“Not Bad...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Rockport, Texas
“Not Bad...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My Wife and I stayed at this hotel 8 days. It was clean. Very good neighborhood.Easy access to freeway.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bhupen12, Manager at Sacramento Days Inn Rocklin, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Brian,

We wanted to thank you for your feedback. We will continue to look for ways to improve and hopefully earn an even stronger recommendation next time. We hope to see you again soon!

Days Inn Rocklin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed here for one month and had excellant experience. Every night was quiet . The breakfast was very good ,it included waffles ,eggs, bagels, milk, pastries,coffee and tea. The rooms are very nicely furnished with two comfortable fancy chairs, one including a sofa chair. The beds were excellant and helped to heal my aching back. The next morning my back was always feeling better.
They have microwave ,refrigerator and coffeemaker. USA Newpapers are included.
Whenever I had a request, they met my request quickly and I was satisfied. I highly recommend staying at this hotel. You will have a very pleasant experience. For the money you pay, this is the best value by far for your money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear David,

Thank you so much for the kind words and affirmation. It is very nice to hear that some of our improvement and efforts really helped make your stay wonderful. We'll keep focusing on doing the important things right: cleanliness, comfort, service and quality.

We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again soon. Please stop by to say hello. Thank you again!

San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for a concert we went to in Thunder Valley Casino on a Saturday. We first stopped by the hotel to leave our luggage and as we walked in to check-in we noticed this awful smell in the lobby, it smelled like food with curry or some kind of medicine smell it was pretty strong. As we were checking in, there was this indian lady that looked kind of dirty, her hair wasn't combed, she was yelling at the kid who was running in the lobby barefoot also looked dirty, the man who was helping us told them something in their language and the lady again, started yelling at the boy. The man was polite to us and told us there was breakfast in the morning, but by that time I was disgusted by the smell of the lobby area because the place looked nothing like the pictures, it looked dirty, and the windows had handprints all over them and the floor was dirty too. Our room had 3 small pillows that were very thin and uncomfortable, the room looked clean but I didn't feel comfortable there, in the morning we left very early and breakfast there was out of the question, I didn't trust eating there, after smelling that awful smell in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Post Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Walls, beds, counters, everything was filthy, I had to take my son's wet wipes and wipe down every surface. We tried dealing with management but they just put us off continually, didn't really understand English, very frustrating.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Bhupen12, Manager at Sacramento Days Inn Rocklin, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Dear C. Hamilton,

On behalf of the hotel, i want to personally apologize for your experience at our hotel. We sincerley pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and quality and will not tolerate the type of issues you raised. In fact, we also noticed quality concerns in April 2011 and immediately implemented changes to restore our positon and guest's experiences.

Among other things, since your stay, we have replaced our General Manager (he had only been with us for 3 months and did not live up to expecations as you saw); inspected and deep cleaned every guestroom; steam cleaned all carpets; added the window sill you noted (located behind drywall in the back of the bathroom) to our daily houskeeping inspection list and are currently upgrading our beds.

I hope you will give us another chance. We have been awarded the highest quality rating in the Wyndham Hotels system for 6 years in a row and continue to seek ways to improve. Thank you for taking the time to point out some cleaning flaws which you can be assured have improved.

If you have any additional input or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (916) 632-0101 or kumar@daysinnrocklin.com. Thank you again.

Sincerely yours,

Days Inn - Rocklin, CA
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I was travelling on business & stayed at Days Inn Rocklin. Place is very clean & beds are very comfortable. I got good rest for the next day & enjoy staying. Friendly staff & good breakfast adds to the value price of this hotel. I will definelty stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Upland, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

If you just want a place for a good night's sleep, this will do just fine. Our room was closer to the street than the freeway, so we did not hear any freeway or street noise at night.
It was clean enough, but the place is showing some signs of age. At the time we were there, the spa was out of service, but the pool was clean and inviting. They need to repair and/or replace some of their deck chairs.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, and we appreciated having a free breakfast every morning - consisting of cereal, juice, bagels, muffins and/or toast.
This was a good value for the money.

• Liked — Value, good bed, quiet room
  • Disliked — Rough towels
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business. I chose this hotel because it had one of the lowest rates in the Sacramento area, aside from the Motel 6 properties.

The room and the rest of the property were clean and well maintained. My coworker and I found the beds to be remarkably comfortable. The continental breakfast was substantial compared to similarly priced hotels. There were a few bread items, cereal, juices, coffee, muffins, and bananas.

The employees were helpful and efficient. There is a supermarket as well as other stores just a couple blocks from the hotel.

• Liked — The continental breakfast was adequate, unlike so many other hotels
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sacramento Days Inn Rocklin? Share your experiences!