“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on August 22nd, 2011, and were very satisfied with our stay. The room was dead quiet and could be made very dark--just what we needed after a day of driving. The building would benefit from renovations, but our room and the common areas were all clean and functional, if a little dated. Breakfast was included, and was very good. I had an omelet made to order! While it isn't the most beautiful, lavish resort, I found it to be a very comfortable, clean, restful hotel. It's surprisingly nice for the reasonable price of a stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Amazing service, clean, great conditioner, and omelets made by a chef every morning

Room Tip: Just ask, or Priceline.com
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Parker, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

This is the worse place I have been... to start out our stay:
My daughter just had surgery, we were there to help her. We are from CO and she is in the military. She got sick and leaned over the trash can outside the door and on top of the trash was a crack pipe. Should have left then, but was not aware of this till later. Then we go in and they send us to the 3rd floor... the smoking floor. We do not smoke... it was hanging everwhere. My husband went to the desk to to complain and they said we thought we would try to get that by you, but I guess it didnt work???? Did we ask for smoking NO>>>>I have cancer and and a sick daughter, what is this. When then go to the second floor... the bathrooms are full of mold some covered with paint others parts are just showing on the floor and the ceiling... the floors are so sticky, I would have to wear my shoes in there. My daughter was sicker , the air who knows what was blowing out those things. I really think this place needs to be inspected... of course my husband used one of those price line deals so we were there or loose our money... well we lost our money. Come to find out it was not sure a good deal on price line either, just the normal price. Please save your money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Lombard, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

The Motel is getting a little old but it still was very nice and clean. My wife and I were on the second floor and our room was clean and very large with 2 Queen beds. The staff was fantastic. The air conditioner kept turning off and when we called the front desk the repairman was at our room within 15 minutes and had it fixed. Kelly the breakfast cook makes the most fantastic egg omelets and waffles. Toast, Bagels, Rolls, cold cereals, tea, milk, apples, oranges, and the best coffee we tasted while on vacation. The staff did a great job cleaning, making the beds, and the bathroom was very clean and neat. There are restaurants, drug stores, grocery store, and many fast food places very close, and its also right near the on & off ramps of the expressway but yet very quite. We highly recommend this Motel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
UATH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

The hotel is in need of some repairs. Carpet in hallway is ripping up. We could smell some chemicals in the hallway, like they were laying tile or something in the building. When we came into our room it smelled differently. I don't know if it was pet smell or musty. After I opened up the windows it cleared up. The couch and chair in the room is torn and dirty. I wore white socks to lounge in and in an hour they were black. The sheets didn't have that bleached clean smell, but the sheets were clean. The set up for the room is really nice. There is a fridge and microwave and small table in the room. Soda/water/candy vending machine on main floor. Breakfast was nice. On staff person makes waffle and omelets, there are bagels, cold cereal and fruit. We were there on Memorial weekend and they ran out of cold cereal for the kids. There is a room for adults to eat with a sign that indicates no one under 18. Sometimes kids were asked to leave and sometime not. I couldn't tell why. Kids enjoyed the swimming pool. Close to fast food, they do have room service. Right off freeway. Room was quiet. we slept well. Had internet in the rooms. With the value of the breakfast it was reasonable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

This was a very horrible experience. Tried to get away for a week just to regret it. The service is terrible, the workers are rude and there is really nothing more to say. Waist your money if you want,...I know I wont be back. The best thing about this place is the lady that makes your waffles in the morning...shes like the only sweet one...too bad she cant be a manager and fire those getto workers!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Ventura, Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

This HoJo motel always provides good value. We have averaged 2-3 stays there over the past 6 or 7 years and always were satisfied with the accommodations and service provided relative to the lodging cost which is usually in the range of $75.
The motel has an excellent hot breakfast with eggs or omelets cooked to order and waffles. In the evening they have a happy hour which runs for several hours and offers complimentary wine, beer, and soft drinks.
Rooms are satisfactory and clean and we have been upgraded to a suite several times.
They are within walking distance of a number of fast food places and several restaurants. Also very close to the freeway entrance.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Rocklin? Share your experiences!