“Great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
“Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

After several nights staying in various motels while travelling around California this place was a welcome surprise.

For the price it is great, the rooms are large, clean and quiet. The staff on the front desk were friendly and well organised and the free wifi and breakfast add to the value.

Haven't had problems with the hot water that was mentioned by another reviewer and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel is a bit dated, but everything else was just great! The price was the best around the area for a well rated hotel, the guest service was wonderful, from the check-in to check-out. AndWe would definitely stay here again, and would recommend this hotel to others. If you're looking for chic and trendy, this is not the place for you, but if you want a nice place at a great price, look no further!

Room Tip: We stayed in a non-smoking, accessible room on the first floor and heard little if any noise, and th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Great value!" Wife & I stayed overnight during short family get-together in Rocklin wkend of 31 March, and this "HoJo" was perfect staging ground for us. Clean, nice place; especially friendly & well-managed Desk; all-in-all, good price for what they offer. Just couple of minutes off I-80.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Orford, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I booked a week here and read all the reviews afterward. Since I had booked a non-refundable rate, I was concerned after reading some of the reviews. But I am glad I kept an open mind. I was there Feb 27 - Mar 2, 2012. The staff was polite, able to give me directions to the assorted places I needed to go and seemed genuinely glad to provide any assistance I required. The housekeeping staff were quiet, fast and professional. I would stay here again and recommend to anyone who needs a good place to stay for a few days or overnight. I did not sleep as well as I would have liked, but that was not the fault of the establishment. I am not used to having a king sized bed to myself and kept waking up trying to find the cat, dog and husband who were still at home. A good place to stay...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Redding, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I have been in town for business for 3 weeks and I think this place is great. The staff is very nice, the lady who makes breakfast is wonderful. The beds are soft enough and even though the tvs are tubed tvs they are large and work fine. They have accomodated me for several things including moving me into a handicaped room on a moments notice. It is very clean, and not loud at all. I would highly recommend it to anyone except people looking to party, that they do not put up with. They no long rent dvd players so unfortunally you would have to bring your portable or your own. And there is only one set of washer/dryer but those are my only complaints. And even with a hot made to order omlet breakfast the rates are still some of the lowest in town I am impressed.

Room Tip: You will want to bring your own dvd player as they do not rent them anylonger. The wireless signal i...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I needed a getaway place to go to. I spent a week leading up to Christmas & then a week later spent New Years Eve here. All staff members were polite & courteous. Full free breakfast included with stay every morning. We each needed extra pillows to sleep with, no problem, they were brought up immediately. Lots of parking. Laundry room on the floor. They could have used a bigger room with more washers/dryers because when hotel is full & there is only one of each, it's hard to do laundry when you are waiting in line for hours. But the service outweighs the laundry room. We also had microwave, refrigerator. I am a Wyndham Hotel member but I don't think the staff was friendly because of that. We didn't use the pool as it was way too cold for a swim. I have recommended this place to everyone I know who visits Sacramento area. Excellent staff, best stay for the holidays. Plus we got a great holiday price for a week.

Room Tip: We stayed on different sides. I don't think it matters which room. We prefer handicapped, becaus...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Zephyr Cove, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on December 30, 2011. We had a party to attend in Loomis, CA. We were expecting bare bone accommodations, so we were pleasantly surprised. The room was basic, but very clean and very large with a separate sitting area with a love seat.

The hotel is located right off the freeway, but our room was very quiet. It is conveniently located to restaurants, a grocery store and several fast food places.

If you're looking for a clean and safe place to stay, we would recommend it. We didn't experience any of the hot water issues like other reviewers. Our non-smoking room on the ground floor was great, even though the decor and bathroom is a bit dated (but very easy on the wallet). Everything worked as it should. We travel with our own sleeping pillows, so we weren't bothered by the flat ones provided.

The free breakfast was an added bonus.

Since I'm an animal lover, it was fun to see plump wild rabbits lounging on the grass surrounding the hotel.

We plan to return when we are in the area again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Sacramento Days Inn Rocklin
Rocklin Park Hotel
#6 of 6 in Rocklin
3.0 of 5 stars 73 reviews
Homewood Suites Sacramento Roseville

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Rocklin? Share your experiences!