“Great family hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
No. California
“Great family hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We needed to take care of accommodations for our friends from France so I started with the Staybridge Suites. Although I'd just stopped by to check the place out, I was impressed with Jessica at the front desk and she was so helpful that after my tour, I went ahead and booked a two bedroom suite without checking out the other hotels on my list. The entire hotel - rooms, dining area, lobby, etc.- was well decorated and clean. Our friends loved the suite and said how well decorated, quiet, and comfortable it was. Their girls loved the pool (highlight of their stay, lol). Our friends were pleased with breakfast. I was impressed with all the staff I encountered during their stay. Yes, I can see how this hotel would be a bit difficult to find but it is such a good find! We were all quite happy to have found such a great place for our friends' visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
bayarea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The property is new. It is a little strange to find as it is situated behind the strip mall stores. The mall is a very nice area with plenty of retail and restaurants. My son thought it was outdoorsman heaven with all the camping stores.
Check in was very simple and the room was perfect for our needs. We planned to use the hotel as a halfway stop on our way to a whitewater river trip. The breakfast the next morning was good to get us filled up and nourished for our intended river trip later that day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Morgan Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Another good stay at this location. Love the mini kitchen in the room. Beds are comfortable and pretty quiet in the room. the air conditioner and heater can be noisy at night. Breakfast is adequate - fruit, yogurt and hot and cold cerea. Fresh waffles if you like that. Rooms are clean and new.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hidden Valley Lake, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Better than most Embassy Suites. Loved the beds , the 2 flat panel TV's and the incredible indoor pool & spa. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I always stay here when we go to the Thunder Valley casino because its always booked and its great they have an amazing indoor pool great free breakfast buffet with the best eggs and sausage and the rooms are nice clean and very comfortable..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stay at this property frequently. This past start I was assigned room 126. This is a room that you will want to avoid. It is right next to the north side stairwell door and across from the hotel laundry. Until 1am and then beginning at 5am I could hear the doors slamming shut every few minutes. Even the fitness room and guest laundry room doors just down the hall slam shut loudly. This is an issue that the hotel maintenance staff should be able to correct with the proper door closers and adjustment.

Over all this is a nice property, but you will be unhappy with room 126 if you have the misfortune of getting that room assignment. I suspect that Room 124 right next door would be the same.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 126 or 124 - very noisy from slamming doors.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Chico, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We were very pleasantly surprised, when we arrived at this hotel to celebrate my daughters birthday, with a shopping weekend. It seemed to be very clean and well decorated. However the following morning, after my daughter slept on the sofa bed, I discovered (learning later that evening), that what I had pulled from the front of her hairline, was indeed an adult lice. I found that out, because we found 2 more that evening after arriving home (and having my husband look it up online to see what they look like). How wonderful, the gift that they were able to leave behind, (nits), in my daughters hair!! My husband phoned the front desk and explained what had happened and was told that the manager would return a phone call to us later that week. Apparently, he or she, doesn't come in daily. Well, we NEVER received that phone call. NEVER received an apology....NOTHING!! All of her brand new clothing after shopping, had to be bagged up (and still is) to enable us to kill all of the lice. I had to wash EVERYTHING in our house, because she didn't discover the second or third adult lice, until after she had laid on everyone's bedding throughout the house and livingroom/family room. After an exhausting trip and drive home, this was the last thing I wanted to do or have her deal with. It was awful!! I'm so disappointed in the staffs' behavior and WILL NEVER stay with this company again. I was so tempted to phone the room the next day to see if they were even taking care of the problem. "Don't sleep on the sofa bed, there's lice in there!!" Oh, not to mention, in case I didn't kill it properly, there's adult lice in the bedroom now, too!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area? Share your experiences!