“Great people” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
colorado
“Great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at the motel for a month. The people that run the room are the nicest people. They put us in a nice room. All the employees are just wonderful. The room was clean and roomy. The only bad thing I can say is it is across from the police station I we heard sirens. But there was places close enough to walk to. I would recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RiversideEconolodge, General Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind compliments. Its truly a great pleasure to have guests like you.
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to serve you with same dedication and integrity in near future.

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
CEDAR CITY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The motel is very well kept and the breakfast was value for the price paid for the place. The couple managing the place made us feel like home all during our stay there. We were a little skeptical with some negative reviews but in case we visit Riverside again this will be our place of stay.

Room Tip: Always make it a point to ask for the GM Rush by name at check in.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RiversideEconolodge, Manager at Econo Lodge Riverside, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you very much for the review.We truly appreciate your business and kind response.
Thank you for your valuable time taken for responding in lieu of the hotel.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We have stayed at various motels in Riverside sometimes even paying 50% more but our experience here was exceptional. The GM Rush was very kind and so was her husband who checked us in late in the night. The pool was clean. The breakfast was good. The room we stayed in was very clean and we have stayed in quite a few places and this one was definitely one of the better well maintained ones. A/C was silent and kept us cool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very kindly for taking time for such a good review.We truly appreciate your business..
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Some kind of party was going on when we checked in at midnight. Room cost $60. First thing you notice is the mirror above the bed and a huge mirror on the wall running along side the bed. I was with my boyfriend and drunk so I figured this could be fun. After resting on the bed for awhile we heard someone trying to get in the door with a electronic key. After being told through the door the room was occupied a woman slurred "but I'm hungry".
A short time later the hotel phone in the room rang, and then another phone in the room rang. BUT WE DIDN'T RECOGNIZE THE RING! A man on the hotel phone said someone had left an iphone in the room. I don't know when this could've happened. When locating the iphone on the floor next to the bed we also located a half eaten cookie.
My partner decided to use the rest room a short time later so I began to scrounge. I located next to the bed also a red plastic capsule about the size of a sweet and low packet. After putting my hands allover this item to inspect it, I located the verbiage"tangy liquid lube for lovers". After already being embarrassed in the choice of hotel rooms I was determining whether or not to disclose my treasure to my partner. I didn't have to choose though, because save those hotel room mirrors! He was well aware two rooms away that I had found another morsel of disgust in the room of the "not tell motel".
There was also a footprint on the bath mat, but need I really say more?
If we hadn't been intoxicated and it hadn't been so late at night we would've definitely peeled rubber outta there.

• Stayed October 2011
juneau
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband works for an airline and Our son is attending school at Riverside City College.
We were attending one of his games ( which we often do ) so hotel stays has to be fairly budgeted. We usually stay at the Comfort inn but there were no vacancy... Looked up Hotwire and got the Econo Lodge on Magnolia.
We checked in between 10:30 and 10:45 pm 09/23/2011.
The room had a mirror above the bed and another huge one on the wall across the the bed.. REALLY!!
The room was clean for the standards of not having a hotel room. No pens I had to go get one from front desk, You pay 25 cents for Ice and the Ice bucket they provide isnt big enough for the Ice that dispenses out since you have to pay for the damn thing... Room smelled a bit.
My son was laying across the bed by the head board and my husband laying across by the foot side of the bed watching TV. My son put his legs on the bed longside and said that the bed is wet, they both immediately jumped off and my husband pulled the sheets off and we discovered that the middle of the bed was wet and the sheets were placed on there WETbut before the fitted sheet were placed the wool like sheet that had the elastic on each corner was on there as well, by now we were in the room about an hour and I called the Manager and he didnt even want to look or inspect it and said that we were there more than 2 hours and that all he can do is provide us with new sheets, and that he has no other room to offer. I barked at the 2 hours by then it was 11:30 pm and told him I want my money back and that he didnt want to remedy the situation. I then called Hotwire and let them know .. they gave a $50 certificate on my account, and told me when I check out they will refund me my money.. They apologized profusely ... He then came back and said he did indeed have another room that we can stay in and we went and took a look at it and it smelled and the carpet was filthy, I just walked out. I did tell him that he first told us we were there for over 2 hours when it was almost an hour and a half and then he said no other rooms and then one turns up in a matter of minutes. He kept arguing over it He never apogolized and kept saying we were there for 2 hours.. (dont know what clock they go off of)... Well by midnight we were out of there and Needless to say I have stayed at many hotels & motels.. This was the worst I have ever seen.. JUST AWFUL!!!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is the most horrible hotel I have ever stayed in. The one bed in our room was like a slab, the other bed was sagging, the pillows smelled, the noise from the neighbors above us was as loud as thunder, the TV had 7 channels, the room smelled musty, every car that passed by could be heard, the air conditioner switched on and off all night and was very loud, went to get something out of my car at midnight and I think I interrupted a drug deal, oh and the breakfast is a joke. The only good thing about this hotel is that it was affordable! We checked out and stayed up the street at the Days Inn which was a huge improvement!

Room Tip: There are none!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

For the value we got it at, it was not worth it. Rooms were old, and dirty. It smelled, and didn't clear out even with the air circulating all night. They served breakfast, but very limited; it's only enough to hold you over until you actually get to a breakfast place.

The bathroom was clean; however. Also, it was conveniently close to the downtown area.

I will know better next time not to stay at this place, even if it's just for a stop over.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Riverside? Share your experiences!