check (slider door opens for fresh air, HVAC controls)
Non-smoking rooms that don't smell of smoke - check

And fresh cookies!

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed here for a few days as part of our trip to experience the vineyards and wineries of Sonoma County. The venue is pretty large, and our room was above average size. I have no issues with the hotel facilities, however Rohnert Park is kind of in the middle of nowhere. To call the hotel Sonoma Wine Country I felt was a little misleading.

We did go and have a great day in Healdsburg which was around a 40 minute drive away but it would have been nicer to be nearer so we didn't need the car and so we could take full advantage of the local produce!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Leesburg VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Hotel was very clean..ultimately what matters most to all of us. The "little things" didn't happen here...dirty washcloths left in tub for days, room service beverage glasses left in the room for days, missing robes and papers (HHonors benefits), no stationary pads, coffee pot not cleaned from day to day...it was not enough to complain about, but clearly, not what you expect with this brand...this one does appear to be slipping.

**NOTE*** major road construction here off of 101, a pain in the butt during rush hour....avoid if you don't like this kind of thing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I like this place, it's not a world class facility, but it's clean, comfortable and the staff accommodating. Each time I have stayed ive slept like a baby, except this trip unfortunately some other guests are rude and disrespectful of others. Hotel staffs fault? No. Just other people are low class. I will stay again, and will recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!