“About What You'd Expect” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in Riverside
Maryland
“About What You'd Expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

About what you'd expect from a Marriott in a midsize city for around $150/nt. Clean rooms, decorated quite similarly to those of other Marriotts at which I've stayed. Comfortable bed. Decent workspace, and the wifi worked well throughout my stay. I was on the other side of the hotel from the construction, and on a high floor, so I had no noise problems from the outside. The interior walls were somewhat thin and hallway noise could be heard in my room at a loud volume.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Marriott, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay at the Marriott Riverside, and for your patronage of the Marriott brand. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy the amenities we offer including a comfortable bed and wifi. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Riverside.

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for a karting event at the Adams Motorpark, that is conveniently very close to the hotel. The hotel has a secured parking garage for $8 per stay. Downtown Riverside looks fixed up since my last visit many years before, but still we felt safer with extra security.
The lobby area is very pleasant, and tastefully decorated. The staff is polite and helpful. There is a bar and restaurant near the lobby. Breakfast was not included in the room price, but for $15 they served all you can eat breakfast with made to order omelets. Food selection was standard, though I loved that they had lots of fresh berries.
WI-FI is free for return guests with rewards membership. It is free to join, so I suggest to join before making a reservation.
The room choices are king or two double beds. We stayed one night in two double, then one night in a king bed room. The beds are firm, with quality bedding. Most of the pillows were too thick and hard for my taste. None of our rooms had refrigerator, nor microwave oven. The ice bucket and the coffee maker was kinda' hidden under the TV in the cabinet. The two double room was a little tight, but the king was nice and spacious. Both rooms were very clean and well maintained. The first room faced the pool, that can be noisy from guests. It is open till 11pm, that is good news with kids, but bad news for adults wanting to rest. The pool area was clean also.
The other side is facing an ongoing construction, that can be annoying. Since we stayed at the weekend, it was fine for us.
The hotel is walking distance to restaurants. One of our friends did not like the fish he ate the night before at the hotel's restaurant, so we decided to go out. We chose an Italian restaurant that was excellent. I think it was called Trattoria.

Room Tip: Both sides have advantages or disadvantages. Rooms are well insulated for sound, but pool side can b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We are staying on second floor directly above the firepit. There was no insulation against the noise. We finally called the front desk when they had not quitened down by 10 pm.

They said they would send security. The group did not quiet down.

We will make sure we are not placed in a room that faces the pool or firepit again.

• Stayed May 2013
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Marriott, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your feedback. We always review our guest feedback with all departments, as the information you provide allows us to further improve the hotel and strive for exceptional guest service. I am sorry to hear about the noise issue, and hope we have to opportunity to earn back your patronage during your next visit to Riverside.

Del Mar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Less than a block from a Starbucks, convenient garage parking. Nice lobby and bar area. Fitness center is very clean and the equipment is in good shape. Room is nice, albeit a bit crowded (mini-refrigerator + micro + 2 beds + furniture + +). Friendly lobby. Decent outdoor pool (hotel pool, don't go thinking resort pool). Elevators were a bit slow (hotel was pretty full the weekend we were there).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Marriott, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our central location in downtown Riverside. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel’s great amenities including fitness center, garage parking and friendly staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I chose this hotel because I have always been loyal to the Marriott brand, I have come to enjoy knowing what to expect with a hotel. I must mention that I am an elite member with Marriott and I am not sure if that had any bearing on the way I was treated by the entire staff, but I feel the need to be fair and make that known. When I stay at a hotel there are several things that I look at. Below is a synopsis of my experience.

Property: The property is very nice and is in a good area. There is nothing that stands out but the property is very clean and well groomed. Parking is in a separate structure but is just steps from the hotel, felt very safe, The property is also just steps from the downtown dining area and the Mission Inn which is a true sight to see. I was very happy with the ability to walk just about everywhere. It was also a pleasant surprise that there was a farmers market Saturday morning.

Room: The room was very nice, I was upgraded to the Junior Suite, and they did the upgrade as a comp ( I think it had to do with the elite status). The Jacuzzi tub in the room was a really nice touch and was very clean. I was a bit disappointed with the shower in the room. While the rest of the room and property as a whole was spectacularly clean, the shower left something to be desired. I was shocked to see that the floor was pealing and there was calcium build up all over the door. Marriott really should be paying attention to the details like that, especially in a suite. Other than that I was extremely satisfied with the room.

Service: I was very happy that every member of the staff treated me as though I was a valued member of the Marriott family. It felt like the staff was falling over themselves to make sure that we were being taken care of. The only problem that we had was when we had turn down service scheduled they did not come and I had to call and have the room serviced when I returned for the night. I am truly impressed with the feel that this Marriott has created with the friendliness of there staff. GO MANAGEMENT!

The Bottom Line: The hotel offers great rates and a boatload of service with modern clean rooms. It is a very versatile property and would work great for all kinds of guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My company recently had a 2 day event at this location consisting of a training room to accommodate 40 people, all day catering (coffee and snacks) and lunch for both days. The location of the hotel was very close to a fun area with a lot of places to take clients for dinner.

The staff at this Marriott was the best I have encountered for this hotel chain. Everyone was friendly and helpful- catering staff, front desk, concierge, room services, et. al. Fantastic mood and morale at this site.

The rates were reasonable, however my company gets a good discount because we do a lot of business with Marriott. The catering was excellent and I didn't hear one complain from my customers. The climate control was handled by the engineer who changed it several times at my request throughout the day. He also unscrewed a few lights shining on my projector screen at my request and was very prompt.

The catering menu is really good and the afternoon snacks were a big hit. The first day was churros and funnel cakes with lots of topping choices. Excellent!

The lobby, bar and restaurant areas were comfortable and relaxing with good decor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Marriott, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for sharing your event experience at the Marriott Riverside. Our staff works very hard to give all our guests a quality experience, and we are happy that you and your clients enjoyed excellent service highlighted with a great catering menu and good décor. We would like to thank you and your company for your continued support of the Marriott Riverside and hope to welcome you back soon.

Augusto Estebar, Director of Rooms 951-784-8000.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I SPENT $481.84 in advance for 4 nights at the Riverside Downtown Marriot. It was high and I knew it, but, my little princess doesn't like to stay in dives. However, as a seasoned traveler, I was surrprised and shocked to find out that on top of my $ 482 room robbery, I would be required to spend another 8 bucks a night for parking and 13 bucks a day for wi fi access in my room. Buyer beware. If I had not paid in advance, I would be gone in a flash. Asit is, I'm stuck.. But, rest assured, I will never set foot in another Marriot Hotel for the remainder of my pitiful life. I'm not stunned anymore, I'm MAD! I'm livid..

• Stayed March 2013
socialmediacoord, General Manager at Riverside Marriott, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Riverside Marriott. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can better improve the hotel. I do want to take this opportunity and address some of your concerns.

As a seasoned traveler, I am sure you are aware that your rate was very competitive compared to surrounding hotels and due to the demand in the market place, it was very reasonable. As with any full service Marriott, there is a charge for internet access. We do offer free internet access in our lobby. This is typical in most hotel chains where they do charge for internet at their full service hotels. I do believe though during your stay your internet charges were waived by one of our desk agents, I am pleased that we were able to accommodate that request. During your visit I am sure you noticed that parking is very limited in Riverside. Parking is a charge at most downtown hotels in any city, just for this reason. We certainly don’t want to overcharge and again we are in line with our competition.

Again your feedback is much appreciated and I do hope I was able to explain the operation side of our business. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and I do hope you allow us to serve you again in the not too distant future.

Keith Johnson, General Manager 951-784-8000

Been to Riverside Marriott? Share your experiences!