“DISGUSTING” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11043 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, CA 92505 (Formerly Comfort Inn Riverside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 25 hotels in Riverside
Mississauga, Canada
“DISGUSTING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have never been in such a disgusting hotel in my entire life. The list of deficiencies is as follows: no smoke detector, mold under the closet, large red stains all over the chair, stained sink & phone & mattress (probably from red wine), the hairdryer and all the decor were from the late 70's or early 80's, the washroom exhaust fan was non functional and open, the tv was from the 80's and only displayed red and blue, the tv converter had no battery cover so the batteries were held in by scotch tape, the breakfast was pathetic and laid out in what used to be a vacant suite. I left my baggage in the car for the night because I was afraid of bringing home cockroaches or bed bugs. I didn't see either but I was just taking precautions.There was barbed wire in behind the building to keep the riff-raff out as it was in a "not so nice" area. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone, not even my worst enemies. I will upload photos later.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
san diego, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a 2 star hotel - what a joke. It makes Motel 6 look like a 3 star hotel. We were given room #211 - it was unbelievably DIRTY. Mirrored closed doors were cracked AND ready to fall out. Chair was so stained and dirty you wouldn't dare sit down, Walls had significant damage and were being repaired by taping wallpaper over protruding drywall. No smoke detectors, IT WAS DANGEROUS TO STAY HERE. Everything was dirty!

When I approached Shane at the front desk he stated there was nothing he could do about it since they were booked to capacity. I then asked him to review the room with me. He was embarassed and said he didn't realize it was that bad. Suddenly he had a room on the 4th floor which was equal to a Motel 6. It was a definite improvement but only a 1 star rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SoCal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed one night with two friends and we moved some stuff around in the room (NOTE: moved not damaged in any way). Next thing I know I have a $100 charge on my card (aside from what I paid for the room itself), I disputed the charge with the manager and he would not refund more than $50, so I took it and disputed the remaining $50 with my credit card (mind you he admits nothing was broken but claims he had to hire someone to move everything back where it was) then he calls me to come and discuss the matter in person - when I arrived, he pulled a gun and threatened to shoot me (literally) the authorities were called and I, for one, will gladly sleep on the sidewalk before I ever step foot in this place again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
gmca775, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I did not have a gun and your accusation are false. I hope you find other lodging where you can remove items off wall and place furniture and pictures in their jacuzzi tubs. I know you said you were drunk but that is not an excuse for your actions.
Quinton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights. Got off to a bad start when attempted to take my luggage using the elevator. The cleaning staff held it up on the 2nd floor, then when it finally arrived, it still had their laundry shuttles in the elevator. There wasn't any room to board with my rolling luggage. The room wasn't too bad, a lot of little things wrong with it (e.g. missing stopper in sink, large black smudge on the sheets of one of the beds that was never replaced during my stay, etc.) First morning went to continental breakfast, and there was no coffee. Not much food left either, so I just went out. Several nights had very noisy neighbors and slamming doors. I was in town for business. The room rate was not expensive, so I guess this is more like an economy hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked reservation and paid 317 at check-in for 4 night stay. paid with credit card in full. found a pending charge on credit card statement next morning put through by hotel itself, to cover "potential damages". the charge was 123. nothing was explained at check in, which is deceitful. and, how can one charge for something that hasn't happened and won't. it's highway robbery. now my credit card is tied up for days. most importantly, the deceptive business practice is illegal, and what kind of people stay here that this kind of extravagant non-fee must be accrued. why should i, a decent law abiding business traveller be punished for the acts of others?

Room Tip: ask about this 40% surcharge before you actually check in. you might change your mind and find a pla...
Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Soooo not good ! at first i thought it would be great. the room was big and the day manager was extremely pleasant and kind. his kindness unfortunately was the nicest thing about our stay. and far surpassed by the lack of customer care that the night manager provided.

when i turned on the whirlpool jets a huge clump of slimy black hair flew out.
there were no sheets for the sleeper pull out. when i asked the night manager for sheets she told me the room wasn't supposed to have a pull out !! i explained that the only reason i took the room was because it had a pullout for the kids to sleep on and she again said "well it's not supposed to have one". I said regardless of your opinion there is one and my kids need sheets and blankets to sleep on.

she said fine she'd get me some sheets, when i went to leave to return to my room she said "i'm not bringing them up" and hurried over to hand them to me.

i pulled out the sleeper and found black stuff on the mattress, bugs or not thats what the kids thought it was they were totally grossed out.

when i spread out the comforter it had a huge stain right in the middle that looked like PEE. i tried to get the kids to stop freaking out and said let's just turn it over. it smelled like bleach so i'm sure it was clean but when we flipped it over the stain was even bigger and darker on the other side.

back down to the night manager to ask for a non PEE blanket and she huffed about it and said she'd bring me a new one. i stepped on the elevator and before the door could close she shoved a jenky cheap brown fleece like blanket thru the elevator door. when i spread that out it had HOLES IN IT !!!

there were dead bugs in the light fixtures.

it was the worst hotel stay ever. my kids felt better sleeping on the floor than they did in the bed !!

NEVER AGAIN ... don't believe me? I TOOK PICTURES !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Booked room off Priceline. Photos available are very much deceiving. Hotel in general was dirty. Room smelled horrible. Chair had large hole in it. Bedspreads were filthy. There was blood on the curtains. Closet door (mirror) was cracked. Shower/tub was awful. Walls and doors were dirty. No desk chair. Carpet had so many stains. AC did not work. The only good thing was the location- easy to find, right off interstate.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!