“cute” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Roseville, California
“cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

From the outside, I thought this was more of a mom n pop place. Inside is very fancy looking. While the staff was really nice, when we got there, we waited for anyone to notice we were there. I was thinking it was a seat yourself place, but it had a host spot. The menu is small, but what we got was really good. They have many options for the pizza and you can see them making the pizza's. It's pretty cool. It did cost a little more than I thought it would've. When we went we were still eligible for the lunch menu, but it's only $1 less than the regular price. there were 3 of us, 2 being kids and we still paid $40

Visited January 2014

66% Recommend
Northern California
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I love the atmosphere and food here. The pizza is delicious, the salad is fresh and tasty. Their lunch specials are phenomenal - generous and reasonable. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and service oriented.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Won't be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I typically do not write negative reviews after one visit unless the experience was particularly horrible. I figure everyone can have a bad day. However, I had the Italian Panini and it was quite possibly the worst food I have had in my life. It was just awful. The Caprese salad was very average as was the Wedding Soup. What makes it worse is that this place is not cheap. Needless to say we will not be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, California
“Solid, dependable, a little pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We return to Skips about once a month because the food is dependably good and the atmosphere is very good. The restaurant also includes a really nice gelateria that serves genuine Italian sticky ice cream.

Our most recent visit -- two of us -- was typical. We ordered the Bruscetta appetizer and a big pizza. The appetizer was a wow. Skips has a good attitude about appetizers. They take a standard Bruscetta (basically, a grilled slice of sour dough layered with mozzarella, sliced tomato and spices like garlic and some green stuff) and serve it on steroids (not literally) in the form of bite-size grilled chicken cubes heaped on top. Basically, they turn a large sliced crouton into a mini chicken, cheese and tomato chunk pizza. Very pleasant.

We've gotten used to Skip's pizza. It's not a 10 or a 6, but somewhere in between. This time, our thin crust (which we prefer) was tough. Maybe the dough had been out too long or had been punched down too many times. Otherwise, it had generous quantities of the toppings we selected, and the anchovies on the side were also generous and fresh.

Is it just me or should a meal like this with soft drinks exceed $40 for two? I guess prices just keep going up everywhere and I should stop noticing.

You can eat inside or out. On hot nights, Skips has a misting system that drops 100 degree air to around 75 at your table. On cold nights, Skips provides those large propane patio heaters.

As Arnold says.... "I'll be back...".

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been to Skipolini's three times and have enjoyed my experience at each. The food is consistantly good and the service has always been excellent. I have had enjoyed their pizza, a salad, and a pasta dish. The breaded green bean appetizer was delish! The atmosphere is casual and they offer both indoor and outdoor seating and the location is convenient. They are family friendly and kids have the opportunity to make their own pizza that is then baked and returned to them so that they may enjoy their creation.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Skipolini's Pizza & Pasta? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Skipolini's Pizza & Pasta, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.