“chill after the casino” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Rocklin
san francisco
“chill after the casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Okay I don't know know why someone would spend their wedding night here but for our purposes, relaxing after a day of casino, it was heaven. The staff were courteous, spacious clean room and bath, and the hot tub under the moon was sweet, nice low level yacht rock music piped in to set the mood. Imagine "It's the Right time of the Night For Making Love..." You know the song.
This is not a hip mod place, nor is it expensive. It's quiet and they give you a decent selection of teas at the very simple continental breakfast. I almost took off a star cause there's no hard boiled eggs next to the oatmeal, but hey the recession is real, we all have to make ends meet. If you need a place to stay this place will run about $70 a night through hotel.com.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arcata, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Took my baskteball team to Rocklin for an AAU Basketball tournament and we all stayed here. Really nice rooms for the price. The rooms were large nice bathroom and such. The place is removed from anywhere else although it is a short drive. Restaurant and Bar at the hotel is closed and it doesn't appear to open anytime soon. Breakfast was poor and instant coffee.

• Stayed August 2009
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

I stayed at the Rocklin Park Hotel in Rocklin early January and about 1 week after checking out I noted that they recharged me for 4 (four) separate $6 charges, two seperate but identical charges on the 6th and two seperate but identical on the 8th, all 4 charges were for the same amount ($6) an OBVIOUS billing error and so returned to the hotel to get a correction and brought my documentation. Talking to the accounting person (was told that she was the only one to fix it) and thinking this was a easy fix, She told that it was likely a credit card problem and that she had only charged me once for the water they forgot to bill me after checkout. She offered no investigation and basically pushed it back as my problem to talk to my card company. I travel 3 months a year internationally and have never encountered such an 'it's your problem' reply from a senior hotel representative! This hotel billing error has cost me 3 hours of my time so far to attempt a correction. (My company travel report system is not friendly to these type errors as they view them as 'red flag' items).

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

I picked Rocklin Park Hotel to stay on our Wedding night as it was a quick drive from Auburn and right off the freeway and my brother stay there 6 years earlier for his wedding night and LOVED it. After a long, great night at our wedding, we were tired and ready to enjoy our first night as husband and wife. Standing at the front desk in my wedding dress, we were completely ignored by the woman on the phone. She was on a personal call, and didn't even acknowledge us. This went on for a few minutes before I actually had to reach over the counter and phyiscally hang up the phone. She said that she was on the phone with her manager, I politely explained that I didn't care and her manager should understand that customers come first, especially when they are standing in front of you in a wedding dress and tux.
The bed was super hard, but otherwise the room was nice. The expericence with the front staff was impossible to get over and will NEVER BE BACK.

• Liked — hot tub in the room
  • Disliked — front desk service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seal Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

Freeway access good however was upset to find out the retaurant had closed and was not told about this since it showed on their web site. Being single did not want to go out at night for a dinner prefer something you can walk across to and they do not have this. The grounds are pretty little walking pathand putting green and seen a family of wild turkeys every morning, that was nice. The pool and jacuzzi looked nice but did not use it. The desk people seemed stressed and not to eager to help. First room was a double bed and looked old and worn out had dirty rugs, changed to a king upstairs and it was better bed was comfy.
TV terrible lots of static and very few chanels 1 HBO movie channel no pay per view or anything. Did get a massage at the Spa and they were very nice and had a nice place and the massage was good also.
FYI>>> there is a very nice HILTON GARDEN INN just a few miles (just minutes only) down the road towards Sacramento way in Roseville. My son lives in Rocklin now however next time I go to Rocklin I will stay at the Hilton Garden Inn I did see this one inside on my last visit when my son lived in Roseville at the time and it was very nice with a TAHOE JOES restaurant in the parking lot also. Better location too. I just did not realize it was so close when I made this reservation.

• Liked — the balcony off the room and the nature in the back of the hotel
  • Disliked — no restaurant as advertised carpets need cleaned poor TV selections
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

The property makes grand claims, including its affiliation with the Luxe hotel brands. Just checking out its website... The embellished descriptions and artfully-cropped photos make it seem so luxurious.

"Walking trails?" --Picture a small circular dog run, an old fountain that doesn't work, and a some wilted flowers in desperate need of some TLC. If a tenth of a mile is your idea of a walking trail, this is your mecca.

The pool/hot tub is tiny, right next to the lobby building, so everyone walks by it. There is a coded lock on the pool fence door and I was not given the code when I checked in. By the time I'd seen the lock on the fence, it was close to sun down anyways, and guess what, the pool is then officially closed, which is ridiculous.

Yes, you get some robes and some nice soap in the room, but then again, aren't most hotel chains offering higher-quality toiletries these days?

The Zinfandel Grill reminded me of a 1980's ski lodge. I did not eat there so I can not vouch for the food, but it wasn't a very enticing atmosphere, very bright and open, lodge-style space.

Spa was tiny, right off the lobby. Nowhere to lay about and relax, no views, just a couple of small rooms for treatments.

Nice-enough rooms overall, but it is not the luxury destination it is made out to be.

No fault of the hotel's, but the town of Rocklin could be Anytown, Suburbia, USA. One big mess of freeways, chain restaurants, shopping malls and office parks. There will be no strolling down the road to discover that cute little restaurant or shop. The "boutique" aura of the Rocklin Park begins and ends here, which is possibly why they think they have bragging rights. I, however, was underwhelmed.

• Liked — Clean Room
  • Disliked — Lame "walking trails", pool, hot tub, grounds in general
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

I've been complaining about the poor selections of hotels in Rocklin, CA. We have family in Rocklin so we need to stay in a hotel when there. And we've had nothing but poorly made hotels with thin walls and lack of customer service. FINALLY we find a Rocklin hotel that we not only liked but was far superior to any of the other hotels in the area. You don't hear doors slamming all night and early morning. You get good service and nice, clean rooms with the right amenities. It's child-friendly and simply put - we liked being there.

We highly recommend, if you are going to Rocklin, CA - don't stay anywhere else.

• Liked — Clean, solid hotel, convenient
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!