“The Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Kearny
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have gone to so many other chains of hotels and find ourselves @ Days Inn in Rocklin Ca. This is our third or fourth trip and the owners are the best!!! They treat you just like close friends give you the welcome you need to feel safe and well the comfort of home! The staff has always gave us what we needed and more for the comfort you need for on the road. Great place to stay. I have a comfortable bed, large TV, Microwave and Refrigerator. There is a large "comfy" chair to relax in. A great feature here is the large, rooms!! They have a pool & exercise room, a B-B Que for all to use. They offer you a clean and display a GREAT breakfast. Excellent Service at a Great Value!! I will always stay at this Hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Sacramento Days Inn Rocklin, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Michelle P,

A compliment from you is really special. We know that you travel a lot and understand the rigors of being on the road. We do try so hard to care for our guests and it is really nice to hear kind, encouraging words like these.

We hope to see you again really soon. It's our pleasure to serve you.

Very truly yours,

G.M.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My business brings me to the Greater Sacramento area...and I have tried several hotels. The Days Inn, Rocklin, CA, managed by husband and wife team of Lalit and Vicky Kumar...is, in my experienced opinion...THE very best value per dollar spent of all the Hotels I've used in Sacramento. The rooms are large and in my room...I have a comfortable bed, large TV, Microwave and Refrigerator. There is a large "comfy" chair to relax in. A great feature here is the large, in room, work desk with an adjustable swivel chair. I work on the Internet and the wi-fi is superb, fast and reliable to all the rooms. The desk lamp features additional power jacks and within a few inches I have 5 power jacks and I use all 5. In some hotels I've had to bring extension cords .. The lighting is also a big plus. There is a great shower in the remodeled bathrooms and there are two separate dressing areas. There is a full length mirror plus two other mirrors in the large room. There is ample room to open and display several suitcases. I have met clients here, and it's a large clean environment for that as well. Every morning they have a nice breakfast with fresh fruit, waffles and cereals. Plenty of great coffee and juices too. Dollar for Dollar, you cannot beat the price and features that the Kumar's offer you at their well run Hotel. I am so happy with the way I am treated by the entire operation..That now I just call ahead and pre-book my room when I am in the Greater Sacramento area. BTW...Rocklin is adjacent to Roseville, CA...a booming suburban area with every well known retail and retaurant franchise in the USA (Galleria Mall= Greatplace with an Apple Store!). All within a 10 minute drive from here. It's locate on I-80 and CA 65 so you can get anywhere easily. Highly recommend you call them @ 916-632-1010

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tom,

You are the best. We love having you stay with us and really appreciate the compliment.

As you know, we'll try almost anything to ensure our guests are happy. We are thankful for wonderful visitors and guest like you.

We look forward to seeing you again really soon. Thanks again!

Kumar
Gilroy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent a week at the Rocklin Days in for our teams softball tournament. This was our second stay there this year. The staff was friendly and very accomidating to us. Twice during the week they had a BBQ for all of the guests. The rooms were clean and we free of issues.The pool was the life of the week. Everyday we would gather around, while the kids played and we watched the Olympics and consumed adult beverages.

While this may not be an upscale Hyatt or Hilton it is a very reasonable and clean establishment. I would recommend it as a good place to stay on a budget.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
GMBayAreaInns, Manager at Sacramento Days Inn Rocklin, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear J.B.

Thank you for your kind remarks. It was our sincere pleasure to serve you and the team. Please post some photos of your players on our facebook page as it seemed everyone really had a wonderful time during your visit.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon. Have fun!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The owner of the Days Inn in Rocklin was very accommodating to our needs. The staff was helpful when extra items were needed. The price was right. The rooms were clean but the decor could be updated. The pool is a good size. We did not use the fitness room but it was available. The hotel is very close to Safeway, Starbucks, Jamba Juice and other eating establishments. The hotel is also very close to the freeway for easy access.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Bosco52,

We sincerely appreciate your kind words. We do try hard to out perform and out serve our competitors. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and spacious guestrooms. We will continue to do our best to be the best.

Thank you again and we hope to serve you and your family again soon.

Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Myself and 2 coworkers are here for a 6 week project. We have long hours, and it is nice to come "home' to a quiet cleen place that is $20 or more less expensive than any where else near by. Staff is helpfull and provides a appreciation dinner on Wednesday nites. Breakfast is the usual cereal, waffles, bagles and juces, nothing fancy, but still nice. Beds are comefortable, internet is good, and the showers are hot. I will gladly stay here and recomend it to anyone with a budget that doesn't need all the fancy stuff.

Dear Michael,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. We love input and will certainly pass along your compliments to our team.

We do try to show our appreciation to our wonderful guests. We're glad you enjoyed our Construction Industry Receptions and free breakfasts. We'll keep looking for ways to serve.

Thanks again for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Very truly yours,

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Due to business schedule and location, I was obligated to stay at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff was unavailable at all times. The rooms and accomodations were very old. Worst of all, there appeared to be bed bugs in the matresses and sheets. I left with red bumps on my legs.

Very disatisfied Customer.

Room Tip: None available.
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank James S
GMBayAreaInns, Manager at Sacramento Days Inn Rocklin, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear James S.,

Please contact us as soon as possible to personally discuss your concerns. We take these claim very seriously and cannot tolerate any dangerous conditions for our guests.

We employ a professional national Pest Control Company to inspect our hotel every month and have trained our entire staff on prevention. We work very hard to avoid any problems for our guests. We aplogize if we were somehow unavailable during your stay.

As noted, please contact me right away. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely yours,

kumar@daysinnrocklin.com
916-632-0101
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I travel a lot for work and this was the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We checked in about 10pm after driving 10 hours, the girl checking us in had no idea what to do nor could she give me a receipt for the charges to my credit card. After she finally figured out how to get me into my room I walked into a room that looked like it had not been cleaned very well or maintained at all(stains all over the counter by the microwave, freezer in the mini fridge was completely frozen all the way through, baseboard missing leaving sharp nails and corners by bathroom, toilet seat falling off, behind faucet on sink moldy, around bath tub was also moldy, that's just the initial impression). Towels were VERY thin and rough like a pretty low grit sandpaper. My coworker that was with me woke up with strange red marks all over his body maybe 15-20 that looked like flea bites, I didn't have as many but I slept in long pants and a shirt, we left the next morning to go to meetings and come back to find the key doesn't work(I had to get it fixed every time I left). I was missing some prescription medication after the room was cleaned(well beds made at least, I blame myself for leaving it in there). There was no ironing board or iron so I went to front desk to ask for one because no one answers when you call and they give me a torn up ironing board. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone not even my worst enemy. I will post pictures to Google I hope they stay up and don't get taken down.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
1 Thank Chicago2LV
Bhupen12, Manager at Sacramento Days Inn Rocklin, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Chicago2LV,

First please accept our apologies for the problems during your stay. It is difficult to imagine that you encountered so many issues during your visit and please know we take these comments very seriously. We will inspect each and every point you raised and ensure they are addressed and corrected immediately.

As you can see from our prior comments, we have a 4 star rating among our guests and the vast majority our our business comes from our repeat visitors. It's for this reason that your comments are so surprising and disappointng to us. We will literally take apart the room you stayed in to ensure no one else enconters similar problems.

We just completed a major renovation in our lobby and breakfast areas and are regularly upgrading our guestrooms. In fact, we just ordered and installed new irons and ironing boards in rooms 2 days ago and appreciate your note on this.

Thank you again for your time and input. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and earn your business back. If you have any further comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me directly at anytime at 916-632-0101 or by email at kumar@daysinnrocklin.com. Thank you again.

Respectfully yours,

Lalit Kumar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
3.0 of 5 stars 76 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Rocklin

Been to Sacramento Days Inn Rocklin? Share your experiences!