“Marriott Riverside June Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Columbus, OH
“Marriott Riverside June Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Recently returned from a 6 night stay at Riverside Marriott. This property is in the downtown area of Riverside. Convenient parking garage right next door to hotel -- charges $8 per night--- very convenient and safe. Property sits on Market and there is a CVS Drug store and Starbucks across the street. Out the other door you are a block or two away from the Mission Inn with an assortment of restaurants as well as other cute shops and restaurants in the area. One one side of the building there is construction at the convention center. We were not on that side so unaffected but did speak to others who were bothered by it so may want to try to stay on another side.
Rooms were comfy with crisp duvet covers and updated decor. Quick Wifi. Met Marriott standards. Our room had a great view of the mountains out the window and it was quite pretty. There was a pool and hot tub in a pretty courtyard setting that was quite pleasant to sit out there in the evenings. Will say the chlorine was AWFUL in the hot tub. My eyes started tearing the second I got in.
Ordered room service once. The pizza came hot and was quite tasty for hotel pizza. Quick. Had a salad in the lounge another night and it was good to very good. At breakfast the buffet in the restaurant has a very worthwhile goat cheese and spinach eggwhite omelet. I'm usually not too much on hotel food but it was very tasty.
Staff was all very nice however I debated on only giving this property a 3 versus 4 rating. I used points for 5 nights of my stay and was paying for the other night. The 800 reservations number had to help me set it up and I called the night before we left to make sure they had the reservation correct. They did not and fixed it while we spoke on the phone. Then upon arrival they had the reservation all messed up and showed me only staying several days. Had to give them a copy of my printout and they told me I'd need to come to the desk the next morning to talk to the manager to get correct. Then when I stopped the next morning the clerk told me there was nothing wrong at all with my reservation. Then my last night they called my cell while I was at Disneyland and asked me if I still needed two rooms (only had one) ?????????? Guess it could have been worse as they could have had me showing no rooms. Just very poor organizationally that they can't follow printed reservations from the corporate website.
However, that issue aside it was a fine property and very convenient for our stay. Would not hesitate to recommend to others or stay there myself in the future.

Room Tip: Pick side that does not face the convention center until they get construction complete
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your feedback. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations, and while we are happy to hear the amenities and location provided a good experience, we are sorry to have fallen short in other areas. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further, as we hope to welcome you back during your next stay in Riverside.

Cassiopeia Figueroa, Guest Relations 951-784-8000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very nice hotel, great rates, and extremely friendly and helpful staff. I had made a special request when booking the two rooms. A couple days before checking I received a phone call from Courtney. She wanted to make sure my request would be taken care of properly. Wow! I was pleasantly surprises. Checked in my request had been taken care. The room was clean and comfortable- standard Marriott room (which is great). I had access to the concierge lounge for breakfast. The breakfast was awesome. Silvia, the hostess, was very friendly, and helpful. Great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff. It is our goal to exceed guest expectations with every stay, and I am glad to hear we achieved that goal during your stay. I have given your feedback to the staff, and we hope to welcome you back soon during your next visit.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

About what you'd expect from a Marriott in a midsize city for around $150/nt. Clean rooms, decorated quite similarly to those of other Marriotts at which I've stayed. Comfortable bed. Decent workspace, and the wifi worked well throughout my stay. I was on the other side of the hotel from the construction, and on a high floor, so I had no noise problems from the outside. The interior walls were somewhat thin and hallway noise could be heard in my room at a loud volume.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay at the Marriott Riverside, and for your patronage of the Marriott brand. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy the amenities we offer including a comfortable bed and wifi. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Riverside.

Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for a karting event at the Adams Motorpark, that is conveniently very close to the hotel. The hotel has a secured parking garage for $8 per stay. Downtown Riverside looks fixed up since my last visit many years before, but still we felt safer with extra security.
The lobby area is very pleasant, and tastefully decorated. The staff is polite and helpful. There is a bar and restaurant near the lobby. Breakfast was not included in the room price, but for $15 they served all you can eat breakfast with made to order omelets. Food selection was standard, though I loved that they had lots of fresh berries.
WI-FI is free for return guests with rewards membership. It is free to join, so I suggest to join before making a reservation.
The room choices are king or two double beds. We stayed one night in two double, then one night in a king bed room. The beds are firm, with quality bedding. Most of the pillows were too thick and hard for my taste. None of our rooms had refrigerator, nor microwave oven. The ice bucket and the coffee maker was kinda' hidden under the TV in the cabinet. The two double room was a little tight, but the king was nice and spacious. Both rooms were very clean and well maintained. The first room faced the pool, that can be noisy from guests. It is open till 11pm, that is good news with kids, but bad news for adults wanting to rest. The pool area was clean also.
The other side is facing an ongoing construction, that can be annoying. Since we stayed at the weekend, it was fine for us.
The hotel is walking distance to restaurants. One of our friends did not like the fish he ate the night before at the hotel's restaurant, so we decided to go out. We chose an Italian restaurant that was excellent. I think it was called Trattoria.

Room Tip: Both sides have advantages or disadvantages. Rooms are well insulated for sound, but pool side can b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We are staying on second floor directly above the firepit. There was no insulation against the noise. We finally called the front desk when they had not quitened down by 10 pm.

They said they would send security. The group did not quiet down.

We will make sure we are not placed in a room that faces the pool or firepit again.

• Stayed May 2013
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your feedback. We always review our guest feedback with all departments, as the information you provide allows us to further improve the hotel and strive for exceptional guest service. I am sorry to hear about the noise issue, and hope we have to opportunity to earn back your patronage during your next visit to Riverside.

Del Mar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Less than a block from a Starbucks, convenient garage parking. Nice lobby and bar area. Fitness center is very clean and the equipment is in good shape. Room is nice, albeit a bit crowded (mini-refrigerator + micro + 2 beds + furniture + +). Friendly lobby. Decent outdoor pool (hotel pool, don't go thinking resort pool). Elevators were a bit slow (hotel was pretty full the weekend we were there).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our central location in downtown Riverside. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel’s great amenities including fitness center, garage parking and friendly staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I chose this hotel because I have always been loyal to the Marriott brand, I have come to enjoy knowing what to expect with a hotel. I must mention that I am an elite member with Marriott and I am not sure if that had any bearing on the way I was treated by the entire staff, but I feel the need to be fair and make that known. When I stay at a hotel there are several things that I look at. Below is a synopsis of my experience.

Property: The property is very nice and is in a good area. There is nothing that stands out but the property is very clean and well groomed. Parking is in a separate structure but is just steps from the hotel, felt very safe, The property is also just steps from the downtown dining area and the Mission Inn which is a true sight to see. I was very happy with the ability to walk just about everywhere. It was also a pleasant surprise that there was a farmers market Saturday morning.

Room: The room was very nice, I was upgraded to the Junior Suite, and they did the upgrade as a comp ( I think it had to do with the elite status). The Jacuzzi tub in the room was a really nice touch and was very clean. I was a bit disappointed with the shower in the room. While the rest of the room and property as a whole was spectacularly clean, the shower left something to be desired. I was shocked to see that the floor was pealing and there was calcium build up all over the door. Marriott really should be paying attention to the details like that, especially in a suite. Other than that I was extremely satisfied with the room.

Service: I was very happy that every member of the staff treated me as though I was a valued member of the Marriott family. It felt like the staff was falling over themselves to make sure that we were being taken care of. The only problem that we had was when we had turn down service scheduled they did not come and I had to call and have the room serviced when I returned for the night. I am truly impressed with the feel that this Marriott has created with the friendliness of there staff. GO MANAGEMENT!

The Bottom Line: The hotel offers great rates and a boatload of service with modern clean rooms. It is a very versatile property and would work great for all kinds of guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!