“Very bad experience please read.” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 621 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: University
Transit: Express Catering Services available. Please contact Linda Larrauri at 858-860-0382 ext. 101 for more details.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Very bad experience please read.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Dear Groupon:

We need to PLEASE tell you about an incident on our GROUPON coupon.

We would appreciate it if you could give us a few moments of your time.
We are seniors on a very limited income but I had decided to treat my husband to his 65th birthday to a nice dinner and go out which
we hardly ever do. I paid for and used on June 29th, 2013 a Groupon for Café Sevilla in Riverside Ca for 69 dollars. Please keep in mind I
had called and said it was his BIRTHDAY, a little extra attention would be great, they said oh no problem. It was on that day
here, 109 degrees. We drove the 30 miles to get there and arrived on time only to be told we would have to sit upstairs in the noisy bar
a bar with TV's loud music and noise. Could not converse, and about ten minutes into sitting down we noticed everyone
in there was fanning themselves. Come to find out after we barely had our drinks the air was not on. We plowed very quickly
through our meal as I was getting very sick to my stomach due to the heat. So, what was suppose to our big night out,
sweat coming from us and I had to get up and leave before the dessert was even served as I was not feeling well at all. As I slowly,
and carefully went down a very steep set of stairs, I noticed a thermostat that said 92 if you can even imagine. I ask you how can
anyone enjoy a meal in this? What made it worse was I had called 30 minutes before we set out on our drive to get there and asked
if all was okay for our reservation and on time, they replied, oh, no problem. WHY at that time did they not tell us the air was broke
and we would of not made the 30 minute ride each way and waited to go later. Who wants to suffer through something like this? They stick
us in a bar and not even down stairs where the nice tables were cause they had large parties AGAIN, why would you not tell someone that
when we called before we started out. I made these 3 weeks in advance.

This is just not right to subject anyone to this kind of heat or experience they should of offered it at the door when we came in. This is just not acceptable. My first groupon experience and so angry! We need and would like this establishment to know how disappointed they made one person's birthday, my dear husband, I was so embarrassed and sad for both of us!
On top of it all, they never did acknowledge his birthday!

I want this posted on the review site if you have one and pass on to Café Sevilla if you could.

Debra

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Riverside, California
“A very different type of food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I eat here on a regular basis.

Café Sevilla is Spanish food, It is not Mexican food. Very different.

I love the dishes (tapas) so many different combinations to choose from and all are wonderful.

Staff and service is always excellent.

My wife and I like eating upstairs in the bar area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Food is delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Came here with colleagues and the food is awesome! We ordered green salad with feta, sampler platter( shrimp, sweet potatoes and sausage), bacon with cheese, artichoke pizza, paella. I give everything a five star! They are so yummy! We had flourless choc cake, apple tart, orange flan and a flaky, crispy dessert and it's the last one that stood out!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Corona, California
“Dynamite Brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This should be voted "best Sunday Brunch" in the I.E. we have gone several times and have not been disappointed. my wife says the night life is hoppin too but I have not been myself to review that. all in all great place to go anytime

Visited February 2013
California
“Leave that plate on the table!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is my second review of Cafe Sevilla, and I dropping my rating. On a recent visit, we suffered a new policy of having our dinner (upstairs) continuously interrupted by bus-staff who were removing "dirty dishes" that still had plenty of food. If we didn't like the food there, that kind of attention might have been welcome. But we love the tapas - and ordered the bread to sop up the last bits of the tasty sauces. When we complained to our waitperson, she defended the policy, saying "People don't like to look at dirty dishes" - and that's true, but having a dish of that awesome calamari snatched out from under my fork or a plate half-full of olives dispatched off the table hardly counts as "dirty dishes". If Sevilla is losing money on the tapas, just raise the price a bit but don't resort to annoying service.

• Visited April 2013