“Good rooms and great value” 4 of 5 stars

Rocklin Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5450 China Garden Road, Rocklin, CA 95677   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Palm Bay, Florida
“Good rooms and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I stay at the Rocklin Park every March when we visit her sister (during our Lake Tahoe ski vacation). The rooms are Northern California casual with comfortable beds, fridges, and good in-room coffee & tea. The front desk and housekeeping are friendly and efficient.
This is a good place for romance, relaxation, or business. It is not a full service hotel, so don't expect room service or a doorman. There is free WiFi and continental breakfast.
We usually stay on Friday and Saturday nights which are usually very quiet, with an occasional wedding. Not sure what it's like during the week.
There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Right off I-80 if need a place for the night while in transit.
We look forward to our visit again next month and will try to take some pics and post.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed in the King Balcony suite. The accommodations were very nice, bed was comfortable, and it was nice to have the balcony. I was there for only one night, but would go back again if I were in the area. The hotel staff were very accommodating and friendly. The breakfast was exactly what they advertise, in ample quantities. It is very quiet there, and it wasn't very busy. The construction is expected to take 2 more months, but it was not a bother. They must have had the day off when I was there. Also, ownership is changing hands, but I don't see what that has to do with the quality of my stay. I do recommend this place, and Serena directed me to a great Italian restaurant, Rubios, for dinner.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Oakley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed one night in a jacuzzi suite. Nice comfortable bed. Very clean. Nice staff. Amazing bathroom with a large jacuzzi tub, separate shower, and everything we could need. Breakfast was ok with waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, juice, bagels, and Starbucks coffee. Was just about the quietest hotel stay ever. Supposed to turn into a Holiday Inn Express in December.

Room Tip: Get the Jacuzzi room for an extra special treat!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We are frequent visitors to Rocklin as our son and his family reside here. After trying every Rocklin hotel, this is the only one to which we will return.

The staff are friendly, patient and professional. The room we chose, a King with a private balcony that overlooks a wooded area, was quiet and clean. No freeway noise! The bed was comfortable and we both slept peacefully. The continental breakfast was more than adequate for our needs: yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, bagels, English muffins, pastry, cereals.

We had the pool and spa to ourselves both nights. It is very clean with comfortable water temperatures. There is ample louge seating on the deck.

Internet access was through an ethernet cord and the TV station selection is limited on a dated TV. Upgrades to wireless and flat screen TVs are in the works with the recent sale, I am told.

The front desk clerk told us that the Rocklin Park has recently been purchased by Best Western and will soon have an operating restaurant again. This will add to its appeal and convenience.

We will be returning here, as the Roclin Park offers the best traveler's experience in this small community.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony/patio room. They overlook a quiet wooded area.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I came here for several days per month for several months and the service and the hotel value was excellent. I believe the park is being sold, and I would recommend
the hotel in a second, I recommend to stay in the "main" building where the front desk and any amenities are located.. The manager there -Ann- seemed to always be there and gave the personal service necessary

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
talent, or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Very efficient staff. Clean and comfortable. Hooking up to high-speed wi-fi was a no-brainer. Finally guessed that the decor came from a Swiss influence (Knotty pine furniture and simplistic colors, non-objective modern prints).
By the way, I left my wallet in the room and was notified through a booking service after I was well on the road (Housekeeping didn't get into the room immediately after my departure). Retrieved it (It had been placed into a sealed envelope) and was asked to check to make sure all items were there. Wow!!!!!!

Room Tip: Quietest rooms would be on the side opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Pulled in after a drive from Oregon, and the place looked pretty nice from the outside. Went inside to check in, and met up with a very friendly young lady working behind the counter. She got us processed and in our rooms.

The rooms are nice, I found the beds to be very comfortable. The bathroom was amazing for a hotel. I didn't get a robe in my room, so I cried (a lot). No room service, no restaurant on site and have to go to the other side of the freeway to get something to eat. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room, so I guess I could have nuked some burritos or something. Alas, I'm terribly lazy, so I would usually try to find an In-n-Out around so I could complain about how overhyped their burgers are. But that's another story for another day.

Breakfast was muffins, bagels, oatmeal, fruit...but there are about a million different kinds of coffee. WOOOT.

Best part of our stay was the petrified squirrel on the roof. I hope they take him down and give him a proper burial...he was a good squirrel, and deserves much better than this!

It's a nice enough place, and if I come back to Rocklin, I would like to stay here again. Even if I have to go across the highway to eat!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!