“Starting your day right” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in Rocklin
Cuisines: American
california
“Starting your day right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

What a nice surprise. We came in for breakfast and the place was packed with customers, and we almost left but I'm sure glad we didn't.

Service was almost immediate despite the restaurant being very busy. And as other Reviewers have also noted, our coffee cups were never once empty.
The coffee is freshly brewed, not over heated or left in the pot so long it tastes bitter.

My husband ordered the Mr. Green Jean's Eggs Benedict...which he said was excellent. He loved the Canadian bacon and home fries which were seasoned perfectly (which also means not over salted!).

I ordered the Donna's hamburger on a homemade bun. I also got extra tomato slices on the side. Sooooo good.

All in all a good experience. Highly recommend you give this place a try.

Visited December 2013

Rocklin, California
“Best Breakfast in the Rock!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Hands down best breakfast...down home good old fashioned cooking...comfort breakfast food with large portions.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rocklin, California
“Breakfast treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love Granite Rock breakfast choices on the menu but the real treat is the specials. They come up with inspired dishes that make you want to try them all. The service is friendly and moves right along. I swear the wait staff must get some silent signal that it's time to refill coffee or other drinks. The blueberry waffles are awesome, and they will cook eggs as you request perfectly. I am already thinking maybe this weekend breakfast at Granite Rock. I can't wait to see the specials.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Has to best breakfast in area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

What a triumph! Imagine a busy friendly place with awesome diner atmosphere serving up excellent rib sticking entrees and presented with kind efficient service. And it won't set you back too much.

After a weekend in the Galleria we tried to find a good hearty breakfast joint for us to tackle the rest of the day. We were seated instantly on what was a busy Sat morning. Good strong coffee much better than expected. Two entrees- the waffle with scrambled eggs and bacon. Soft wonderful waffle not hard at all. Crispy rich bacon. Second entree was special: chile verde pork omelette with hash browns and homemade biscuit. Wow! The chile verde was homemade and was find with thick chunks of pork. Could have had more punch but was fine. It was a pile of food! Hash potatoes were excellent but maybe I should have had the home fries. But the biscuits! Wow! I couldn't finish them. A small plate had maybe four of them. Needless to say we walked out stuffed. Great place and welcome alternative to the big chain restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice hometown grill. Went for breakfast and there was something on the menu for everyone even my daughter who is a vegetarian was pleased with the number of choices. Homemade preserves on the table were a plus. Two people in my group had the special eggs benedict and they raved on how good they were. I saw clean plates all around in our group of 8. Will visit again next time I am in town.

Visited March 2013