“Extremely Rude Staff - Avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 stars

Budget Inn Riverside
1911 University Avenue, Riverside, CA 92507   |
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Riverside
“Extremely Rude Staff - Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

I had a friend come to America, from Canada, for a visit. I would not suggest this place to anyone. Why? Let me explain the multiple situations that happened while she stayed there.

1 - They disconnected her phone while she was staying there, for no reason.

2 - Her child was injured back home and medical staff and family were trying to contact her during this time. The staff that answered kept telling the callers she wasn't in her room, when she actually was. The staff didn't even bother to check. Extremely bad considering this involved a child. Would you want to know when someone you loved was injured and then be sluffed off by staff who didn't care to even attempt to see if you're in your room?

3 - When she found out her phone was off, she went downstairs to the lady and the person there was to busy talking on their cell phone and kept waving at my friend in a 'shoo, go away' manner like she was an annoyance. How would a typical parent take such behavior?

4 - The staff's communication ability is super poor as one person told her she could stay an hour or two past her check out period. However this ended up not happening. Instead she had an old person knocking on her door and screaming, yes screaming, at her to get out... in Spanish. Apparently the hotel staff doesn't have many English speaking people there.

5 - They made her sit outside, in the sun, for several hours in 93+ degree weather. With all her luggage.

6 - As she was opening the drapes to her room she was hit in the eye with a screw. What did the staff do? Waved her away like an annoyance. Being my friend is from Canada she is unfamiliar with the hospitals here. The staff did not even give care.

Honestly, I cannot believe the sheer unprofessionalism and lack courtesy towards clients/guests. I was shocked by the behavior of the maids, the people at the front desk, and this overall experience.

As a human being I would strongly suggest avoiding this place unless you are into being treated worse than a dog.

• Stayed June 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

I'm not to sure where the other people that reviewed before me stayed but it couldn't have been at the Budget Inn. They had people in and out of that motel all hours of the night; most of them were not even guest. We knew we were in a bad place when we saw a hooker getting arrested outside the motel. This part of University Ave was very ghetto and I would have rather stayed closer to the college. The rooms were very "cheap motel" and it really smelled like smoke in a non smoking room. I would never stay there again. This "amazing owner" was nowhere in sight, not even when I asked to talk to him about switching rooms. My colleague and I stayed at The Budget Inn because the Dynasty Suites down the street was sold out. Next time we will either book early with Dynasty Suites or pay a little extra and stay at the Marriott.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The location and the way we were treated
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

I stayed in the Budget Inn for a few nights during a conference at UC Riverside recently. I was looking for something a little cheaper than those the conference organisers recommended and the Budget in was PERFECT. Clean rooms, comfy beds, wifi and only 15 mins walk to campus.

The owner was super nice. He gave me a lift down to the station when I was leaving and wouldn't take a tip!

You would struggle to find better value in Riverside and you would struggle to find friendlier staff anywhere!!

• Liked — Value and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

This motel offered us a clean and comfortable room, for a relatively cheap price. We were also very happy with the friendly and helpfull attitude of the owner. As this was our first visit to Riverside, and to the US in general, his advice and help made us feel welcome and helped us a lot in getting around the first days.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Inn Riverside? Share your experiences!