“Peaceful” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5450 China Garden Road, Rocklin, CA 95677   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
“Peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice room especially because we had the balcony view on the green belt side.glad we got the upgrade .try to stay in main building balcony room..bang for the buck ;)...stayed only a night but will def stay again..
Jake wilkinson

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RocklinParkHotel, Front Office Manager at Rocklin Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Jack W,

Thank You for your positive review.
We have a new Breakfast room now so on your next visit you will enjoy your morning breakfast with the breathtaking view of the green belt & the ridge at the back of the property.
Also we have upgraded our cable network and we have over 90 channels and we will be upgrading to Flat Screen TV`s soon
We appreciate your business.We will be very happy to have you back on your next trip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oroville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

this is one of the best hotels i have been in a long time, it was beautiful both inside, and outside, I went on a Tuesday, and the hotel was almost completely empty.a very nice bubbly lady was at the front desk to check me in, she told me that they were under construction building a new restaurant inside, off of the staircase, and the ice machine is out of order, and if we needed ice, all we had to do was call down to the front desk and she would be more then happy to bring a bag of ice up to us.because the hotel was almost completely empty, she decided to give us an upgrade to a bigger room, which was a room with 2 double queen beds and a balcony, on the second floor, was a nice little bonus to be able to go out and see such a beautiful scene.

the hot tub was turned off when we got there, and she asked us if we would like to have it turned on, that it would be no inconvenience, we were going to go out to dinner, so we asked to have it turned on, and she said she would turn it on for us, and she did..

about the room.. the internet worked perfectly, the room was comfortable, and the linens were new, beautiful, comfortable, and plush.

i would highly recommend this hotel, the only issue i had with the room was the older television they had, but that was just a small issue.

scale of 1 to 5, definitely a 5 in my book.. some people who reviewed this hotel before 2012, need to really come back and review this hotel again after the restaurant remodel.

Room Tip: Everything is wonderful about this hotel that i can see.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear davidh75,

Thank You for your review. we appreciate your business.The new Breakfast room is ready now so on your next visit you will enjoy your morning breakfast with the breathtaking view of the green belt & the ridge at the back of the property. Our staff will enjoy all the kind words told by you

We will be very happy to have you back on your next trip
Incline Village, Nv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I used to enjoy staying at this hotel in the 2002-2007 range. The Zinfandel Restaurant in the hotel closed. The rooms declined a little in their physical state. We visit the Sacramento area multiple times each year but we had quit using that hotel due to its decline. We tried it again in 2010 and were disappointed again. At that time there was no AC in the building between the main lobby and the prior restaurant. The room was cool, though. The AC in the exercise room was broken at that time, making it very hot to exercise in there. We were so disappointed with our stay.
We decided to try Rocklin Park Hotel on this trip to see if it had improved. The price for a king room overlooking a ravine was a good one. The hotel was pretty empty on a Thursday night. There were less than 10 cars in the parking lot, so it was really quiet. I went to the exercise room to use the treadmill only to find the AC in there is still broken; as we were told by the front desk woman, "The compressor is broken." Two years later the compressor is still broken.
Friday morning we tried to open our balcony door so we could drink coffee out on the little balcony overlooking the ravine. My husband tried, I tried and we could not unlock the door. We had been on the balcony the night before so we knew it was possible. I called the front desk and the man at the desk came up and turned the lock in the opposite direction than was written on the instructions on the door and the door opened. That morning we left our room around 11:30 and removed our "Do Not Disturb" sign from the door. We came back in the late afternoon to find our room had not been cleaned. The housekeeper was still there. The story was that we had our 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door when she made her first pass in our building. She went on to clean other rooms and had not checked on our room a second time, reason being she is the only housekeeper for both buildings. The woman at the desk offered to have her clean our room at that time, but we wanted to shower and get ready to go out to eat, so we just took clean towels back to our room.
We were originally scheduled to check out on Saturday a.m. but needed to stay an extra night. We extended our stay by the one night and the woman at the desk charged us a different, higher rate on our extra night. My husband questioned her and then she said, okay, she could charge us the AAA rate under which we had our original reservation.
On Saturday morning we had our "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door until, again, around 11:00 to 11:30 a.m. We came back to our room that evening to find our room still dirty. I called down to the desk and reported our findings and requested that our room be cleaned. I was told the housekeeper was gone for the day, but the woman at the desk offered to come up and bring us clean towels and take out the trash. We took her up on her offer.
There were a few more cars in the parking lot on Saturday evening. Something still isn't right about this hotel. Housekeeping makes one pass and you're out if you aren't out of your room by 11:30. There appear to be no supervisors on property. The person running the front desk appears to be expected to work every position. The Internet is iffy and slow. The entire hotel service is iffy. It's too bad, because this used to be a nice place. We give up on trying it in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Los Banos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I've stay at this hotel many times as I have family in this area.
The hotel was almost empty.The room we had was comfortable and clean It had a small patio with a french door access. It face beautiful grounds nice enough for an outdoor event. The carpet and bed spread needed to be updated, I could see both were a little faded and the same as when I stay in 06, but not worn out...yet. The A/C didn't work very well and since it was 90' or hotter it would have helped. The room came with all we needed, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, iron and ironing board, and hair dryer. Bathroom was large enough, tub and shower worked well, toilet was low to the ground but I didn't have a problem even with my bad knees. The facility was well kept, pool was comfortable furniture a bit old, the hot tub wasn't hot and access to the bathrooms were hard to get to and needed room key to access. The restaurant was closed and that was a inconvenient. Staff was welcoming, friendly and eager to help. I didn't get to the continental breakfast it was 6-9am. The building I was in had a nice seating area that ran down the middle and had a gas fire place, news paper available. All in all it was a pleasant stay and I will return, price was good for this hotel 4 stars is a stretch.

Room Tip: elevator is at one end of building with stairs at both ends. room on back side better quieter, front...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I forgot to make a reservation and blew into this hotel at the last minute for a business trip...I'm a previous customer, the hotel receptionist recognized me immediately and put me in a balcony room on the quiet side of the hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Sierra College. It is located on the same side of the freeway as Sierra College, sits down a quiet road in a nice neighborhood. Although it's visible from Highway 80, it's not all glitzy-glamory billboard signs shouting "Stay Here" for the night which I believe is a good sign, ie: non-pretentious advertising.

The room I stayed in was QUIET and clean. Request a balcony on the greenbelt side of the hotel. The room had a casement window as well as a french door to the small balcony with a chair and a table. The bed was comfy with plenty of pillows. The bathroom had ample towels, pleasant sundries. The WIFI worked well. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator.

This hotel offers a continental breakfast, cold cereal, fruit, milk, pastries and a fabulous coffee machine that makes all kinds of gourmet coffees.

Down the street there is a market and various places to eat, as well as a pharmacy.

I highly recommend this hotel for the price and convenience to Sierra College.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Curacao
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

First off trip advisor ought to immediately pull the official photos of the interior of this hotel.
The room was smelly And dirty. The furniture and gym equipment was from the 70's or 80's.
It was cheap. But price was not my big priority.
The room had a blower for a heater so allegians and dust blew over me while I tried to sleep. Go anywhere else. It was late so I stayed. Oh yeah - under trip advisor listing of amenities it list a bar /lounge ....none exists.

• Stayed March 2012
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I stay at the Rocklin Park every March when we visit her sister (during our Lake Tahoe ski vacation). The rooms are Northern California casual with comfortable beds, fridges, and good in-room coffee & tea. The front desk and housekeeping are friendly and efficient.
This is a good place for romance, relaxation, or business. It is not a full service hotel, so don't expect room service or a doorman. There is free WiFi and continental breakfast.
We usually stay on Friday and Saturday nights which are usually very quiet, with an occasional wedding. Not sure what it's like during the week.
There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Right off I-80 if need a place for the night while in transit.
We look forward to our visit again next month and will try to take some pics and post.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!