“A good hotel. Central, but not close to anything.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi Package
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Atlanta, Georgia
“A good hotel. Central, but not close to anything.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This is a very good hotel, but in an uneventful location. Don’t get me wrong; it’s pretty central, but not close to anything. The rooms are spacious and clean. We didn’t use the pool or exercise room, but my wife did log a seven mile run from the hotel and felt safe during the run.

Some notes: Like all Doubletrees, they offer fresh cookies. My wife loves these cookies. The hotel is clean, and the room is nice. The room needs a safe, though. I was very thankful for the on screen programming choices on the TV. The Le Meridien we stayed in afterwards had the same remote, but did not offer this simple, convenient TV service. Also, (this is a little painful) I needed to show the hotel restaurant’s waiter how to use a two stage wine key. I’m a Maine boy, now living in GA, and I had to show a Sonoma Valley waiter how to properly use his wine key? – something is wrong here.

Oh, yeah…, please change out the toilets for something with a longer bowl. My word, I have never felt cramped on a toilet before – until now! Ick!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011 via mobile

I was worried about my stay after i read reviews but quite happy with my stay. The reception stafff were so warm and accommodating.overall, the hotel could use a little TLC but it is very clean, the pool area is great as is the gym. As far as the location of the hotel is concerned, you should expect to drive a bit if you plan on visiting wineries so don't be discouraged by critics of hotel's location.it only took us 20 minutes to reach winery region so don't fret about this. Breakfast was terrific. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We were a group of 6 travelling to Sonoma for one day with an overnight stay on Aug. 30/31. This hotel is great. It is very large, has a nice, big pool and hot tub, welcome cookies on arrival (always much appreciated) and a small but adequate gym. Rooms are spacious and clean and the beds are comfortable. The Wolfgang Puck coffee makers truly brewed the best coffee I’ve ever had in a hotel room. Great bonus! The front desk staff was courteous and helpful in a situation where one of us locked their luggage in their room. The issue was quickly resolved and this was very much appreciated. The only real issue I see with the hotel is its location. Being located in Rohnert Park, it was a bit far from the main points of interest such as vineyards, tours, shops, etc. so do your reasearch well before you book. Other than that, it was great and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to get away and relax.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Did not expect much from a standard chain of hotels, the rooms were reasonable, beds were not very comfortable. The pool area was ok with a hot tub – nice in the late evening to relax and wind down. Overall not a hotel which exceeds any expectations – just ok

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

The hotel offers the standard "chain" fare. It's clean, tidy and the staff are welcoming. When arriving the hotel foyer is absolutely huge when compared with the hotels we get back in Europe.

Not sure if previous reviewers have had older rooms in the hotel, but the one we had was absolutely fine - clean, tidy and modern (more than can be said for some of the other motels/hotels we've stayed at on this trip!).

The restaurant looked pretty dull/uninspiring both in terms of atmosphere and food choices. We headed out on foot and found a chain place within five minutes walk of the hotel which was busier, had more interest and better value food.

Would we stay here again - definitely.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

This hotel was booked for us by a travel agent who told us it was in Sonoma, so we were surprised to find that it's 45 mins drive from Sonoma. I know I can't blame the hotel for this, but it did affect our overall experience. There's nothing wrong with the hotel, but it's not great either.The room is a typical Doubletree room, bland, anonymous, nothing good or bad to say about that. Good bed. Clean room.

Staff could really do a better job of communicating all the facilities, they have. I didn't realise that they had a pool until now checking the reviews of TA, so that's really annoying, We weren't told when checking in and I couldn't find any information on hotel facilities in the room, I looked through everything, because we spent the afternoon there - so we assumed that they didn't have a pool, spa, tennis courts etc. We were really tired from a long drive, so I may have overlooked something. I just wished that the girl who checked us had mentioned it.

Normally, I do a lot of research on the hotels prior to a trip, however this was a long trip involving more than 10 different hotels, so I didn't have time to research all of them.

We didn't want to drive all the way back and forth for a dinner in Sonoma and ended up driving to Petaluma, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Petaluma was lovely! After a bit of research on the internet (which I paid for, not know I could get free wireless in the lobby), we found a fantastic restaurant on the main street called Central Market. We had one of the best meals of our entire trip here, we absolutely loved this restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kendalia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We got a great deal on this hotel on expedia and since we'd never been to this part of the world and my husband had vineyard business in nearby Kenwood we decided to stay here. The rooms were really lovely and spacious. The grounds and pool area were beautiful and large and the parking was easy and close. Check in was a breeze and all the people working as this location were outstanding and helpful. We were given a terrific room with a patio and two chairs and table. The new beds are by far the best I have ever slept on including my own select comfort. They are still renovating and the doors are dated on all the rooms. I highly recommend including breakfast with your room. The service is outstanding and the food is to die for. We literally grazed every morning. The lobby is large yet cozy with several fireplaces and great place for groups traveling together to read or drink a glass of wine. You will need a car to get to the tasting rooms but getting to any direction was quick and easy. They have an airport shuttle and there are car services for touring.Great place for a novice. Everything in this area is pricey so this was the best value we found.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear geese in the middle of the night keep your sliding door closed