“Best Rocklin option: quiet, clean, comfortable! Soon to be Best Western!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocklin Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rocklin Park Hotel to your Saves list
Rocklin Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5450 China Garden Road, Rocklin, CA 95677   |
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Rocklin
Portland, Oregon
“Best Rocklin option: quiet, clean, comfortable! Soon to be Best Western!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We are frequent visitors to Rocklin as our son and his family reside here. After trying every Rocklin hotel, this is the only one to which we will return.

The staff are friendly, patient and professional. The room we chose, a King with a private balcony that overlooks a wooded area, was quiet and clean. No freeway noise! The bed was comfortable and we both slept peacefully. The continental breakfast was more than adequate for our needs: yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, bagels, English muffins, pastry, cereals.

We had the pool and spa to ourselves both nights. It is very clean with comfortable water temperatures. There is ample louge seating on the deck.

Internet access was through an ethernet cord and the TV station selection is limited on a dated TV. Upgrades to wireless and flat screen TVs are in the works with the recent sale, I am told.

The front desk clerk told us that the Rocklin Park has recently been purchased by Best Western and will soon have an operating restaurant again. This will add to its appeal and convenience.

We will be returning here, as the Roclin Park offers the best traveler's experience in this small community.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony/patio room. They overlook a quiet wooded area.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I came here for several days per month for several months and the service and the hotel value was excellent. I believe the park is being sold, and I would recommend
the hotel in a second, I recommend to stay in the "main" building where the front desk and any amenities are located.. The manager there -Ann- seemed to always be there and gave the personal service necessary

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
talent, or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Very efficient staff. Clean and comfortable. Hooking up to high-speed wi-fi was a no-brainer. Finally guessed that the decor came from a Swiss influence (Knotty pine furniture and simplistic colors, non-objective modern prints).
By the way, I left my wallet in the room and was notified through a booking service after I was well on the road (Housekeeping didn't get into the room immediately after my departure). Retrieved it (It had been placed into a sealed envelope) and was asked to check to make sure all items were there. Wow!!!!!!

Room Tip: Quietest rooms would be on the side opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Pulled in after a drive from Oregon, and the place looked pretty nice from the outside. Went inside to check in, and met up with a very friendly young lady working behind the counter. She got us processed and in our rooms.

The rooms are nice, I found the beds to be very comfortable. The bathroom was amazing for a hotel. I didn't get a robe in my room, so I cried (a lot). No room service, no restaurant on site and have to go to the other side of the freeway to get something to eat. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room, so I guess I could have nuked some burritos or something. Alas, I'm terribly lazy, so I would usually try to find an In-n-Out around so I could complain about how overhyped their burgers are. But that's another story for another day.

Breakfast was muffins, bagels, oatmeal, fruit...but there are about a million different kinds of coffee. WOOOT.

Best part of our stay was the petrified squirrel on the roof. I hope they take him down and give him a proper burial...he was a good squirrel, and deserves much better than this!

It's a nice enough place, and if I come back to Rocklin, I would like to stay here again. Even if I have to go across the highway to eat!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Stayed there with family.Excellent rooms,they provide Refrigerator,Microwave and robes which was luxury you rarely find for this price.Very close to freeway and still no noise from the freeway.Seems like very high quality overall for the similar kind of hotels.

They have putting green,Spa which we did not use due to rains,never the less great option. Breakfast is okay.Highly recommend .....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Okay I don't know know why someone would spend their wedding night here but for our purposes, relaxing after a day of casino, it was heaven. The staff were courteous, spacious clean room and bath, and the hot tub under the moon was sweet, nice low level yacht rock music piped in to set the mood. Imagine "It's the Right time of the Night For Making Love..." You know the song.
This is not a hip mod place, nor is it expensive. It's quiet and they give you a decent selection of teas at the very simple continental breakfast. I almost took off a star cause there's no hard boiled eggs next to the oatmeal, but hey the recession is real, we all have to make ends meet. If you need a place to stay this place will run about $70 a night through hotel.com.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Arcata, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Took my baskteball team to Rocklin for an AAU Basketball tournament and we all stayed here. Really nice rooms for the price. The rooms were large nice bathroom and such. The place is removed from anywhere else although it is a short drive. Restaurant and Bar at the hotel is closed and it doesn't appear to open anytime soon. Breakfast was poor and instant coffee.

• Stayed August 2009

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!