“Always good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
San diego
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Consistent. Clean. Quiet. Polite staff. I have had over 700 nights in hotels since 2009. I've seen it all. Not every stay is this hotel is perfect but 95% are!

Room service is reliable. Concierge lounge - well stocked and has a great staff. Great hotel

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Cypress, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights while our daughter competed in Soccer Nationals so the hotel was booked!! Even though it was booked we still received excellent customer service. Front desk, housekeeping and the concierge lounge was excellent.....and I highly recommend paying the extra for the concierge lounge which allows you to visit the lounge with snacks/food/drinks, although it's only Monday through Friday but the food and the lounge were great, as well as the patio outside over looking the city. We didn't get to visit their restaurant or bar but the waitress that served us a the pool was great. The hotel was very nice as well as our Jr Suite. Also, you can park the car and walk around downtown to visit restaurants and Mission Inn. I recommend Heroes to eat, it is only a couple blocks away and a perfect scenery walk. I would definitely stay here again next year.

Room Tip: We had a family of 4 and had the Jr Suite. I believe it was an excellent choice and that it made our...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We recently received a two-nite complimentary stay at a Marriott property, so we elected to travel to Riverside, California, and visit the Inland Empire for the 4th of July. The visit to Riverside/San Bernardino and surrounding areas was relaxing and enjoyable, EXCEPT for the Riverside Marriott Hotel! The hotel was extremely dirty, very noisy, over-run with unattended kids... The Concierge Lounge was a TOTAL MESS with little or no breakfast items left for the Platinum Members! And if one drove a car and parked at this hotel, you can forget about the parking...it filled up early and only left street parking even for those frequent Marriott Rewards Members. There is a great hotel just two blocks away, The Mission Inn! We should have stayed there and saved the complimentary stays for a much better hotel! The Riverside Marriott is a really, really, BAD hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Should you wish to discuss your stay at my hotel in further detail, please feel free to contact me on my direct line at 951-786-7108.

Kind Regards,
Chad Thompson
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Business took me to Riverside and San Bernardino in the past 8 years, and this is THE place for value in loging and food. Mission Inn nearby maybe slight cheaper but the rooms are much dated and musty. Great hotels are judge by attention to details. If you are gold status in Marriott reward program or higher, this is best club lounge in the area, period. The new property manager added soccer to the sports channel and kept the pool warm and clean at all time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is the best hotel in Riverside. Not just because of it location or amenities but because of its customer service staff. Wow what a great staff, from the time I checked in to the time I drove away the staff was always there and ready to make this one of the best stays I have ever had in the Riverside area.

Victorville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I thought it was overpriced (the Mission Inn was cheaper) and we stayed one nite for a graduation commencement at UC Riverside. No valet, we had to pay for parking...amazing. Check in time was 3pm and our room wasn't ready until almost 4:30. I had made reservation 3 weeks earlier and chose this since the Mission Inn was booked. I asked for adjoining rooms, one with a king and one with 2 queens or fulls. Didn't get it anything we asked and our rooms couldn't have been further apart. Also, no soap...a small vial of hand soap for hands and shower, just didn't cut it. Had to go buy soap. The room was just as nice and clean as the one we had in Laughlin (same decor) that we paid $30 a nite. The only nice thing I can say is that the front desk luggage handlers were actually the best, friendly, helpful and genuinely nice people. Sadly, I won't be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest, I first would like to apologize that your room wasn't ready at time of check-in and that we were not able to accommodate your request for adjoining rooms. We do try our very best to meet the needs of all our guests but every so often we do fail. However, I'm happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service you were provided by our team members and that they were friendly, helpful and genuinely nice people. We pride ourselves on customer service and only wish to have a second chance to have you back as our guest in the near future. Please contact me directly to make your next reservation should you wish to return. Again, sorry you weren't 100% satisfied but I do appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards, Chad Thompson/General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed here as part of a road trip to move my brother-in-law and were very pleased with our stay. We drove in with a U-Haul and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us by allowing us to use the spot normally reserved for the Hotel Shuttle/Van so we could park the U-Haul. The lobby area is very nice, including a nice bar and restaurant area. The business center was in great shape, which I can't say about other Marriott properties I've stayed at recently. The room was really nice, clean, and quiet. The hotel is very close to good restaurant options as well. Overall, this is a great value and should be highly considered when staying in Riverside.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your most recent visit. It was our pleasure to allow you to park your U-Haul truck in our shuttle area. We know sometimes parking large trucks can be an issue when traveling to different locations so I am happy that we could accommodate your parking needs. We are also happy that you liked our lobby area and our bar. I'm gald you noted our location to downtown restaurants as well because we also find that to be a great amenity for all our guests. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future. Kind Regards - Chad Thompson/General Manager.

Been to Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!