“Shabby, dark, and unkempt” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Roseville Galleria

You added Inn at Roseville Galleria to your Saves list
Inn at Roseville Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6830 Five Star Blvd, Rocklin, CA 95677 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Maryland, USA
“Shabby, dark, and unkempt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel is sorely in need of renovation. My room is shabby, furniture is broken, there is a smell like a cigar, and the bed should have been thrown out long ago. In short, not quite a dump, but well on its way there. The room is not a suite by any definition - it is an average size single room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
anaheim
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel, and that was one night too many. The room took us back to the early 1980's, with gold and brown hue tones. The light fixtures were outdated and left the room feeling dark. I was amazed that there was a phone in the bathroom! Good to know a phone is handy if I needed to call someone while sitting on the toilet! The shower pressure was minimal and I ended up running the water out of the spicket and getting on my knees to rinse my hair. After dark, we heard a lot of activity outside, only to look out and see sketchy men standing around outside. Not sure if the parking lot was used for other purposes or what was going on out there, but it finally quieted down after midnight. The breakfast was skimpy-pastries mostly and the room was small. No worries though, not many people there in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can look out and see your vehicle
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I left my battery charger and battery for my camera. I called the hotel after i got back to Texas. My expectation wasn't too high but they found them and am sending me thru USPS priority w/ just $5 charge!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Menlo Park, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

You stay in Rocklin because you have something to do in the area, not because you're a tourist. And you stay at the Comfort Suites because you're looking for a little extra room.

Shop carefully, if the room description says it has a partial wall separator from the "living room" that means a standard size hotel room with a short wall between the bed and the pull-out couch....not REALLY a suite.

The hotel is in need of refurb...the carpets are a tad stained, the furnishings are a little worn. On the up side: you get a microwave and a refrigerator in your room and breakfast is included (though we didn't partake as we had other plans).

I felt the price/performance basis was a little off: you're paying a bit more than you should for what you get. And there are other alternatives nearby, so do a little research.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

This hotel was very nice and clean. It is close to the freeway and places to eat. The only negative is I booked on line for a family of 4. I was given an option for 4 people to have two double beds or a king with a pull out bed from the couch. The pull out bed turned out to be a twin bed, so one child had to sleep with us in the king bed. It would have been nice if the website had stated the size of the pull out bed.

• Liked — Close to freeway and places to eat
  • Disliked — Options provided when decided type of room. Pull out bed was a twin size...not expected and not noted in description
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2006

At first glance this place looks okay, but after spending 2 nights there, I can say it's shabby and ill-kept. The staff was courteous and friendly, but that can't quite overcome the peeling paint and wallpaper, funky smells and things that just don't quite work like they're supposed to without some coaxing. The "suite" is not a suite by anyone's imagination but a standard room with a divider bet. the small couch and the bed. A much better value can be had down the road at the Days Inn or the Heritage Inn, both in Rocklin also.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Funky smalls, claims that they have "suites"
  • Tips/Secrets — Look at bit further eat on I-80 in Rocklin for better values
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

We made the mistake of recommending Comfort Suites for all of our out-of-town guests that came into town for our wedding in May of '06. Even though the Manager and her staff were very nice over the phone and were organized with the guest list, once I saw "their best room" that was reserved for my new Husband and I after the ceremony, I was very embarrassed to have my guests staying there. It looked very old and run down. The bed was very uncomfortable, the bed spread was itchy, smelled/looked dirty, and the bathroom had mildew damage on the wall underneath the wall paper that was pealing off. If the jacuzzi suite was this shabby, I could not imagine what the standard room might be like. I made the mistake of not going to see the property myself before I make reservations for our guests. Even with the discount that Comfort Suites gave any guest of ours staying with them, I know that my guests paid to much!

Stayed May 2006

Been to Inn at Roseville Galleria? Share your experiences!