“Sunday brunch is to die for!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mission Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 620 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
Boston, Massachusetts
“Sunday brunch is to die for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

Sunday brunch is to die for!

Yorba Linda, California
“Overpriced Lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I have eaten at the Mission Inn for their Sunday Brunch before and wanted tried their lunch buffet. This is definately a skip. It is overpriced for the very small selection of food on the buffet. They were out of items most of the time and you needed to wait or get back in line, The service was poor at best. Drinks took 1/2 hour. We asked for cocktail sauce for the shrimp and waited 1/2 hour for that. The waitress claimed she was looking for it all over the kitchen. If is funny since they have shrimp cocktail on the regular lunch menu and we saw orders of that going to other table.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
MIDORD, Manager at Mission Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Dear YL_KevinD1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize for the service that you received in The Mission Inn Restaurant and your dissatisfaction of the Prime Rib Buffet. This is not the experience we want any of our guests to have and we are sorry you did. I have forwarded this email to the Vice President and General Manager of The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, Jim McCullough and the Executive Chef, Alfredo Gutierrez so that they may address your comments with the kitchen and service staff. I can assure you that it is our intention to provide the highest level of product and service we can.

In our daily effort to strive to provide the best service and product to our guests it is very important to get the good and not so good news from our guests so we appreciate your feedback and hope to have you as our guests again in the near future.

Elsie Carbajal
London
“Fabulous champagne Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

There is a dazzling buffet with great seafood, roast meats, omlettes and eggs to order, salads, fruit and deserts. The serving staff were attentive and kept filling our glasses with champagne. We followed our meal with a tour of the inn.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Riverside, California
“Duane and Kelly, train your staff better - and not just to be snobs!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

I stayed at the Mission Inn for New Year's and went to both Las Campanas and the Mission Inn Restaurant. I had been to both several years ago and had unremarkable service and food so I was hoping to have better experiences this time. But alas, nothing has changed. The "Mexican" place is overpriced and the service is very slow. The food is just mediocre and can't really be classified as "Mexican." It's more like a wanna-be snobby take on Tex-Mex. But my margarita was good so I'd give the restaurant a "C." My experience at The Mission Inn Restaurant was a disaster. It too, is overpriced, and the food is below average in variety as well as quality. We showed up to eat breakfast at 10:35 and were told that breakfast was over and that seating for lunch did not start until 11. But since we were hotel guests, they said they would get us in in 15 minutes. So we were seated at 10:45. We placed our order quickly, feeling somewhat bad that we were just squeaking in for breakfast. We did not see our server again until 11:25, after we had flagged down the manager to see if we had been forgotten. The manager told us that they had been working on a large party (it was only a party of 10... please) and that there was still someone else before us waiting as well. But I'm pretty sure when he went back to check on our order, they realized that our ticket had been lost or something to that effect. He offered to give us a whopping 20% discount on our bill. We waited another 20 minutes for our food, half of which was cold. I'm not sure what the deal with that was. That will be my last time dining there, as I'd give that restaurant a "D." The hotel and dining ambiance is nice but the waitstaff at both restaurants has an air of self-importance and why... I have no idea. So if you want to eat mediocre food in a nice atmosphere, be treated shabbily, and pay a pretty penny to do so, the Mission Inn is the place for you.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
South Bend, Indiana
“Specify an indoor table when making your reservation!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

We went to the Mission Inn for Sunday brunch in December, as a treat for my 80-year-old mother who was visiting from out of town. We had a pleasant experience there in August, but this visit was much the opposite.
We arrived early for our reservation (about 40 minutes) but were told we would have to wait until close to our actual time to be seated -- no problem, since we knew we were early. They called our name about 10 minutes before our actual reservation time, then proceeded to try to seat us in the shade on the outdoor patio in 60-degree weather, with one small heater high over a grouping of three tables -- and to wedge five people into a table for four. Since we had both a senior citizen and children in our group (and tolerating the cold was not an option), I asked if we could possibly be seated indoors, as they had marched us past a couple of empty tables on the way to this one. I was told that we would have to wait another 45 minutes for a table! We were ushered back inside to the hostess station, where we were told the same thing, that those empty tables were reserved for "other people" and that we would have to wait 45 minutes. After much coversation, they told us that "Manny" would see if he could free up something for us. About 5 minutes later, the mysterious "Manny" appeared and rather brusquely ushered us to a table indoors, and growled something like "you're welcome" though gritted teeth when my husband thanked him for seating us inside.
Once we were seated, things improved only slightly. The brunch buffet was good, but servers were sometimes slow at removing empty plates from the table and refilling drinks. While we understood that we were dining during the busy Christmas season, we felt that the service was cold and unwelcoming. I felt that our group was treated like unwelcome country bumpkins who should have been grateful for whatever the help deigned to do for us.
While I had previously thought of the Mission Inn as a "special event" destination restaurant (with high prices to match), I would now avoid it at all costs.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere