“Always a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Camarillo, California
“Always a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Riverside Marriott is my favorite Marriott to stay at when traveling for work. The hotel is always clean and nice, but the staff there are second to none. Always friendly and they go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. The concierge lounge is always stocked with something good to drink or eat, the bartenders downstairs at the bar are friendly, will make you laugh and great service. Their rooms and closing doors are very quiet. A great restaurant to go to is just a few blocks away called the "Salted Pig" for casual dining and fun. Food and beer are excellent. Many other places around the hotel that are within walking distance like Starbucks, CVS, etc. No hotels are perfect, but this one tries very hard to be, and is consistently great.

Room Tip: All of their rooms are nice, but I always like to be on the pool side best or a suite with a patio i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was one of our most memorable trips to Riverside, California. Even in the middle of summer (100 plus degrees). I must confess that we are elite members. Being so, whether through credit card or other means, has it advantages, especially at this hotel. The concierge lounge is one of the best at any Marriott. The food is wonderful in both the lounge and the restaurant areas. The staff are always pleasant and accommodating. The hotel itself is perfectly located (near a children's museum and near all freeways). There is even a Coffee Bean located near by and great shopping through the Courtyard. The swimming pool, although outdoors, is fantastic. We love this hotel and will continue to stay here.

Finally, we would like to compliment the management at this Marriott. Of all the Marriotts we have stayed at, the management at this hotel is the finest. We often see the manager at the front desk greeting guests and she makes everyone feel welcome. Should you have any problems, definitely ask for her and she will do her best to accommodate you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CassiF3400, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Marriott Riverside and for your continued support of the Marriott brand. We always strive to provide the highest quality service to all our guests and we are happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations in many areas including staff service, location, food and more. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Riverside!

Huntersville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

As a Marriott, the hotel was pretty good. It is conveniently located in the downtown area with clean and cozy rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, great selections on shower necessities, nice pools and hot tub, etc. However, I was a bit confused with the elite member rewards policy as it only applies to the member and one guest. As somebody that has been very loyal to Marriott, it was disconcerting to find that this Marriott does not extend the perks to the rest of the family members that stay in the same room. As a family, we would like to enjoy our meal or time together during our vacation. Our experience indicated that Marriott does not support that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We sincerely appreciate our Marriott members, as we know there are many options went traveling. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at the Marriott Riverside and for your continued loyalty. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our cozy rooms and other great amenities, and hope you and your family will allow us the opportunity to earn back you patronage. While the rewards policy only applies to the member, our property extends those rewards to one guest to exceed our member’s service experience. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Recently returned from a 6 night stay at Riverside Marriott. This property is in the downtown area of Riverside. Convenient parking garage right next door to hotel -- charges $8 per night--- very convenient and safe. Property sits on Market and there is a CVS Drug store and Starbucks across the street. Out the other door you are a block or two away from the Mission Inn with an assortment of restaurants as well as other cute shops and restaurants in the area. One one side of the building there is construction at the convention center. We were not on that side so unaffected but did speak to others who were bothered by it so may want to try to stay on another side.
Rooms were comfy with crisp duvet covers and updated decor. Quick Wifi. Met Marriott standards. Our room had a great view of the mountains out the window and it was quite pretty. There was a pool and hot tub in a pretty courtyard setting that was quite pleasant to sit out there in the evenings. Will say the chlorine was AWFUL in the hot tub. My eyes started tearing the second I got in.
Ordered room service once. The pizza came hot and was quite tasty for hotel pizza. Quick. Had a salad in the lounge another night and it was good to very good. At breakfast the buffet in the restaurant has a very worthwhile goat cheese and spinach eggwhite omelet. I'm usually not too much on hotel food but it was very tasty.
Staff was all very nice however I debated on only giving this property a 3 versus 4 rating. I used points for 5 nights of my stay and was paying for the other night. The 800 reservations number had to help me set it up and I called the night before we left to make sure they had the reservation correct. They did not and fixed it while we spoke on the phone. Then upon arrival they had the reservation all messed up and showed me only staying several days. Had to give them a copy of my printout and they told me I'd need to come to the desk the next morning to talk to the manager to get correct. Then when I stopped the next morning the clerk told me there was nothing wrong at all with my reservation. Then my last night they called my cell while I was at Disneyland and asked me if I still needed two rooms (only had one) ?????????? Guess it could have been worse as they could have had me showing no rooms. Just very poor organizationally that they can't follow printed reservations from the corporate website.
However, that issue aside it was a fine property and very convenient for our stay. Would not hesitate to recommend to others or stay there myself in the future.

Room Tip: Pick side that does not face the convention center until they get construction complete
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your feedback. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations, and while we are happy to hear the amenities and location provided a good experience, we are sorry to have fallen short in other areas. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further, as we hope to welcome you back during your next stay in Riverside.

Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very nice hotel, great rates, and extremely friendly and helpful staff. I had made a special request when booking the two rooms. A couple days before checking I received a phone call from Courtney. She wanted to make sure my request would be taken care of properly. Wow! I was pleasantly surprises. Checked in my request had been taken care. The room was clean and comfortable- standard Marriott room (which is great). I had access to the concierge lounge for breakfast. The breakfast was awesome. Silvia, the hostess, was very friendly, and helpful. Great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff. It is our goal to exceed guest expectations with every stay, and I am glad to hear we achieved that goal during your stay. I have given your feedback to the staff, and we hope to welcome you back soon during your next visit.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

About what you'd expect from a Marriott in a midsize city for around $150/nt. Clean rooms, decorated quite similarly to those of other Marriotts at which I've stayed. Comfortable bed. Decent workspace, and the wifi worked well throughout my stay. I was on the other side of the hotel from the construction, and on a high floor, so I had no noise problems from the outside. The interior walls were somewhat thin and hallway noise could be heard in my room at a loud volume.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay at the Marriott Riverside, and for your patronage of the Marriott brand. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy the amenities we offer including a comfortable bed and wifi. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Riverside.

Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for a karting event at the Adams Motorpark, that is conveniently very close to the hotel. The hotel has a secured parking garage for $8 per stay. Downtown Riverside looks fixed up since my last visit many years before, but still we felt safer with extra security.
The lobby area is very pleasant, and tastefully decorated. The staff is polite and helpful. There is a bar and restaurant near the lobby. Breakfast was not included in the room price, but for $15 they served all you can eat breakfast with made to order omelets. Food selection was standard, though I loved that they had lots of fresh berries.
WI-FI is free for return guests with rewards membership. It is free to join, so I suggest to join before making a reservation.
The room choices are king or two double beds. We stayed one night in two double, then one night in a king bed room. The beds are firm, with quality bedding. Most of the pillows were too thick and hard for my taste. None of our rooms had refrigerator, nor microwave oven. The ice bucket and the coffee maker was kinda' hidden under the TV in the cabinet. The two double room was a little tight, but the king was nice and spacious. Both rooms were very clean and well maintained. The first room faced the pool, that can be noisy from guests. It is open till 11pm, that is good news with kids, but bad news for adults wanting to rest. The pool area was clean also.
The other side is facing an ongoing construction, that can be annoying. Since we stayed at the weekend, it was fine for us.
The hotel is walking distance to restaurants. One of our friends did not like the fish he ate the night before at the hotel's restaurant, so we decided to go out. We chose an Italian restaurant that was excellent. I think it was called Trattoria.

Room Tip: Both sides have advantages or disadvantages. Rooms are well insulated for sound, but pool side can b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!