“Smoked Goodness ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Rocklin, California
“Smoked Goodness ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I will say this first. Make yourself a reservation. This place get busy and being told you have an hour and half wait seems to be the norm for a Friday or Saturday night. This is pretty tuff to handle when the scrumptious smell of food teases your senses and your tummy starts to fuss oh but even without reservations it is worth the wait. With reservations it is only about a ten minute wait..About the food, is yummo smackinglicious a word cause this is the description screams to me. Everything on the menu is delicious and I think as many times as I have been I can say everything is delicious. They even give you the most amazing hot biscuits to nibble on while you wait. I enjoy the Luciles Blond ale it is real blue ribbon to me. Again fo your tummy a favor an grab a reservation. When you leave, you will return. Yummy

Auburn, California
“Not a good deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Tried this BBQ on the reference of a friend. He loved it. Us, not so much. One order was for a steak. It was so tiny, person ordering left hungry. Other order was salmon, which was dry. Quite frankly, I cannot recommend this establishment.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, California
“good place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

you can get a darn good sandwich for under $10, way better than fast food.
you can also get a lunch combo plate for $15-$20, which is what I usually do.
I have my own smoker, so might know a little about smoked meats.

Visited December 2013
Roseville, California
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This place has great food. I've tried something different every time I've went because they have so much on the menu. Surprisingly for the amount you get (a lot) it's not expensive. It's fairly priced. It can get pretty packed in there, especially on a Fri/Sat night. They have live band there. When I was there it was a blues band. It was really loud in there but a nice & fun atmosphere. I took my kids there and they were dancing around. They have a bar and it seems like a good place to get drinks before going out on a fri or sat night. I did go for dinner one time during the week and we did not hear a band, although it was still pretty crowded. You can order the regular menu items in the bar, so if it's packed and you can get a seat in there, take it. Really good time, really good food and we will continue going back.

Visited November 2013
Elk Grove, California
“Great BBQ Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

On December 29 we made our 5th visit to Lucille's in Rocklin with a gift card presented to us by our family. We expected to have to wait for a table for two on a playoff night for the 49rs. We got there at 4:30 p.m. and were seated 15 minutes later. Our waitress was terrific (sorry, we did not get her name, the place was raucous, but we were seated north of the side room on the north end of the restaurant.) the host seating us was friendly and prompt with our water and ice tea; our waitress was right behind him. She was running from table to table. The food is always the best, but she was the star for us that afternoon. She delivered our biscuits and butter right away and our meals were delivered promptly thereafter. She checked on us several times during the meal and brought a box for the leftovers and threw in two more biscuits to go. We will be back, even though we have to drive 30 miles one way from Elk Grove!

• Visited December 2013