“Great Staff - Good Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Concord, NC
“Great Staff - Good Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

As a Marriott member, I stay true to the brand. Good location right off the 215. Got a corner room with a balcony which was quiet and larger than the normal size rooms. The room was a little dank, I believe it was because they had the temp set too high. Not enough light in the sink/vanity area. I would likely try the Marriott near the convention center next time.

Room Tip: Corner room - quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside Downtown/ UCR Area, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. I have some fantastic news for you. Our rooms will be renovated this year. As you might have notice our lobby area has already been renovated and our rooms are up next. I know that you will be pleased with the finished product. Our goal is to provide our guest with the best guest experience possible to all of our guests. I believe your feedback will help us reach that goal. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Riverside area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
I look forward to speaking with you and wish you a marvelous Monday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff at Courtyard is wonderful. The check in process was very quick and welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable. Their beds were wonderful. We felt like we were at home while staying there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside Downtown/ UCR Area, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations. We truly are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Currently we are in the process of having our rooms renovated floor by floor. As you might have notice our lobby area has already been renovated and our rooms are up next. I know that you will be pleased with the finished product. Our goal is to provide our guest with the best guest experience possible to all of our guests. I believe your feedback will help us reach that goal. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Riverside area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
We look forward to you next visit with us. Have a terrific Tuesday.

Thomas Long
thomas.long1@marriott.com.
Santa Ynez, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had a one-night stay here recently, and while some things were good, others were not-so-good. First, the very comfortable Marriott king bed was present, which is always a plus. Our room was roomy and other guests were quiet, which was also good. I also very much appreciate free wifi in the room and a refrigerator for cold drinks - much needed in hot Riverside. The lobby appears to be recently renovated and looks good. The staff was also polite and attentive. However, there were a number of problems. When we arrived, there was an odd guy hanging out just outside the front entrance. We first thought he was talking on his cell phone on a Bluetooth and then realized quickly that he was just having an elaborate conversation with himself. He made an odd comment to me that I won't repeat, but sort of freaked me out. He was still there after we registered and went to move our car and again later when we left for dinner. The staff really should have had him move along. The back parking lot also did not feel particularly secure to me. The property is near UCR, and like most college towns, the people in the neighborhood are a mixed bag. A little more attention to obvious security for guests and their vehicles is warranted, especially when you're a stranger in town and don't know the lay of the land. Other issues were a very loud air conditioning unit in our room - tough when you are in a hot climate and you need to have it on at night, a very cramped vanity arrangement in the bathroom, a cracked bathtub, and a room that clearly needed a remodel. We were hoping to go sit out by the pool for awhile, but the pool area was tiny and had a ton of kids in it. If the pool area was larger, that wouldn't have been a problem (I get that parents need to take the kids to the pool on a hot day to have some fun and blow off steam) but there is no place for other guests to sit outside and relax. The worst problem by far was the fitness room. The elliptical was out of order and one of the two treadmills was making a loud thumping noise that sounded like the belt was coming loose and I decided it was not safe to use. As a result, there was a line for the one working treadmill (the only other equipment was a recumbent bike that I finally used rather than wait) and a few weights. None of the TVs in the fitness room worked - either on the machines or on the wall. The room was hot and stuffy with no way to adjust the temperature and worst of all, they were out of sanitizing wipes to wipe down the equipment. Basically the condition of the fitness room was completely unacceptable.

We chose this place because it was relatively inexpensive and close to UCR, which we needed. I was expecting Marriott Courtyard standards, which this place does not meet. If I had to go back, I'd definitely go elsewhere, even if it meant being farther away from my destination.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside Downtown/ UCR Area, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I truly regret that you did not have a great experience due to your concerns regarding the property and its security. We do have security that patrols the property at night and staff that walks the property during the day. The hotel is also being renovated floor by floor so the whole property is getting a makeover. I would be more than happy to discuss these issues with you if you would like. Please fill free to contact me via email or you can contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager Thomas Long. Our goal is to provide our guest with the best guest experience possible to all of our guests. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Riverside area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
I look forward to speaking with you and wish you a terrific Thursdays.
Gardena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Angela was able to handle everything professionally & full of charisma all by herself! Angela took the customer's order, handled the cash register, bartended, chef'd up all the food, & waited tables while serving all the customers! Very well organized, great multi-tasking skills & excellent attention to detail! Angela has the characteristics of great leadership! Her passion & determination will bring her much success & make her a true asset to many. I can keep going on about her qualities.. Need I say more?

• Stayed April 2014
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside Downtown/ UCR Area, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members like Angela that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Riverside area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
We look forward to your return visit with us and wish you a marvelous Monday.
Modesto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I am a business traveler and Marriott Gold status.
Simply put this place is a dump.
The lobby is up to date, but the rooms are stuffy, musty, old, and dirty.
The mattresses are worn and dirty too!

I have stayed twice here, and will not return.
If Marriott continues to allow these dumps to operate I will switch to Hilton!
Gym is a joke too, tiny with broken obsolete cardio equipment.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside Downtown/ UCR Area, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I truly regret that your stay experience was affected because your felt the guestroom amenities were out of date. While we strive to keep our hotel and rooms in the best condition possible I understand that you felt it looked out of date. With that said, I have some fantastic news for you. Our rooms will be renovated this year. We plan to start floor renovation next month. As you might have notice our lobby area has already been renovated and our rooms are up next. I know that you will be pleased with the finished product. Our goal is to provide our guest with the best guest experience possible to all of our guests. I believe your feedback will help us reach that goal. Please fill free to contact me via email or you can contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager Thomas Long if you would like to discuss this matter further. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Riverside area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
I look forward to speaking with you and wish you a marvelous Monday.
Gardena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

With all due respect, I don't understand the breakfast service incompetence. I understand it was busy, though how do you keep making mistakes & not giving customers the correct order? This happend both mornings, not just to me personally, also to at least three other customer. The first morning I watched other customers get a wrong order. It was taken away, returned a while later, still not corrected with the same & mistakes. This morning, it took 20 minutes to make a morning scramble. I ordered egg whites, fruit, no potatoes & no toast. I was brought the wrong order. It took another 10 minutes to bring me the same plate with the same scrambled eggs, same potatoes, with toast removed & a small ramkin of fruit. It was set down & the server walked away as I was trying to tell her the order was still incorrect. Nearly 40 minutes & my order could not be made properly. There were other customers who ordered before me, who were still waiting for their order 45 minutes later. I have worked in the food & hospitality industry, both as a server & chef. This is piss poor planning. I don't normally take the time to write reviews, though this was deemed necessary. There needs to be better management & training. On a side note, even when busy during the evening, Angela manages to handle the Bistro quite well all by herself. I will take time to write her a positive review.

• Stayed April 2014
Thomas L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside Downtown/ UCR Area, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I truly regret that you did not have a great Bistro experience. I would be more than happy to discuss Bistro experience with you if you would like. Please fill free to contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager Thomas Long. Our goal is to provide our guest with the best guest experience possible to all of our guests. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Riverside area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
I look forward to speaking with you and wish you a relaxing Wednesday
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Easy check in, everything was ready when we arrived. Room was very clean. Included a frig & microwave. Lots of places for all kinds if food. Recommend Hero restaurant & brewery. Large food portions & good beer. Also went to Dukes which is a little dive bar but friendly. The bartender made us feel comfortable. Talked to us like we were regulars.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside Downtown/ UCR Area, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear njules,
We are so glad you had the chance to experience some of the local restaurants. Riverside is a very friendly place and we all take pride in that. I will pass on your comments to our team here and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Riverside Downtown/ UCR Area? Share your experiences!