“Amazing Place” 4 of 5 stars

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was a lot of fun playing on the fairways, but not on the greens - just too fast. Without a doubt, however, this is a well laid out and maintained course where shot making counts every hole. Whitney Oaks deserves to be on anyone's list of the top five courses in the greater Sacramento area. I also appreciated the staff's great courtesy in welcoming a stranger and pointing out the facility's fine features. The other reviews on TA cover the course very well. Unfortunately, there is one major drawback I must add - the pencils had no erasers. For some reason, my score always improves when there are erasers, and I play alone. Go figure!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank InsiemeSempre

california
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great place for a group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Outstanding layout. Grass was dormant and brown and course was undergoing ownership changes. I was told the Casino had bought it and were revamping the course. I was also told it used to be a Miller design but for reasons they didn't have that designation anymore. Greens were lightening fast. Club house is very nice and good food. The pro shop staff was outstanding. I had a group of 12 and we came from 150 miles away and Rick worked to make sure we got later tee times and a good rate. I play golf with my group all over and this is a definite one to play in Sacramento.

Visited January 2013
roseville
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Johnny Miller strikes again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

While the facilities and staff are nice, and while the course in enjoyable, it has numerous funky holes that just don't make any sense. Big bolders in the middle of a par 5 for example. They run good values, but just be prepared for some target type golf.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank rstalk
Granite Bay, CA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful, Challenging Course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Whitney Oaks is a beautiful course with lots variety. The beauty can mask the fact the course has plenty of challenges. Don't let that scare you off, though. It is a course that you will want to come back to again and again.

Visited May 2012
Truckee, California
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Not for the faint of heart.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

The staff is professional and curteous. We have been playing there or practicing at the range for the last ten years. I have seen it go from the most challenging course and a record loss of balls, to a kinder and gentler course. Don't get me wrong, I still lose a sleeve of balls, but now I am down to just the one sleeve. It is challenging and very rewarding. The original course is a Johnny Miller design. Subsequent changes were made by the subsequent management companies. It is very quite and peaceful.

1 Thank sejw