“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars

Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4480 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA 95677   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Portolla Valley, CA
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We booked a room using united miles. Unfortunately there was a fire in the Rocklin area so the hotel smelled of smoke (not its fault), but the hotel itself is pretty run down and has an interesting clientele (guy in a wife-beater t-shirt walking in with a 6 pack of beer). We decided to move down the road to a less smoky location, but also to find a hotel that was a bit more upscale.

Stayed October 2013
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, October 29, 2013

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly (916) 632-3366

bdev@heritagehotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
schaumburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was given a room that was occupied by someone else, walked in to find someone in the bed. Check in took way to long and was told I needed to come back in a hour to sign the paper. The room was disgustingly dirty. The mattress was ripped and stained. The sheets had blood stains and appeared as if they were dirty. There was fecal matter from I hope a dog on the elevator floor. I have enclosed photos as they are worth a thousand words.

The police squad of 5 cars was there in at 6:00 AM. You couldn't pay me to stay in this motel again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, October 15, 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have stayed at this budget hotel several times and this is our third review. Our king bed room is always clean and comfortable but this time they did not give us a microwave or frig, even though we requested them. There are lots of people who live here permanently so there are some drawbacks. The breakfast has deteriorated since we first started staying here. By 7:15 AM the breakfast food is almost completely gone--only bread, cereal and toaster waffles left. Even the juice was gone. No one comes to replenish the food table. The staff is helpful but there are always a lot of people hanging around. Still---it is definitely a bargain and our room is always comfortable. Wifi is good. Suggestion to hotel--use regular king sheets for the king beds, not California king sheets which are too small and come off in the night. If you do not require luxury and want a clean, budget room--Heritage Inn is still a bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Volcano, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, lots of cute retirees, families and a boys sports team that wiped out the nice little breakfast which helped us start our day. Staff was quick to fix and accommodate. Walking distance to food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do every thing possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (916) 632-3366

Rocklin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Yes, I'll agree this hotel used to be very inexpensive. Maybe people are still getting incredible deals, but we were charged $20-30/night more than previous visits--just $5 difference from the comparatively luxurious HoJo next door. Room reasonably clean, can feel springs in mattresses, flat pillows, threadbare sheets, visibly stained--REALLY stained--box springs, full size box springs under queen mattress, spit wads on ceiling, curtain rod falling off wall. These things used to be reasonable given the low rate, but not anymore.

'Continental breakfast' used to be bagels, frozen waffles, fruit and cereal. Now it is just bread for toast, green (unripe) bananas, and cereal. Unheated pool dirtier than past stays. As usual, the hot tub is wrapped in yellow caution tape, filthy, and unavailable for use throughout our 2-week stay (third summer running).

The free wifi is terrible. Could never get more than 1 bar and nothing at all in lobby area. They offer 1 HBO channel but the signal is wavy as if you're watching it underwater. Staff explains that these are as good as they can get from local provider.

If your computer can connect with Ethernet, bring the cable if you want a decent signal. No flat screen TVs so don't plan on using video game consoles.

Every summer, groups of gypsies have made their way through. Interesting and colorful--they tend to sort of take over the place with kids running around, everyone up very late, lots of swimming in underwear or clothes. Ok with me, though others not so much.

Spent time in the lobby in evenings when my son had a flu. Noticed obvious working girl traffic going on regularly at night--especially over the weekends. Loud group of men raucous and drinking for hours at the pool, and then in the lobby till after 2 am. Unsupervised kids running around, hanging out in lobby, and banging doors, running in and out till after 1 am. This hotel has big problems so often that the police circle it several times each day. Arrests are not unusual.

Staff may be friendly but not very good at keeping things peaceful after 10 pm when most places want it quiet. These young people mean well, but clearly have had little training to deal with issues (even a replacement lightbulb). Maintenance only available certain days so our bathroom light was out for a few days. Manager is never around and ineffective to deal with a complaint when you can reach him.

We finally escaped to the Howard Johnson next door. It's like a resort in comparison! Comfortable, quiet, spacious rooms with flat screen TVs and several HBO channels, as well as many other channels not offered at Heritage. Hot complimentary breakfast, gym room, attentive staff with hotel training, thorough housekeeping. Certainly worth the $3-15/night (depending on rate you had at Heritage). We figured the breakfast alone made up for the price difference!

Both allow pets. Seriously consider whether saving a bit of money is worth the obvious undesirable element that has become the norm here.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the trailer park and Howard Johnson are quiter. They offer rooms with a counter, mic...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Let me start by thanking you for completing our guest survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It has come to my attention that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. My sincere apologies to you. I assure you that all the problems listed with the room, breakfast, and pool area have been addressed and our goal is to continuously improve our service and property to maintain and exceed guest satisfaction. If you plan to travel in the near future please consider our hotel again; we would love to accommodate you once again.

General Manager at Heritage Inn Express
Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I do not like getting ripped for just a room while passing thru.

So, in researching a property near Sacramento this popped up.
Hummm, some of the reviews gave me pause BUT how bad could it be??

It's NOT bad at all, in fact it's VERY nice.

It is NOT the 4 Seasons, nor a Hilton. However with a welcoming array of flowers at the property I was hopeful.

Yep, the room was just fine.
Plenty of space, clean and the a/c worked (it was 103 that day).

It's in what seemed to be a safe and well lit area out from the higher priced properties closer in.
It was only 20ish minutes from the intersection of 50 & the 5.

I do have to keep it real - the breakfast area may leave you looking at the Jack-in-the-box next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the frwy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Springfield, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Really helpful, friendly staff. Stayed here on our way home from disneyland. Dirty towels in our room, broken lamp, broken chest, broken light in bathroom...beds looked clean and fairly comfortable. Pool was really dirty, and the hot tub was broken and also very dirty.. but it was 65.00 a night.guess its true that you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013

bdev@heritagehotelgroup.com

Been to Heritage Inn Express Rocklin? Share your experiences!