“Misleading” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Terra Bella, Ca
“Misleading”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were visiting Riverside to tour a campus for our child that would be attending college in Riverside in the fall. I looked online, and saw that this Motel 6 had "modern rooms" have stayed at a "modern" motel 6, I thought I would give this motel a try. I booked online "modern" and paid "modern", when I checked in, the front desk clerk, was clearly ready to go home, and had no personality. She checked us in, gave us our keys without a smile, and we were off... only to find out that the keys (2) didn't work, I walked back to the front desk, explained what happened, and she "fixed" them, walked back to the room, the keys did work, for the room was FAR from modern... if fact it smelt like someone had holed up in there for the 25 maximum stay and smoked 24/7. When I called to inquire about the "modern" room, she said they do not have any modern rooms at that site. I double checked my email confirmation, and sure enough it said modern room. When I told her that she said, she didn't know why, but they had just started construction on that site that day, for the "modern rooms" I asked what could she do about the smell, she said you are in a non smoking room, I can move you if you like, but that is going to be the case in all the rooms. When we pulled that bedspread off the bed it had burn holes in it.... GROSS!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Riverside South, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Michelle V - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The odor, service and bed linen conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience with us. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Medford, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here a couple months ago for 3 days while visiting my sister. Felt it was clean, the rooms were decent size and it was fairly quiet. I would recommend staying or asking for the rooms on the far side. Staff was pleasant and didn't have to wait long to get the key to my room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the far end would be my advice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
portlamd
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

I stayed with my fiance. There was a prostitute doing business next door. We complained to management but were told that she was a paying customer and that it was all in my head ( in so many words). She had 3 different "guests" and the pounding of the headboard each time she had her guest was enough proof. We were told that if we wanted to check out we could.
The prostitute had more credibility than I did. I will never come back to this motel6 at la sierra in riverside ca.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2005

This place is right next to the 91 freeway, which is a main vein of SoCal and in between everywhere... (i grew up there) which wil take you where you want to go. This place has clean and inexpensive rooms, what you need to sleep. I have stayed there twice, and will again soon. Who goes on vacations, etc. to sit in the room anyway? My only advice would be to avoid the rooms facing the 91 freeway... No problems though, and friendly greeting too.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Riverside South? Share your experiences!