“Fun times” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Oakland, California
“Fun times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Groom of a wedding party here. We had a great weekend with nothing but help and understanding from the staff. Really pleased. Nice rooms. Hot tub should have been warmer but the sauna was great. We partied in a large conference room late into the night :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Jose, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Horrible stay! Checked in late with my teenage son who had just finished a cross country race. The first room we were given was already occupied, the clerk comes running down the hall shouting "stop, stop!" just as we were about to enter the room. The second room we were given had a defective shower that couldn't be used. The third room we were given had no working a/c or fan, and the t.v. didn't work, but that was the least of my worries. During the night the bed frame broke!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was our second stay at this Rocklin-area hotel. It is accessed by a potentially confusing frontage road (since it is highly visible on the south side, you will see it before the exit, if East-bound). The price was very reasonable (about $80 with tax; AAA/AARP discount) and is a good value for the price. The room was clean; and had microwave, refrigerator, Wi-Fi. The bath soap bar is minuscule, as is the tube of body wash, so bring your own.

The "balcony" is so-so, only because the scrub-land is not scenic. Our room (west-facing) was quiet, and there was no noticeable I-80 traffic noise. The service is adequate, but not cheerful or gracious. The breakfast was meager. The bacon was greasy, and was probably the smallest-sized bacon I've ever seen. I looked at the scrambled eggs, but could not bring myself to eat any. The automated waffle-baker produced holey waffles (use more than the cup they provide). We ate in the breakfast room -- completely by ourselves -- but if crowded, I can't imagine that enough food would be available. The only positive service experience was the young lady that asked us if she could get us anything else, and I appreciated the gesture. On the whole, if you're on a budget, the hotel offers good value for the money, even if not perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Not the newest, landscaping is neglected, they don't have flat screen tvs (what possible difference could that make to anything?), but everyone was extremely pleasant, the pool is clean and in good shape and has lots of chairs, the room was clean and odor free, bathroom is completely acceptable. The window treatments and shower curtains cost someone a lot of money at some point. Our room had a fridge and microwave and little coffee maker. We spent 8/16-17/2013 here (2 couples) to go to a Franki Valli concert at Thunder Valley Casino ten miles away, which was outstanding, by the way. They don't seem to have an ice machine but ice is available. Candy machine and soda machine. Hot breakfast in the morning which I can't review because we skipped it. They had freshly baked chocolate chip cookies at the reception desk in the afternoon. It's right on the freeway (I-80) but we had king balcony rooms on the hill side. They were utterly quiet. View of greenery was nice, two chairs and a little table on the balcony. Temp outside was 90-100 our air conditioning worked great.

The restaurant and bar are apparently not open, doesn't really matter since there are hundreds of choices of places to eat within just a few miles. There is a Safeway just across the freeway and a Starbucks a half mile down the road.

We would go back. We even talked about just packing our patio umbrella, a cooler of adult beverages and snacks and heading up for a weekend just to enjoy the pool. we had it to ourselves but the shade is sort of minimal - just one umbrella table so the four of us sat at one end of the pool in the shade of the umbrella and moved to the other end when we ran out of shade. The noise of the freeway at the pool is not the least annoying or loud, just a white noise similar to wind in trees. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area on the water so do not get the heat the Valley gets in summer, it's nice to be warm for a change.

For the price, $105, you really can't beat it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RocklinParkHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Rocklin Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Jojosail2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We really appreciate your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will return soon to enjoy the pool. We have hired a landscaper and have installed an ice machine in the main building. We hope you will enjoy your stay even more the next time you come. Please let us know of any additional services that we can provide to make your future stays more comfortable. Thank you again!

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

It pains me to see the negative reviews, as I really like this hotel. It is pretty, really well-located, includes breakfast, and has everything you need in a comfortable room. I highly recommend getting a room looking over the back forests, as the balcony is very peaceful. The pool is small, but refreshing. I have received some very good treatment from the managers and staff and am grateful for the kindness they have shown me.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kimberley42,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property! We continue to strive to provide our guests with excellent service and your feedback is very helpful to us. We hope to see you again soon!

Newcastle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I must preface this review by saying that I did not and have not stayed at the hotel so I cannot attest to the quality of rooms, amenities, etc. However, based on my recent customer service experience I would not stay here and I would not recommend it to any friends or family.

I was in the greater Sacramento area from a Thursday night to the following Wednesday morning. Not quite a week. I had called The Rocklin Park Hotel a week or two prior to my visit to inquire about renting a banquet room to host a baby shower. The gentleman that I spoke with went over rates, confirmed availability and said to see the room just call ahead so they can make sure someone is available to show me around.

I called on the Friday morning after my arrival to town and the girl who was on the phone was unhelpful. She just kept telling me how busy they were going to be that day. She couldn't confirm if the dates I wanted for the shower were still available so she said she would have her manager call me back in an hour when she got in. I never got a return call. I called later that day around 4 pm and either the same girl or another told me how busy they were and took my information to now have the Event Coordinator call me back because she supposedly was the only one that could help me. She wouldn't be in until Monday and I was told I would have to wait until then despite me saying that I would be leaving Wednesday morning and needed to see the place ASAP.

Well, the events coordinator never called me back. I left a message on Monday and Tuesday specifying that I had limited time to see the place and, apparently, it wasn't a priority. They must have been super busy with their imaginary clients because the parking lot did not look full to me. Most people I tell this story to from the area tell me that they think/thought the place was abandoned or closed down because of the lack of business they appear to get.

I'm surprised and disappointed that a place can be too busy to tend to potential clients. On top of that, to not return a call after 4 messages is despicable. I would not want to host an event here after such terrible customer service and I will definitely not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear KMeis,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your feedback as it will help us serve our guests and event clients better in the future.

Our events representative responded to your inquiry the same day it was made: 7/27/13 and left a voice mail message using the phone number that you provided to the front desk clerk. According to our call logs, subsequent calls and messages left by the events representative on 7/28/13 and 7/29/13 were regrettably not answered.

It is our policy to return calls regarding event inquiries within 24 hours.

We regret very much that we were unable to reach you. We would like to know how we can earn your business in the future. The hotel manager would be happy to speak with you. You may reach them directly at: 916-630-9400, X7055.

Warm Regards,

Roselle, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We've just returned from our trip to Rocklin, CA for the Christening of my God Son and we were told this is the nicest place to stay. I know Rocklin isn't the tourist destination of many so I didn't know what to expect but my friend that recommended the place was not too happy when he saw the state of disrepair it was in. Weeds and plants growing like crazy, just no curb appeal. But I can get past that, let's keep going....Hottest day in Sacramento's history was Saturday. Old record 103, new record 109! No worries, they advertise a lovely pool! If you like your pools looking like a POND, jump on in.... If not, the front desk recommends (on the hottest day of the year) you go to a gym or something? Yes, the actual answer I was given.

Rooms- Dated and old
TV- Still the RCA 20" box, no flat screen here!
Mattress- Springs in my back and broken down, very old! Ever hear of pillow top? Not here!
Carpet-Disgusting, bring slippers.
Bar- CLOSED
Restaurant- CLOSED

The only thing they have going for them is a 24 free coffee machine...THAT'S IT!

Were they willing to reduce my room rate just 10% so I could feel better about sweating my butt off? Of course not!

Dear owners- You had a gold mine! Everybody used to love this place (according to all my local family!) Way to go, won't be long now that reviewers make people aware of just how bad you let it get.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Erich H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay. Since your stay in June, we have remodeled a wing of the hotel. The remodel includes new carpet, paint, draperies, etc. We have added flat screen TVs to the premium rooms and now offer a complimentary hot breakfast. The pool has been re-done. We apologize that it was not open during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will give another chance to serve you better in the future.

Guest Relations Manager, Rocklin Park Hotel

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!