“A great hotel for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4480 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA 95677   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A great hotel for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We have stayed here several times---I wrote a review last time we visited but I want to emphasize again what a great bargain this is for the special five day rate which is $40 per night including tax. We had a very clean, large king room with frig and micro, free wifi. Nice breakfast with waffles, yogurt and hard boiled eggs in addition to cereal, fruit, etc. The desk personnel and housekeepers are very accommodating and pleasant. Not for luxury travelers but great for folks who want a clean, budget room. Hint--ask for a room facing away from Highway 80--much quieter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Highway 80---much quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, September 17, 2013

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do every thing possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (916) 632-3366

bdev@heritagehotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I spent two weeks at the Heritage Inn Express in Rocklin, California.
Away from home, my hosts, General Manager Braham Dev and his team made this time bearable and at times even joyful: I rested peacefully from the tiredness of the road and found always a warm greeting as I returned to my room, always impecably arranged.
As I leave, I carry in my wallet pictures of my family and one more thing: Mr. Dev's card:
This is the place that comes closes to my home.

Roberto Dansie, PhD
World Traveller

Room Tip: Rooms in the north are quieter, the rooms on the second floor have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Roseville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Pretty much get what you pay for here. I guess reading reviews are important because I assure you if I had I would have avoided this place, NO DOUBT. 1st, they did not have our reservation so we had to stand there 15min while the clerk searched for it. 2nd, the police were outside putting handcuffs on someone as we pulled up and we saw them again that night walking someone out of the hotel in cuffs. That made us a little nervous. The Lobby is decent but the rest of the hotel is pretty ragedy. Our 1st room smelled like wet dog so they put us in another room. Rooms are basic good for sleeping nothing special. We were on the 2nd floor in a non smoking room on a non smoking floor but at night it smelled like someone was in our room smoking a cigarette. My wife called the front dest and was told that there was nothing they could do. We were only there for the night so we figured we'd suffer through it. The kicker, for me, happened as I'm heading down to request late check out I can hear a lady talking loudly from down the hall. She is cursing, using racial slurs like, "this n*gga this, that n*gga that", talking about smoking weed and partying. As I get to the lobby I notice, not only is the lobby empty, but the voice I heard down the hall was a clerk behind the front counter and not just any clerk she is the manager. Her badge said "manager" on it. I dont recall her name but she is a big girl with big hair. So, after she very kindly exdends our check out I step over to grab a cup of Jo when a guy walks up to the counter and complain that he and his family were bitten by fleas while they slept. That was it, I was so glad to check out of this place after that. I've honestly had better experiences at Motel 6 or Super 8. Best thing about this hotel was the $37 I paid for a $10 experience.

Room Tip: Ask about room "Pet History" to avoid flea ridden room. 1st Floor seems best for non smok...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, September 18, 2013

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly (916) 632-3366

West Jordan, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

My daughter, granddaughter (7weeks old) and I travel from Salt Lake City, Utah - a twelve hour trip for the purpose of my mother's funeral, only to find out that the hotel clerk I spoke to on the phone regarding my reservations did not have our reservations correct and the room we wanted was already occupied. This is just the beginning of a horrible experience. After looking around a bit I should have left right then, but I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. The lobby looked as if someone was trying to decide what paint should go on the walls. But the paint patches had been there long enough to be dirty. Everything went downhill from there. I had already loaded our entire luggage on a bellman's cart. The assistant manager, Harold Lusk, still tried to accommodate us by showing me a room. The cart was falling apart, which made it difficult to maneuver up to the second floor. The elevator and hallways on the way to the first room was stifling - no air conditioning in July. I entered the first dark, hot room - knowing that we had to use the refrigerator for baby food (we were paying extra for the refrigerator). I opened it, and it smelled like someone had vomited in it. It was not working properly. Then I notice the linens on the bed did not look clean. The air conditioner was not working properly in this already very hot room. I told the assistant manager we could not stay in this room. He showed me another room that was, in my opinion, no better. By now I was wondering if important things like smoke and fire alarms were in working order. With a brand new baby in my care I declined all of the rooms and returned to the desk to let them know we would not be staying. You would think that would be the end of the story. No. The next day I shared our experience with my husband on the telephone, telling him that we were now staying at a different hotel. He told me that the Heritage Inn had not only charged our checking account, but they had charged us for four nights. I had been assured before leaving there, the night before, that the entire stay had been reversed and there would not be any charge, since we did not stay even one night. After hearing that we had been charged for a four night stay I immediately went back to the Heritage Inn to demand that they refund my account. I was told by a different Asst. Manager - Verela Jennings, that they had not charged me. I told her I have Internet access to my account and I know for a fact that I was charge. She argued with me repeatedly. And I had to stand there and insist on her reversing it NOW! I also told her that I wanted a letter (in case I got home to Salt Lake and it had not been reversed) telling my bank that the charges were in error and needed to be reversed. I let the Assistant manager know that after having received their assurance, the evening before... that there would not be any charges and they went ahead and charged me any way... I was going to the Rocklin Police Department to report the theft. Not only was it a sad time for me but this experience just added salt to my wound.

Patti Koerner
West Jordan, Utah

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ella J, Front Office Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
First and foremost I want to start off by thanking Ms. Patty Koerner for her feedback on our establishment. We as a whole take into consideration everything that was entailed in her review. Unfortunately at your time of arrival, yes, we were trying to settle on a paint scheme for our lobby, which has been newly painted and has uplifted the setting beautifully. Our rooms and entire building do have working air conditioners, our rooms have energy efficient settings to where if there is no activity in any of the rooms there will be no air circulating until the thermostat is set and there is actual activity in the room. Sorry that this seemed as if we had improper working ac units. All of our smoke detectors, fire extinguishers in and out of the rooms & in hallways are checked periodically and tested regularly to ensure safety for our guests. I completely apologize if our check in procedures were unclear, we do only authorize you credit card upon check-in & at check out, charge your credit card for nights you stayed-nothing more; so I can assure you, and all reviewers that we take serious care in making sure that if you would like to cancel, we will reverse the authorization and after that it takes up to a maximum 10 business days to release from your bank as well. Once again, we DO NOT charge credit cards upon check-in, only authorize for entire stay plus $50 incidentals. I extend my sincere apologies that our establishment was not upheld to your standards, and have, since July 2011 given our property an internal facelift to accommodate the everyday traveler.
Gresham, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel is nothing spectacular or memorable, but it is great for the price and perfect for someone that just needs a place to rest for the night. They are very kind and accommodating throughout our 1 night stay. We arrived around 10 am and thought there was no way they could check us in that early, but they had no problem making room for us! We were very impressed with that. Since we had been driving all night, it was very nice of them. After a long nap at the hotel, we swam in the pool. Nothing fancy, but clean and did the job. That night we slept well and in the morning we had breakfast. Not bad at all for the price we paid. Too many people expect the Hilton/Marriott but are only willing to pay a Motel 6 price. This place was just right for us!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

The room 113 had a smell that made my wife and I want to throw up. We asked for a different room but of course they were sold out. I should have checked the Hotel first to find out if it's pet friendly. I told myself before I would never go back to a pet friendly hotel again. I was talked into this hotel because my niece was staying there. I should have known that the rate was so cheap for a reason. Pet friendly means that an animal probably went to the bathroom at one point in every room. This was evident in our room because the smell was awful. The television worked for about 2 hours then turned off. When I went to turn it on again sparks were seem coming out from the back of the television set. This I believe in an isolated incident but felt it was worth noting.

Side note: My cousin went to her room and found a plunger in the toilet with towels on the floor and the smell of sewage. I told my cousin that she beats my story. She was given another room which was a good room. I on the other had had to deal with our room the best we could. I would normally never write a review about this but this hotel takes the cake. I felt I need to write this to warn you of the possibilities of the next person having to go through what we did. The staff is nice and I could tell they felt bad about the situation. Deep very deep cleaning needs to get done in the rooms where they let an animal stay so the next person doesn't have to gag. I love animals by the way.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel twice and will definitely go back. It is basic, but clean and very comfortable for the price. On both visits we requested a room away from the highway and there was no problem. The discount rate for 5 nights is excellent---$40 with tax per night. Last time we asked for a king room and when we got there we found no frig or micro. When we asked they quickly moved us into a king room with frig and micro at no additional cost. Beds are certainly comfy. Breakfast is best if you go early but if they are out of items, just ask and they will get more---waffles. cereal, fruit. yogurt,. etc. We will be returning this summer---our family lives nearby and this is a comfortable budget hotel---excellent for the price we paid.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Braham D, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Rocklin, responded to this review, September 20, 2013

bdev@heritagehotelgroup.com

Been to Heritage Inn Express Rocklin? Share your experiences!