“Very good value, pet and family friendly.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very good value, pet and family friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed here for one night, when I needed a decent room at a good price. Check in was fast and easy, they allow pets for an extra fee and there was enough sleeping area for my four children and I. The complimentary breakfast was very nice, and I felt fairly safe on the property. I have paid more for much less. This is a great place to stay if you need a stop that's not far from the freeways or if you are doing things in the area. Close to UCR, movies, fast food, downtown....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have stayed at other Comfort Inns in the past but nothing like this one. Very clean ,quiet, the most comfortable king bed that I have ever slept on and the atmosphere of the room was very plush and comfy. We will definitely stay there again.

Green Features: Very Green friendly!!! The signs are on the bed to conserve by placing towels on rack for reuse. Soaps are environmentally friendly as the lotions and shampoos.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Estella,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Riverside in May and also for the kind words. I will let all of my staff know that their work was praised by you. I'm happy that you noticed our green ways and that you enjoyed our new bedding. If you have any further comments regarding your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're in the Riverside area!

Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The check in was Smooth.
the front desk girl was very friendly and professional. When You Consider The Price , Location And Cleanliness You Can't Go Wrong. I Have Paid Much More For Much Less. I Would Recommend This Hotel And Would Stay Again.

• Stayed March 2014
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! If you have any further comments, do not hesitate to give me a call. I hope you come stay with us again the next time you're in Riverside.

Twentynine Palms, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here the night before surgery at Riverside community hospital. The desk clerk was very nice and the hotel gave me a discount when I mentioned that I was checking in to the hospital the next morning (YAY). My wife and I found the room comfortable if a bit on the small side. Parking was right outside the door. The air conditioner was one of the noisy under window models and gets the usual low marks as a result. I have to point out that this hotel uses those little tiny pillows that allow them to say they provide them without concern for tenant comfort. I did not have time to enjoy the breakfast so I won't include it here. Our stay was pleasant but unremarkable and I would recommend this property to a friend.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the property seem quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hi Rodney,

Thank you very much for leaving an overall positive review on your recent stay with us. I wanted to let you know that we actually have plans in place to upgrade our bedding. We will be upgrading our blankets, sheets, bed skirts, and yes even the pillows! We will offer both soft and firm pillows, as well as an oversized pillow in our single King bed rooms. These changes will take into effect by January 2014. I hope you choose to stay with us again, so you can enjoy these new upgrades. Hopefully you have time to enjoy our hot breakfast too!

Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is overall good value. Free hot breakfast is excellent.
However, the AC in the room is somehow noisy.
The room is clean and large, nothing special.
Staff is friendly but sometimes not in the front desk. I have to wait 20 mins until he comes back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I'd like to thank you for providing such positive feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that your overall stay was a pleasant one. If possible, I'd love talk with you to get some more details on your stay. This will help me better understand and resolve the few problems you encountered. I can reached via email: daniel [at] comfortinnriverside.com or by telephone: 951-683-6000. I hope to speak with you soon!

HERMITAGE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The first thing I noticed when we pulled up to this hotel was the enormous empty space adjoining the parking lot. When I walked into the lobby to check in a man walked up to me and asked me for money. The desk clerk said and did nothing. She then proceeded to answer the phone that was ringing. Once she hung up I attempted to tell her that I was checking in, but she turned away from me to answer the phone again. Eventually I had to interrupt her because I wanted to actually get out of the lobby, which smelled odd, and check in. To say she was rude would be an understatement.

Our room was ok. The furnishings and bedding were industrial looking. We were here for synchronized swimming nationals so our priority was a clean room with a bed, shower and a high functioning a/c unit. The room was stuffy but cooled off fairly quickly.

We went out to eat at a great Mexican restaurant, pulled up at our hotel and discovered that the huge empty space next to our parking lot was being used as a truck stop! Nothing like looking out of your window to see huge trucks. Definitely not good for light sleepers like myself.

The breakfast buffet was basic. The coffee was awful and there wasn't enough seating in the dining area. A new desk clerk was on duty and was super friendly. She filled our portable coolers with ice and suggested some local spots for food and coffee.

The temperature during our trip was 97-107 during the day. We were happy to use the pool, but the water was cloudy and had lots of hair floating in it.

On our 3rd night, while we were doing hair and waiting for room service, a 4" bug crawled out from behind the curtain and went up the wall. Everyone in our room started screaming. I pressed "0" to try to get someone to kill the fastest moving bug any of us had ever seen. At this hotel "0" connected me to another guest's room and she said she wasn't coming to help! Our next door neighbors came over to complain about the yelling, saw the bug and ran back to their room. A man from the office, Jesus, came to our room because of noise complaints and jumped back when he saw - what we were told was a flying cockroach - jump across the room and land on another wall. Jesus killed it and checked our room for more bugs. Thankfully he didn't find any. From that point on shower shoes were mandatory as was keeping our bags closed tight and some of possessions being stored in the trunk of our rental car. No one was really hungry after that.

The next day we came back to the hotel to discover the cleaning lady had our door propped open. I told her about the bug and asked her to keep the door closed. She didn't speak any English and kept reopening the door. Even after seeing our room cleaned it still didn't smell clean. I don't know if it was a dirty rag or the brand of cleaning supplies, but something was musty/stale. We later discovered more mega bugs on the stairs, on the wall of the laundry room and in other guestrooms. Perhaps the propped open doors were to blame.

If I hadn't prepaid for our room, I would have checked out and paid for a room in the Marriott next door.

Room Tip: Choose a room as far away from the truck stop as you can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Janeen,

I'd like to start off by thanking you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. It disappoints me to hear of the problems you experienced and I'd like to sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to par. I aim to provide all of my guests a great overall experience, so they feel comfortable staying with us again. I have taken note of all your comments and will be addressing the issues with the proper department heads and companies we work with. I can assure you that customer service will be the first issue that I will be addressing. My goal is to not only provide great service, but to provide is consistently throughout our guests stay. Because of your valuable feedback, I will be able to make improvements to better accommodate our future guests. If you have any further questions, concerns, or comments, I would love to discuss them with you. I can be reached by calling the hotel phone number at 951-683-6000 or via email at daniel[at]comfortinnriverside.com

Lufkin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

When I made a reservation at this hotel, I didn't realize that it had doors that open out to a noisy parking lot. As a woman traveling alone on this trip, I did not feel very safe! The room was clean, but it had a funny smell that I couldn't identify. When I went down to the lobby, I realized that it had the same smell. Breakfast was good, not great! Powdered, watery eggs, and no microwave to heat up the cold breakfast rolls.

If the staff sees this, it would be a good thing to get a power washer and wash down the walkways, stairs, etc. They were pretty nasty.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us. Although your stay wasn't excellent, I do appreciate you providing us with details on how the property could improve. Feedback like yours is very important as it tells us what we're doing right and what we could improve on. I hope you consider staying with us again if you find yourself in the Riverside area.

Happy Travels,

Daniel Yoon

Been to Comfort Inn University? Share your experiences!