“Cheap with a healthy splash of eau d'smoke scented dog urine and friendly staff.”
When we pulled in, I noticed broken glass in the parking lot near the pool, adjacent to the pool, a bit unsettling. I went in, spoke to the very friendly employee (and having experience with the area, I know the area to be pretty safe), I asked if they were having problems with auto break-ins. This was explained as a one-time, boyfriend, girlfriend incident, broken auto glass, however two days later the orange cone blocking off the glass remained in place in the parking lot, along with the broken glass. Price-wise, $58.99/night plus $25/night for a pet is cheap, so I booked it. We got a non-smoking room, and the first room that we entered (along with our 3 year old) reeked of dog piss. Nasty. I asked to be switched, not only because of the smell, I was concerned that I might be charged for the previous dog's damage. Our second room was clean-ish at first glance. No toilet paper roll holder, nail polish on the sink, multiple burn holes in each of the blankets of both queen beds (in a no-smoking room). We were not told upon arrival that the hot tub was broken, and I wouldn't stick a toe in the pool, it looked filthy and there were filthy towels everywhere in the pool area, as well as a great many suspect characters in the pool area, chain smoking. It didn't take long to notice the "extended stay" aspect was less business travelers and more single moms with filthy, unkempt toddlers, alcoholics and drug addicts. I was choking on the smoke coming into my room, the person in the room next door had their door open for 2 days, passed out drunk, cigarette burning in ashtray- charming. The staff was pleasant and more than willing to put us into a different room, but really, would it have made any difference? This is apparently subsidized lodging for transients, addicts and homeless. If you are ok with smoke (weed and cigarette), ok with bare minimum, no amenities and bring your own sheets (which didn't fit the beds, btw), then it's a good deal- it's cheap and despite the clientele, it was safe. Continental breakfast, cereal, oatmeal and english muffins. I personally could not get past the smells of urine and smoke and I'm feeling kinda itchy, but I didn't SEE any bugs. Close to 80, keep the A/C on and you'll sleep ok on the really low budget beds. (as a single female, however, I would NOT stay here alone)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.