“Excellent find” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Chandler, Arizona
“Excellent find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We loved the vibe. Friday night, pretty busy. We chose to sit on the patio. Very nice atmosphere. Beer is good! Wish they had growlers, but server said soon. Food is delish & large portions. From AZ but we will return to this great find.

Riverside, California
“Not for Old People”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went there at 6:30 pm on Friday night. Very busy, no hostess. Had to wait for the "Guy in the Hat" who took our name. Waited 30 mins. Four (4) other groups from four (4) to six (6) people, all without reservations came in anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes after us and were seated instantly. Couldn't help but notice they were all attractive young women in party clothes and we were a couple of fat old farts. Couldn't even get somebodies attention after they "took our name".

Ok, I certainly get it, they don't want my business as I look "wrong". Reminds me of when I got spit on when I was in the Army in the 1970's. I find the business name "heroes" more than a bit ironic.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Adams, Tennessee
“So Good, I Had to Go Twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Was in town for business and was looking for something quick. My friend and I stumbled across this place and what a great decision. We sat at the bar, has some very fine suds from their brewery, and ate one of the best hamburgers I have had in a very long time.

Bar staff was great, the atmosphere was clean, classy, and it was just as good the next night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Great atmosphere ... food okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have gone to this restaurant four times since it recently opened. Twice as a couple and twice with friends. It is a fun, festive, noisy, bright place ... bags of peanuts are brought to your table ... you throw the shells on the floor ... who wouldn't love that?
I just can't get excited about the menu ... have had the cobb salad, the half sandwich and bowl of soup twice, and a hamburger ...and they were all decent, but nothing to write home about. So I think the whole appeal is the fun factor ... which isn't a bad thing.
One thing that can get tedious: the waitstaff is not assigned to any particular table, so any one of them can take your order, deliver your order, check on your order ... etc. Because they are so conscientious about checking on tables, you can have 7 or 8 different people asking you, "How is everything?" "Is everything okay?" " How is it going?" etc. etc.
After answering three or four times, you want to wave your napkin in defeat! "Just let me eat, please!"
Focus on the fun ... and Riverside has sorely needed a restaurant like this for some time ... especially in the downtown area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Riverside, California
“GUTBUSTER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Come here with a big appetite, someone who loves to share or enjoy lots of leftovers! Huge portions...huge flavor! Burgers, sandwiches, salads and a dinner menu....very attentive wait staff. They give you peanuts in the shell when you first walk in but save your appetite for the meal! Great place to stop in for something casual or you want a drink. Sports pub vibe with two bars located on each end of the restaurant. Have tried a couple of the sandwiches...burger...excellent! Can't go wrong with a stop here...best value for the price!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere