“good place for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Roseville, California
“good place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

you can get a darn good sandwich for under $10, way better than fast food.
you can also get a lunch combo plate for $15-$20, which is what I usually do.
I have my own smoker, so might know a little about smoked meats.

Visited December 2013

Roseville, California
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This place has great food. I've tried something different every time I've went because they have so much on the menu. Surprisingly for the amount you get (a lot) it's not expensive. It's fairly priced. It can get pretty packed in there, especially on a Fri/Sat night. They have live band there. When I was there it was a blues band. It was really loud in there but a nice & fun atmosphere. I took my kids there and they were dancing around. They have a bar and it seems like a good place to get drinks before going out on a fri or sat night. I did go for dinner one time during the week and we did not hear a band, although it was still pretty crowded. You can order the regular menu items in the bar, so if it's packed and you can get a seat in there, take it. Really good time, really good food and we will continue going back.

Visited November 2013
Elk Grove, California
“Great BBQ Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

On December 29 we made our 5th visit to Lucille's in Rocklin with a gift card presented to us by our family. We expected to have to wait for a table for two on a playoff night for the 49rs. We got there at 4:30 p.m. and were seated 15 minutes later. Our waitress was terrific (sorry, we did not get her name, the place was raucous, but we were seated north of the side room on the north end of the restaurant.) the host seating us was friendly and prompt with our water and ice tea; our waitress was right behind him. She was running from table to table. The food is always the best, but she was the star for us that afternoon. She delivered our biscuits and butter right away and our meals were delivered promptly thereafter. She checked on us several times during the meal and brought a box for the leftovers and threw in two more biscuits to go. We will be back, even though we have to drive 30 miles one way from Elk Grove!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“All style no substance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Had undercooked (smoked) brisket and St Louis ribs covered in a sickly sweet sauce. Good Q doesn't need sugary sauces.

I'm originally from New Orleans. I know good Q. This isn't it......

The string fries were excellent though

Atlanta, Georgia
“good southern food written by a southerner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Really enjoyed having lunch at this restaurant. They serve biscuits to each table, that were so good with the cinnamon butter they provide. Yummy. I got the chicken bbq sandwhich and onion pedals. I am a southerner and found it funny that I finally found a local restaurant I liked and it is a bbq place. LOL. The restaurant is huge, so apparently the locals enjoy it as well.

• Visited October 2013