“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Rocklin
Rocklin
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Large welcoming lobby where complimentary breakfast is served daily: cold cereals, bagels, muffins, pastries, fresh fruit, waffle makers, scrambled eggs and sausage. The place is clean, comfortable and quiet with spacious rooms. It seems well built. It was rare to hear the people above us or people in the hall.

Every room has a microwave and mini-fridge. Some rooms have safes. We had two styles of room: one had a floor-to-ceiling wall between the beds that extended about three feet. This was great because I could have my light on to read in bed without disturbing my kids in the other bed. Room decor is a bit dated, with an 80's rose-coloring going on, but not terrible. Flat screen TVs with lots of channels and all the HBO channels. Table and chair. I read a review about someone's jacuzzi tub not working, but both our rooms had standard tubs with shower.

There was a notable difference between pet rooms and non pet rooms:

The non-pet room we stayed in had 2 super comfy plush queen beds, fluffy duvets. Bath towels are nice and plush; hand towels and washcloths were thin--much lower quality. This room also had an armchair with ottoman.

The pet room was a severe downturn. One mattress was super firm and the other was a standard Serta--nothing like the mattresses in the non-pet room. No duvet either, blankets and bedspreads--one with a cigarette hole and a tear. Our room had no armchair, but they were happy to bring one in for us. Less plush room was fairly disappointing after our first room. Still a comfortable stay. Also, there were pee marks on rug (that still smelled) when we checked into the room.

Pool is on the small size, but clean. No hot tub. Nice fitness room on 2nd floor.

Most of the staff is fantastic. One had an attitude, but apparently it's known and they are handling it. Housekeeping staff is so thorough. A very different experience than the Heritage next door where things are on the grungy side everywhere.

We left the Heritage to stay here and it was like heaven to stay at this Howard Johnson compared to that place. I've seen both hotels listed as 2-star venues, but this one is infinitely better than the Heritage Inn. With two people or more, the hot breakfast alone makes up the small price difference.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The staff at this hotel was over the top fantastic on each and every shift. The team leader Suzy should have a job for life! Everyone that works at the hotel was warm, caring, and treated me like family. I felt safe and confortable in what could have been a VERY bad situation. I was not only given HONEST suggestions on where to have my nails done, best message I have ever had ,a great pizza, local attractions and fantastic shopping, but also maps. On one occasion I did make a wrong turn on the interstate and got very lost, was scarred and was crying. I called the hotel and a very calming voice got me back on track and "home" safe to my hotel.
This hotel is being redecorated. There are areas that do need much work.
There is a really nice gym that I used daily, that was kept very clean. A nice pool and hot tub area that was clean but does need some repair work. The complimentary breakfast was more that I expected with fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, 24 hr hot coffee and tea.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Rocklin? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Rocklin

Address: 4420 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA 95677
Location: United States > California > Rocklin
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Rocklin
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Rocklin 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Rocklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson o`Cairns Hotel Rocklin
Howard Johnson Rocklin
Rocklin Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Rocklin, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.