“Disappointed traveler” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Sacramento, California
“Disappointed traveler”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel looks good from the outside but they are not keeping up the interior. Out whole 3 day stay the 2nd building common space air conditioner was not working, not good with over 100 degree weather. The bed spreads had rips in the material, our friends shower broke, this is just some examples of our disappointment.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clovis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were trying to find a hotel at the last minute so I just reviewed pictures and booked it. The hotel is NOT updated as the pictures make it look. Halls are like a ghost town, dirty, smells awful, carpet bubbling up, beds old, mosquito pool in back outside for 5 seconds and you get eaten alive. Worst hotel stay in a long time!

Stayed June 2014
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Short and sweet.....
- Room smelled, had ants CRAWLING on the nightstands, 4 towels in the bathroom...
- Drapes tattered and falling apart from sun damage.
- Carpet buckling and dirty.
- Door to patio BROKEN and JAMMED...in case of emergency, break window ? Major code
VIOLATION !
- Sheets, pillows(?) and bed in general...suffice it to say....no sleep.

The place is horrible....had we not been tired, we'd have driven back to San Francisco....
How this hotel continues to operate is beyond me...

I've stayed in some interesting hotels...this one takes the cake....NEVER AGAIN !!! Looks nice on the outside, but once you're in....EEEEEEEEEEK !!

Read the reviews before you go...we didn't and are out $100+...GOOD LESSON !!

Room Tip: Chose another hotel....OR PITCH a tent next to the freeway !!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had to stay one night on business and I should have done my research better. the place was empty.
worn and tired, the furniture was scuffed up and the sheets had these little 'pills' on them that cheap fabric gets when it's washed too much.
the window to my room wouldnt close, so the front desk guy moved me to another room.

wi fi was non existent

breakfast was limited to pre-fab food on paper plates.

It must have been nice once sometime in the 90's when the whole "Italian Alps" theme of burgundy and silver was in style, but it hasnt been touched since.

I read that it was for sale or was going to be converted into a senior care facility.

Sad.

Room Tip: avoid. there are other options in the area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

dont know where to start ...i guess i should have read the reviews before booking this Motel..I wish i could give these guys NEGATIVE RATING !! .. there is complete chaos at this Motel...rooms are outdated ..TV is a TUBE TV from the 80`s !! the staff said this used to be the best place in sacramento area and i would believe that if i was here 10 years ago ...NOT ANYMORE ..Beds are old and sheets are all wrinkled and when asked the staff said they do their own laundry so even if they change our sheets its going to be the same ! ( you can not even afford a laundry company ?? ) oh and that is not all..the front desk is responsible for the laundry...even folding !!

oh and i had the same experience with the DIRTY TOWELS :(:(:(..when we went to the front desk to ask for cleaner towels we were told that is all they have unfortunately... All the hotels in the area were sold out so i was stuck here but i donot want this to happen to anyone else so DONOT STAY HERE ON WEEKENDS as that is when their worst side shows ! they are on a downhill road and its going to take a miracle to bring this place up

by the way the outside jacuzzi is still not fixed and they still say it broke yesterday..LOL

oh when i asked for a discount next day morning i was told that their corporate office will decide if i can get any. when i demanded to talk to a manager they said unfortunately she doesnot have the authority to refund

the breakfast was the only good part of the entire experience !

Room Tip: spend your hard earned money some place better
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

WORST HOTEL STAY OVER !!

I wish i was not so tired that morning i would have taken pictures of the dirty towels they had in our rooms !! they had black stains on one and red on the other and they expected us to use that..luckily there was a walmart close by and so we went and bought or own towels from there. we were in a room with 2 beds and we were a family of 4 and we had just 2 towels !! when we went to the lobby to ask for more we were handed 2 more dirty towels.When i demanded clean towels the helpless employee said that is all they have got ..I paid $105& tax for that room to get dirty towels ???

i overheard another guest complaining about the same and the employee had nothing in their defense.It seems whoever owns this place does not care about customer service or has never been behind the front desk to face the angry customers . he left his minimum wage employees to handle the situations ! the hot tub is broken indefinitely and when asked when it will be fixed they smiled briefly !! which tells me no time soon

I talked to a manager the next day with my concerns and demanded my refund but they were too busy that day ( they claimed they were sold out and so were all the hotels in the area ) so they took my information ..wonder if thats also going to trash ..just like the property is going to trash

there was weed all over the parking lot and the garden at the back which means they donot want to spend money on landscaping. I am a partner in a landscaping business and so i asked how many times a week they get landscaping done to which the guy said well umm the maintenance guy is the landscaper so whenever he has the time !! WOW !!!! not even a full time/part time landscaper !! this says a lot about the owners of this place ( i am dead sure this is not an american owner if you know what i mean )
(this property has great potential if it was given to good caring hands

oh the TV !!! when was the last time you saw a TUBE TV ?? i just did during my stay at this place..that too a mere 25 inch or so...they claim the receivers are HD and they are planning to buy new flatscreens but looking at the way they run this place my best guess is next 5 years

SO YES IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THIS WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE PLEASE BE READY TO BUY NEW TOWELS OR CARRY YOUR OWN FROM HOME WHILE WATCHING A TUBE TV SITTING IN A COLD JACUZZI PLEASE VISIT ROCKLIN PARK DURING YOUR NEXT VISIT !!

Room Tip: i wish i had some tip for everyone staying here..please stay somewhere else !
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Called 2 weeks in advance and asked for a handicap room, was told that there is only one with a king bed, needed two beds as I was staying with my family for a Relay for Life event and we did not want to stay in separate rooms, wanted to 'team up' PLUS needed to help with my sister who is ably challenged. Nice enough customer service on the phone and checking in (asked three times re: the handicapped room so we wouldn't be left out in the cold) and they reassured me that all rooms would accomodate handicap, just the shower was different (roll into versus not). O.K. as we didn't need roll into shower. Anyhow...got there, the check in person was nice, but the hotel does have that 'abandoned look, and is dirty (carpet is stained and stinky), the walls are dented and scratched, rubber on the floor in the doorway of our room was peeling up! nice feature, especially rolling in with a wheelchair! Bathroom had the sink plug missing, looked straight down into drain - yuk! Two flat pillows each bed. Two measley washclothes and a couple of towels - had to ask for more. Mold in the bathroom on the shower tile, smelled like it too - creepy. The little frig would not get very cold. WORSE - no handicap door entering into hotel (had to hold open for ourselves - though the check in clerk helped upon arrival). AND THEN there was the bathroom - a much needed necessity - could not roll chair up close to commode - NOT WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE - commode seat was broken! YES BROKEN! the bolt holding the seat on was completely off one side so the seat moved as you sat down - NOT safe for helping a handicap person onto and couldn't risk it. My poor mother tried to reach under to fix it as we were in a hurry to use - but to no avail. Went to clerk to ask for an immediate fix and public restroom - bad timing too as we were expected back at function at a certain hour and had to mess with that whole problem. She said they had no maintenance person available to fix. She did offer the King bed handicap room a door down from ours, at no cost, which solved the problem of using the bathroom - we just had to leave our room, go two doors down, and use the bathroom! us non-handicapped persons were able to balance precariously on the stool with the hope we wouldn't topple off (note, my mother is 78, risking a fall in a bathroom was not my idea of a vacation) . But I will say the gal working there had a very pleasant attitude. Oh, the b-fast in the morning was typical cereal, stale bread and bagels, eggs in a warmer, etc. and the gal working there was very nice... I would not recommend this beat up place to anyone. Save your money, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!