“Excellent for the price we paid” 4 of 5 stars

Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4480 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA 95677   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent for the price we paid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel twice and will definitely go back. It is basic, but clean and very comfortable for the price. On both visits we requested a room away from the highway and there was no problem. The discount rate for 5 nights is excellent---$40 with tax per night. Last time we asked for a king room and when we got there we found no frig or micro. When we asked they quickly moved us into a king room with frig and micro at no additional cost. Beds are certainly comfy. Breakfast is best if you go early but if they are out of items, just ask and they will get more---waffles. cereal, fruit. yogurt,. etc. We will be returning this summer---our family lives nearby and this is a comfortable budget hotel---excellent for the price we paid.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, September 20, 2013

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do every thing possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (916) 632-3366

bdev@heritagehotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rocklin, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

This is probably one of the most god awful hotels I've ever stayed in. This says a lot considering I spent most of my life living in Patel/Singh/Dahud-owned SRO hotels in San Francisco. I spent a ridiculous amount of money just to spend one month at this hotel. I paid a weekly price of around $400. I was forcefully evicted from my room on my last week (before my week was even up) in the middle of the night and also had the manager violate my personal space and insult me while the police escorted me out of the building. I spent over $1,000 staying at this hotel and I know that the money I invested there definitely went into somebody's pocket. Do yourself a big favor and do not give these people any more money. They have enough of it as it is. The hotel itself suffers from various levels of neglect. The vending machines swallow your money and refunds are not provided. The staff are unfriendly and rude. This hotel flat-out stinks. Avoid it at all costs! Ditto goes for the Howard Johnson next door. That place is even worse: they have BEDBUGS!

• Stayed November 2010
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, September 18, 2013

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly (916) 632-3366

Schaumburg, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Got this room cheap $39 on Priceline where for the price "similar to Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites" but you never get those; you get this no-name local -- and it was not worth it. Beds uncomfortable; breakfast sad; you get what you pay for here. Luckily, no bed bugs (of course I checked). Although a no-smokikng hotel, I smelled smoke in the hallways and during the night from the room either downstairs or next to us. Ick.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, September 19, 2013

Gilroy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

We kept saying we don't know how they do it. For the price, it was great! We have paid more for less. Rooms were clean, well kept, good beds. The breakfast had everything you could ask for, juice and coffee are available all day. The staff were all very friendly and helpful for as busy as they were. Which is how they must keep the rates so low, must have a full house all the time. It was quiet and we would definetly stay there again if we go back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

The room was very run down, mattress had huge 12x12 ink stain on side of bed, and sheets were too small kept coming off during the night. The shower tub had a large patched hole which was poorly fixed. The room needs a lot of work and upkeep. Shower was nothing to brag, about a weak stream. The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything. The breakfast was traditional waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, and yogurt, which was just so so...! The location was next to the freeway; however our room was on the other side and was very quiet. The carpet felt very dirty we wore our flip flops the whole time, the AC in the room worked great but the TV was on a high shelf type pocket in the corner of the room very close to the ceiling, which seemed odd to have to look upward and watch it. The only thing good about this place was location to freeway, staff, and price but that's it!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

This hotel was fine, esp. since we were able to book it on such short notice for $58.41 on Priceline. Just wish I'd thought to insist on a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the freeway side of it, which is, quite literally, less than the length of a football field away. However, something should definitely be done about the exterior hallway doors -- neither one of them closed tight so just about anyone could wander in. Not good! Maybe that's why one of the other reviewers saw a man in handcuffs being interrogated in the parking lot? Dunno. Just a guess.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Chico, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

We were in the Rocklin area for a family wedding. The hotel is very basic, and the rooms (we reserved two rooms, with two queen beds in each room) a bit tired. There were stains on the side of the box springs on one of the beds, and the box springs were also slit for about 18 inches, near the top.

Employees were cordial and efficient. Free wireless internet was a plus. The complimentary breakfast was mainly processed foods. There is a Denny's, a Taco Bell, and a Jack-in-the-Box within easy walking distance. A Howard Johnsons is next door, sharing a common parking lot.

Be sure to ask for a quiet room, on the side of the hotel away from the freeway, which is very close by. Neither the establishment nor the clientele are in any way upscale. We saw a man in handcuffs in the parkling lot, directly below our second-story room, being interrogated by two police officers.

All in all, it is basic accommodations, and our AARP/AAA price of $53.90, found online, made it a tolerable experience. In the future, however, I would opt for other accommodations.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

bdev@heritagehotelgroup.com

Been to Heritage Inn Express Rocklin? Share your experiences!